C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOLLEY Dominator required parts list.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 01:09 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

PM sent.

Here is the two lists of parts from page 1.

1 list is from you....the other is from me.

2)HLY-554-102 pressure transducer(switch)

1)HLY-554-114 EFI VMS(dominator itself)

4)HLY-557-200 boost control solenoids

1)HLY-558-102 efi main harness

1)HLY-558201 injector harness

1)HLY-558-308 main power harness

1)HLY-558-406 drive by wire harness

1)RPK-220-VM-GPS racepak data module

1)RPK-250-DS-IQ3LD

Dominator EFI ECU PN 554-114

NTK Wideband O2 Sensor PN 554-100 x 2

LS1 Main Harness PN 558-102

LSx Injector harness - For EV6 Style Injectors PN 558-201

Main Power Harness PN 558-308

Dominator EFI GM Drive-By-Wire Harness PN 558-406
The following 2 users liked this post by Smoove:
FourG63 97GST (08-30-2016), MVP'S ZO6 (08-29-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 01:23 PM
etekberg
Drifting

Received 256 Likes on 122 Posts

The dominator doesn't sound bad at all. Seems like there are a lot of happy customers. They don't list anything about flex fuel, but I see they added it in V4.

Anyone know of any write-ups or general info on how to keep all the C5 factory stuff happy (gauge cluster, ABS, etc...) with an aftermarket ecu?
Old 09-02-2016, 03:04 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

I have asked before but, no writeup.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:43 PM
redcycle13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Here's another reason to use a Haltech

The following users liked this post:
niterydr (02-24-2020)
Old 09-02-2016, 03:56 PM
etekberg
Drifting

That right there is probably enough for me to figure out how to make the Holley work with some time invested.

I'm definitely going to make some phone calls about the Haltech. I had one decades ago, and it was always a cheaper comprise product for those of us who couldn't afford the Motech. If I had kept that car I would have been ripping it out to install a Motech eventually. But maybe they are better now.

I just want to buy the best product (within reason) first, I don't want to be doing it twice. Also I want to try tuning myself, so I want something that has a decent software interface that is worth learning and not going to be an overly complicated POS.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:06 PM
redcycle13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by etekberg
That right there is probably enough for me to figure out how to make the Holley work with some time invested.

I'm definitely going to make some phone calls about the Haltech. I had one decades ago, and it was always a cheaper comprise product for those of us who couldn't afford the Motech. If I had kept that car I would have been ripping it out to install a Motech eventually. But maybe they are better now.

I just want to buy the best product (within reason) first, I don't want to be doing it twice. Also I want to try tuning myself, so I want something that has a decent software interface that is worth learning and not going to be an overly complicated POS.
The new Haltech ESP is very easy to use, and they have good help files, as well as the customer support. They answer the phone and help you every time you call. I looked at several systems, and talked to a few shops about options for the C5. The shops that had used both systems recommended the Haltech. I know there are a few Dominator systems running in C5's out there. I can tell you I had never attempted an ECU wiring project like this, and was able to do it pretty easily with tech support from BlownblueZ06, and the guys at Haltech.

I can also tell you the only thing not functional when using a Haltech Elite 2500 is cruise control, but they are implementing those functions in a free future software update. Other than this, you would have no idea the car is running anything other than a stock ECU.

Last edited by redcycle13; 09-02-2016 at 04:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
etekberg (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 04:23 PM
etekberg
Drifting

Originally Posted by redcycle13
The new Haltech ESP is very easy to use, and they have good help files, as well as the customer support. They answer the phone and help you every time you call. I looked at several systems, and talked to a few shops about options for the C5. The shops that had used both systems recommended the Haltech. I know there are a few Dominator systems running in C5's out there. I can tell you I had never attempted an ECU wiring project like this, and was able to do it pretty easily with tech support from BlownblueZ06, and the guys at Haltech.

