C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boost value assistance or formula

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 10:06 AM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Default Boost value assistance or formula

The new LS3 will be going in very soon. I'm probably going to remove the wastegate setup (from my LS1 install) and go with a more traditional supercharger setup. The reason is the wastegate brings on the torque so fast that its hard to manage. Without the wastegate, torque will be lower in the lower rpm range and easier for me to hook. Which brings me to my question.
I've got a 2bar setup so want to limit boost to no more than about 14psi. 10-12 would be about perfect. The LS3 I'm installing made 750 with a D1 on 10psi. It can handle more pretty easily but since this is primarily a street car I don't need crazy HP numbers. My Novi 2200 will be used on the new motor. How much boost will the Novi make with a 3.6 pulley? I'm running an IW 10% OD balancer, all of it 8 rib. What is the formula or method to figure boost? I did some Google searches but didn't find any easy answers.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:44 AM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

You'd be best calling whoever supplied your kit. Their experience of such kits across many engines and pulley combos will give you the best chance of getting it right
Old 02-09-2016, 11:30 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

You could restrict the supercharger. Basically put a big a$$ washer inside the blower intake.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:32 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

There are a lot of variables that dictate the amount of boost your engine sees: Engine size, induction system and camshaft profile among other things.

Get notified of new replies

To Boost value assistance or formula

Quick Reply: Boost value assistance or formula