C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cerakote high heat paint

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 03:24 AM
BURL
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Cerakote high heat paint

I have some uncoated stainless headers that I want to coat myself. Sending them out is not in my budget. I have a lot of automotive paint experience as well as spray tools/equipment. I have found a ceramic coating called Cerakote that is supposed to be good to 2000 deg. I'm going with a supercharger when the headers are installed so I think the coating is a good idea.

My problem is that I cannot find a dealer or retailer for the product. I found a couple of companies that have one or two of the Cerakote paints (they have several different kinds) but do not carry the particular paint I am looking for. I emailed the company twice but got no reply. They may sell to businesses only. I am retired so my business license is kaput. This is for my personal use on my personal car only. I will not sell or resell.

Anyone on the forum have access to this paint or can pass along a name of someone you know that stocks it or has access?
Old 01-28-2016, 02:37 PM
backnblack2003z06
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Cerakote is big in the firearms world, Brownells or MidwayUsa may have what you are looking for. May also want to contact local gun stores they could have a local contact.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:53 PM
BURL
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Cerakote

Thanks for the reply. I've looked at the gun coatings. They do not seem to have as high a heat resistance. They also have different names from the Cerakote high temp. stuff.

Get notified of new replies

To Cerakote high heat paint

Quick Reply: Cerakote high heat paint