I can also tell you the only thing not functional when using a Haltech Elite 2500 is cruise control, but they are implementing those functions in a free future software update. Other than this, you would have no idea the car is running anything other than a stock ECU.
Thanks! Real experience is worth a ton in this department as far as I'm concerned
Old 09-05-2016, 08:45 AM
TTBlueZ06
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm looking at doing the dominator install as well in the near future and as far as that parts list goes, I think that's more than you need.. Since you are piggybacking a ton of things off the factory harness you should just need the ecu, main power harness, universal unterminated main harness, aux harness (needed for second wideband), DBW harness and widebands.. The Haltech wiring diagram should provide a good place to start with the wiring.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:27 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TTBlueZ06
I'm looking at doing the dominator install as well in the near future and as far as that parts list goes, I think that's more than you need.. Since you are piggybacking a ton of things off the factory harness you should just need the ecu, main power harness, universal unterminated main harness, aux harness (needed for second wideband), DBW harness and widebands.. The Haltech wiring diagram should provide a good place to start with the wiring.
If I sell a few things I have laying around here, I will buy something soon myself.

What part #s do you think are need, specifically, from the list I provided?
Old 09-06-2016, 11:29 AM
etekberg
Drifting

Originally Posted by TTBlueZ06
So what are you reasons for the dominator over the haltec?
Old 09-06-2016, 07:30 PM
TTBlueZ06
Pro

Looks easier to use from a tuning standpoint and I'm a moron... So that alone is priceless. Plus I can get it for a pretty good price.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:36 PM
skull
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

whispers * get a fuel tech 500*

Last edited by skull; 09-06-2016 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:24 PM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

The dominator does have some advantages such as automatic tranny control, and likely more tuner support.

like stated, many have tried to push me to the ProEfi

My biggest reason for going with the Haltech is Eric. Very nicely setup car and took the time to answer all my questions and a nice show discount.

I think the "tuners preference" statement is really true. Those that have experience with a particular setup want to replicate success and not duplicate the learning curve.

Haltech software user interface looks intuitive and I like the channel architecture which makes it easy to add on

I also hear alot about the Megasquirt and now the AMS is stepping up into the LS market.

I saw the Fuel Tech stuff first hand this weekend at Cecil County Yellow Bullet drags. Some amazing high hp twin turbo cars there running 200 mph in the 1/8 mile digs at 3.7 was enough to get my attention! The new pro mod and X275 cars are so much fun and diverse.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:36 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by skull
whispers * get a fuel tech 500*

Not cheap...plus you have to build a harness, currently.

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
The dominator does have some advantages such as automatic tranny control, and likely more tuner support.

like stated, many have tried to push me to the ProEfi

My biggest reason for going with the Haltech is Eric. Very nicely setup car and took the time to answer all my questions and a nice show discount.

I think the "tuners preference" statement is really true. Those that have experience with a particular setup want to replicate success and not duplicate the learning curve.

Haltech software user interface looks intuitive and I like the channel architecture which makes it easy to add on

I also hear alot about the Megasquirt and now the AMS is stepping up into the LS market.

I saw the Fuel Tech stuff first hand this weekend at Cecil County Yellow Bullet drags. Some amazing high hp twin turbo cars there running 200 mph in the 1/8 mile digs at 3.7 was enough to get my attention! The new pro mod and X275 cars are so much fun and diverse.
Someone is about to finish a fueltech build, with they're own harness on a C6 for a half mile/full mile event this week or next. I like the idea personally for the support for the dominator, vs a new(to the market) system. MS has been around for years,...lots of my local buddies run it.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:14 AM
redcycle13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Rkreigh

The Haltech has a self tuning feature that is outstanding. The ESP is very easy to use, and I was able to tune my Procharged 434 from start to finish with a little base map help from BlownblueZ06. The really cool thing about aftermarket ECU's is that they respond immediately to tune changes without a reflash. This way you can instantly see if the change you made was going in the right direction, and just hit the undo button if it was not. Plus even if your VE table is not correct, and you have a specified AFR in the target table the ECU makes an instant correction to achieve the target AFR, and stores the percentage of correction in another table that you can simply click a button and apply those stored changes to your VE, which brings your VE closer to perfect. This correction table is constantly updated and stored every time you drive the car even when you don't have a computer connected, but the changes are only applied to the base fuel table when you select apply changes. Another great thing is the ability to have the dual widebands control fuel correction under any conditions you set, including full time O2 control, which means the ECU constantly gets an AFR from the widebands and uses that info to correct fueling to your desired AFR even under WOT and boost.

