C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOLLEY Dominator required parts list.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 06:39 AM
redcycle13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by TTBlueZ06
Why are you ordering an injector harness when you piggyback off the the factory computer? I really don't think you need anything but the power wire, universal harness, aux harness, DBW harness, and wideband sensors to get it up and running.. Just wondering what the thought process is? Please be sure to document the install!
You don't need injector harness if your piggybacking. You can use three Deutsch connectors and make your factory harness reversible to stock like this. Just use the third connector to make corresponding connections to the injector and ignition wires from the Dominator.

Last edited by redcycle13; 09-16-2016 at 06:41 AM.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:01 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Why are you ordering an injector harness when you piggyback off the the factory computer? I really don't think you need anything but the power wire, universal harness, aux harness, DBW harness, and wideband sensors to get it up and running.. Just wondering what the thought process is? Please be sure to document the install!
Originally Posted by redcycle13
You don't need injector harness if your piggybacking. You can use three Deutsch connectors and make your factory harness reversible to stock like this. Just use the third connector to make corresponding connections to the injector and ignition wires from the Dominator.

Do you really need the stock ECM? Haven't looked at a schematic for a C5 for years but talking to the local holley guys, a few run no factory ecm(not corvettes). BCM controls ac, windows, correct? I may go to a race pak to make life easier. Just want to clean things up a bit, and make this as simple as possible. This will be my first experience with this so definitely open to suggestions.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:13 AM
TTBlueZ06
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoove
Do you really need the stock ECM? Haven't looked at a schematic for a C5 for years but talking to the local holley guys, a few run no factory ecm(not corvettes). BCM controls ac, windows, correct? I may go to a race pak to make life easier. Just want to clean things up a bit, and make this as simple as possible. This will be my first experience with this so definitely open to suggestions.

You need the factory ECM if you don't want the car to get pissed off and light up like a Christmas tree.. If you don't plan to retain any BCM functions or the dash then you can go ahead and gut it and run the dominator as a complete stand alone.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:52 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

You need the factory ECM if you don't want the car to get pissed off and light up like a Christmas tree.. If you don't plan to retain any BCM functions or the dash then you can go ahead and gut it and run the dominator as a complete stand alone.
Ok cool, so no injector harness... even tho I am changing to the 558-102 new harness? Just thought it would be an easy swap over. Low cost for me really to buy the injector harness. Being that I am buying the main harness already...what else is used from the factory setup?
Old 09-16-2016, 11:01 AM
redcycle13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

To the best of my knowledge you need the factory ECU to feed the dash and make the installation seamless, I'm unsure of anyway around it. Unless you don't care if the factory gauge cluster works.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:03 AM
redcycle13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Ok cool, so no injector harness... even tho I am changing to the 558-102 new harness? Just thought it would be an easy swap over. Low cost for me really to buy the injector harness. Being that I am buying the main harness already...what else is used from the factory setup?
It might be slightly easier to just buy the harness, the duetsch connectors would be a little cheaper. They are really easy to pin and unpin. The way I did it you can change injector and ignition control back to the factory ECU in just a couple minutes if you ever find the need to.

Last edited by redcycle13; 09-16-2016 at 11:06 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Smoove (09-16-2016)
Old 09-16-2016, 11:04 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by redcycle13
To the best of my knowledge you need the factory ECU to feed the dash and make the installation seamless, I'm unsure of anyway around it. Unless you don't care if the factory gauge cluster works.

Thats what I am saying, I may go to the racepak dash. Looking to simplify my life(install).
Old 09-16-2016, 11:38 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Here is another curve ball.... do I get the LS1 harness.....or do I buy an LS2 harness? I have an LS2 in the car right now. My knock sensors are located on the sides like an LS2. I guess I will just get the LS1, if I need to change a thing or two, I can.

558-102
or
558-103
Old 09-16-2016, 12:36 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Just ordered. Will have Wednesday at the latest. Hopefully we'll have some time to finish the wiring on the C6 ProEfi car next week as well.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:54 PM
TTBlueZ06
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Don't they have plug and play harnesses for the C6's for Pro EFI and most of the other systems? Pretty sure the C5 is the bastard because no one makes the right connectors.. Someone should 3D print the parts to make the C5 kits plug and play... For the big companies that would be a drop in the bucket, would sell a lot more systems.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:06 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Don't they have plug and play harnesses for the C6's for Pro EFI and most of the other systems? Pretty sure the C5 is the bastard because no one makes the right connectors.. Someone should 3D print the parts to make the C5 kits plug and play... For the big companies that would be a drop in the bucket, would sell a lot more systems.
For the PROefi car we are working on, they do not have a plug and play kit. When we ordered it...we bought it as a plug and play....but...when I opened the box, it was a connector for a 2006 or newer ecm....the C6 we have here, is the bastard 2005 year...so, they do not make a plug and play setup for the 05....which again, is the reason why we went with proefi(plug and play..).
Old 09-16-2016, 02:07 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

..so they sent me a universal pinout box, which is what we are splicing in based off their schematics and gm schematics.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:40 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Everything showed up today.

WOOO!
Old 09-22-2016, 03:17 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Old 09-23-2016, 07:42 PM
all4spl
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

maybe you guy can help sorry to jump in but i have a c5 and proof and we are finishing up on the install but I'm getting the reduced power on the dash. We removed the tb, injector, and coil control from stock edu and pinned it to proefi. does anyone else know what we need to disable in the stock computer to stop reduced power popup?
Old 09-23-2016, 07:54 PM
FourG63 97GST
Melting Slicks

Received 350 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by all4spl
maybe you guy can help sorry to jump in but i have a c5 and proof and we are finishing up on the install but I'm getting the reduced power on the dash. We removed the tb, injector, and coil control from stock edu and pinned it to proefi. does anyone else know what we need to disable in the stock computer to stop reduced power popup?
did you already reflash the stock ecu to ignore those inputs?
Old 09-23-2016, 07:57 PM
all4spl
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I believe so. I didn't know if someone had a "checklist" per say of what to disable.

Last edited by all4spl; 09-23-2016 at 07:57 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To HOLLEY Dominator required parts list.

Old 09-26-2016, 01:29 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by all4spl
What code?
Old 09-29-2016, 10:21 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Planning on getting around to wiring up the car this weekend. I removed the factory harness, removed all electrical tape and loom to expose wires. I'll install the factory harness, since I will be using some of it still. Install the Holley LS1 harness, and put them together. I will remove my HKS EVC booct controller, and the two MTX widebands, as well as my AUTOMETER nexus gauges. Gonna try and get rid of any clutter, and make plans to mount the new holley 3.5" touch screen I just ordered.

Since we do carbon fiber body panels here, I may try and do a new center console build once the car is working well. For now, I will just mount it in place so we can test, and race. Screen, o2 sensor(forgot to order one), and boost solenoids are showing up soon. Schematics for holley and car, are all printed out in color and in a nice binder.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/553-108
Old 01-06-2019, 11:58 PM
patrick4588
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry to bump an old thread. But im adding a holley to the c5z. So any progress been made here? Can you run the HP or have to get the Dominator? is the 550-602n not plug n play and go?

Quick Reply: HOLLEY Dominator required parts list.