C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moving PS reservoir bracket for LS3 TB

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 09:31 PM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,284 Likes on 1,938 Posts

Default Moving PS reservoir bracket for LS3 TB

I remember reading about it in one or two posts, but no luck when searching.

Was on the phone with Josh from A&A ordering the last few pieces for my new setup and he mentioned using spacers of about 1" to 1.5" to clear the throttle body's actuator housing. Finding spacers is fine. Adapting the feed tube is fine. But where can I find bolts to work which are the right length? Anyone know?

Also.... sue of spacers sounds like the simplest solution. Better then trying to cut or weld the bracket (since I don't weld). Any other ideas?
Old 02-02-2016, 12:03 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Tusc
I remember reading about it in one or two posts, but no luck when searching.

Was on the phone with Josh from A&A ordering the last few pieces for my new setup and he mentioned using spacers of about 1" to 1.5" to clear the throttle body's actuator housing. Finding spacers is fine. Adapting the feed tube is fine. But where can I find bolts to work which are the right length? Anyone know?

Also.... sue of spacers sounds like the simplest solution. Better then trying to cut or weld the bracket (since I don't weld). Any other ideas?
You only need one ear to hold the PS reservoir on. Cut the inside one off. The one that's outside the reservoir, cut the ear off and get a 1" steel piece welded in to space it out.

Don't have a welder, I get it. If you don't have one local, you can mail it to me and can weld it up.
The other option is to measure the length of the factory bolt. If you add 1", add 25.4mm to the length of the bolt and search for that length bolt. The factory bolt is 75mm, look for a 100mm. You can find them all over the internet, including ebay. The bolt size is 10mm and the pitch is 1.5.
To get a flange bolt from these guys, you have to buy 20, but this is what you need.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flanged-Cap-...kAAOSwBLlVVgvq

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:23 PM
reactor2
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I don't remember which suppliers (probably from eBay) I used but it wasn't too hard to find what I needed. I used two spacers, its hard to see the other one in this pic.

Last edited by reactor2; 02-06-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:57 PM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,284 Likes on 1,938 Posts

Originally Posted by reactor2
I don't remember which suppliers (probably from eBay) I used but it wasn't too hard to find what I needed. I used two spacers, its hard to see the other one in this pic.

Looks good. I've got bolts in hand, but I haven't had luck finding spacers locally that fit yet.

Get notified of new replies

To Moving PS reservoir bracket for LS3 TB

Quick Reply: Moving PS reservoir bracket for LS3 TB