C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

custom twin turbo c5zo6

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 05:00 PM
mohammedtuner
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom twin turbo c5zo6

Hey
I have c5zo6 i installed engine 427 ci from erl i want install kit twin turbo i looking for 1400 hprw any suggestions from which company i buy the kit
Note : i don't want sts turbo ....
Regards

Last edited by mohammedtuner; 02-01-2016 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:44 PM
Dunn
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Small-Bl...ZTh3Aw&vxp=mtr
The following users liked this post:
mohammedtuner (02-01-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 11:51 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

That kit isn't for an LS motor. It has an intercooler that's good for about 400 horsepower on it's best day, small chinese turbos and plenty more shortcomings.
Your best bet is to get something custom until the big boy kits come out.

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:31 AM
mohammedtuner
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKTPerformance
That kit isn't for an LS motor. It has an intercooler that's good for about 400 horsepower on it's best day, small chinese turbos and plenty more shortcomings.
Your best bet is to get something custom until the big boy kits come out.
I was confused between turbo technology and upp turbo any more suggested ....
Old 02-02-2016, 12:11 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

Unsure of your time frame, we are in testing right now of our Twin T4 Kit. Check out details here and shoot me an email if you like what you see! Jon@huronspeed.com

http://www.huronspeedproducts.com/c5...turbo-kit.html
Old 02-02-2016, 07:42 PM
zbc51
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman09
Unsure of your time frame, we are in testing right now of our Twin T4 Kit. Check out details here and shoot me an email if you like what you see! Jon@huronspeed.com

http://www.huronspeedproducts.com/c5...turbo-kit.html
I have been lucky to see this kit first hand. It really looks impressive! Cant wait to see it on the road/dyno.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:55 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by zbc51
I have been lucky to see this kit first hand. It really looks impressive! Cant wait to see it on the road/dyno.
Thanks Z!

Couple sneak peaks for the forum as well

Old 02-02-2016, 08:28 PM
JK's01Z06
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Holly smokes!! That is impressive.
Wish I had the funds to add this setup to my Z06. Thompson is currently building my 383 for my car right now and should be ready in about a week.
What intake does the test car have on it?
I looks to fit that vette like a glove.
Joe
Old 02-02-2016, 08:29 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JK's01Z06
Wish I had the funds to add this setup to my Z06. Thompson is currently building my 383 for my car right now and should be ready in about a week.
Joe
Thank you! It fits very well. The test car has a LS6 intake manifold on it. Stock bottom end car for the initial testing. We are then swapping out the smaller turbos for a pair of Billet 7475's and tossing in our 427 LSX also from Thompson!
Old 02-02-2016, 09:29 PM
DANZGLASS
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

that kit is legit! I should sell both my cars and find a good roller. lol
Old 02-02-2016, 11:44 PM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

WOW! You guys did use a C6 oilpan, but that packaging looks killer.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:26 AM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Thanks guys! Yes, C6 pan is required to fit these big turbos up higher and the 3" downpipes, however not a bad swap to do at all. We also have custom engine mount pedestals that do not require you cut yours all up to fit, simply bolt in!
Old 02-03-2016, 10:07 AM
ONE BMF
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

[QUOTE=JK's01Z06;1591464919]Holly smokes!! That is impressive.
Yeah, a very tight glove
Old 02-03-2016, 10:16 AM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

[QUOTE=ONE BMF;1591468030]
Originally Posted by JK's01Z06
Yeah, a very tight glove
Hard to say with never seeing the kit in person. It fits VERY well. Everything installs easy, not a bunch of hacking or cutting required like other kits. A couple items we include in the kit along with the C6 oil pan free up a ton of space to fit the Full T4 turbos nicely
Old 02-03-2016, 03:19 PM
JDS99
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

[QUOTE=Superman09;1591468135]
Originally Posted by ONE BMF

Hard to say with never seeing the kit in person. It fits VERY well. Everything installs easy, not a bunch of hacking or cutting required like other kits. A couple items we include in the kit along with the C6 oil pan free up a ton of space to fit the Full T4 turbos nicely
Well, so coming from someone that saw the prototype pretty close....

I was fortunate enough to work with and help Huron in the early stages of this. The prototype was done in my garage, on my car. There was a ton of time spent in packaging here to ensure things didn't have to be cut up to death, all accessories and creature comforts stay, but fitting a pair of full size 60-series T4 turbos. They are high, gravity drain, and the 3" v-band downpipes don't require any frame cutting. No loss in ground clearance, etc. In the pictures, you'll notice not just the turbo but the flange as well are tilted. The turbo tilt is less than 15deg, so it stays within all manufacturer limits. The flange is tilted for a couple reasons. First, fitment... if you want the flange parallel to the ground and not cut the frame, forget it. I've done a few of these, so speaking from experience for what can fit:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...orking-on.html

Second, if you have a turbo in hand then hold it by the flange and see where it naturally balances. You'll notice it's very similar to the pictured flange angles. The center cartridge is offset, so the center of mass is offset from mounting position as well. This means less residual forces on the manifold mounted assembly, and should yield a long life.

The intercooler has a large custom shroud on it, and is fed separately from the radiator. Radiator remains bottom feed with factory air dam, in factory position. The shroud captures air from area next to fog lights, and through nose from license plate hole. This was all done in an effort to keep air moving across the radiator, without sacrificing intercooler size.

There were plenty of considerations taken to ensure this kit could be produced while retaining the most factory systems possible.

This stuff is not easy to replicate, even on jigs. Tremendous work by Huron to do it, and nice finishing touches with the couplers and engine pedestals for sure. Well done guys!

Last edited by JDS99; 02-03-2016 at 03:22 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To custom twin turbo c5zo6

Quick Reply: custom twin turbo c5zo6