I'm only giving this information from an enthusiast point of view, and someone who installed and tuned an aftermarket ECU himself. Nothing against the Dominator, as it was actually tops on my list when I was looking. The biggest decision to go with Haltech was BlownblueZ06 having already used a Haltech, and his willingness to provide guidance over the phone and email with installation. I did figure out quickly that doing it yourself gives a far greater knowledge of the way everything works together, and actually helped me grasp the tuning concept as well.

Last edited by redcycle13; 09-07-2016 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:10 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

^^ good info.

See for me, support is in the direction of the dominator for me. I know Brett is accessible via phonecall or text just about at all times, which is appreciated...I just have multiple sources(tuning aspect) ready and able for the holley to help me. Even the guy that helped develop the holley for the LS motor, is pretty much a neighbor of mine, and a friend. Not to mention my tuner who uses it as well.

Also...a main reason of going to the holley, is the Davis Technologies Traction control system that can be integrated into the holley. The haltech probably has that built in or the ability to do it(I dunno)...but I do like the idea that the holley can be used with it.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:43 PM
redcycle13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Smoove
^^ good info.

See for me, support is in the direction of the dominator for me. I know Brett is accessible via phonecall or text just about at all times, which is appreciated...I just have multiple sources(tuning aspect) ready and able for the holley to help me. Even the guy that helped develop the holley for the LS motor, is pretty much a neighbor of mine, and a friend. Not to mention my tuner who uses it as well.

Also...a main reason of going to the holley, is the Davis Technologies Traction control system that can be integrated into the holley. The haltech probably has that built in or the ability to do it(I dunno)...but I do like the idea that the holley can be used with it.
Haltech does have traction control built into the Elite series ECU standard, and it was good enough for my nearly 900rwhp car on the street. They also have an additional more advanced traction control add on that costs a pretty penny, and is geared toward drag racing. I've looked at the Davis technologies traction control too, and it seems like the standard others shoot for. I believe the Haltech paid version of traction control is similar.

I think both systems have merit, and I would probably go with whichever one I felt I could get better support with if I was starting over. It just happened that support for myself in particular pushed me toward Haltech.

Last edited by redcycle13; 09-07-2016 at 03:45 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To HOLLEY Dominator required parts list.

Old 09-07-2016, 04:17 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by redcycle13
Haltech does have traction control built into the Elite series ECU standard, and it was good enough for my nearly 900rwhp car on the street. They also have an additional more advanced traction control add on that costs a pretty penny, and is geared toward drag racing. I've looked at the Davis technologies traction control too, and it seems like the standard others shoot for. I believe the Haltech paid version of traction control is similar.

I think both systems have merit, and I would probably go with whichever one I felt I could get better support with if I was starting over. It just happened that support for myself in particular pushed me toward Haltech.
Very nice. I figured they had something like that as a functional ability. It is extra on the holley($999.00 list) in addition to the cost tho. Haltech does seem badass. I don't think you could go wrong with either based on what I see. Haven't hear anything negative about either....I have heard negative about ProEfi tho. . .
Old 09-15-2016, 02:57 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Alright, so now that I am a full fledged powerteq/holley dealer, I am about to order the following for my manual TT C5:

554-114
554-100 x2
558-102
558-201(if you have EV6 injectors)
558-200(if you have EV1 injectors)
558-308
558-401
558-402
557-200
558-406

I may end up going with a racepak when it is all said and done...at the moment, sticking with factory cluster. Choosing the above items based on what my tuner uses on several holley cars. Hope this info makes it easier for someone down the road.

Thanks-

Last edited by Smoove; 09-28-2016 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-15-2016, 07:42 PM
TTBlueZ06
Pro

Originally Posted by Smoove
Alright, so now that I am a full fledged powerteq/holley dealer, I am about to order the following for my manual TT C5:

554-114
554-100 x2
558-102
558-201(if you have EV6 injectors)
558-200(if you have EV1 injectors)
558-308
558-401
558-402
557-200

I may end up going with a racepak when it is all said and done...at the moment, sticking with factory cluster. Choosing the above items based on what my tuner uses on several holley cars. Hope this info makes it easier for someone down the road.

Thanks-
Why are you ordering an injector harness when you piggyback off the the factory computer? I really don't think you need anything but the power wire, universal harness, aux harness, DBW harness, and wideband sensors to get it up and running.. Just wondering what the thought process is? Please be sure to document the install!

Quick Reply: HOLLEY Dominator required parts list.