C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Single Turbo C5 FRC Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 09:30 PM
RU_VVET
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Whooping up on an Alpha 7 GTR who kept jumping.

The following 4 users liked this post by RU_VVET:
blackmachdown (06-19-2016), FourG63 97GST (06-21-2016), Smoove (06-22-2016), Turpid porpoise (06-22-2016)
Old 06-21-2016, 09:15 PM
Garmans12valve
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice. The price tag is not nice by no means lol but the car def. seems to be worth it. Great build.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:38 PM
RU_VVET
Advanced

Had to replace the starter, get A/C installed, and upgrade my catchcan setup.

In the process, I picked up a set of C4 ZR1 wheels with a 50mm offset and a set of M&H 325/45/17 tires.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:29 PM
FourG63 97GST
Melting Slicks

Received 350 Likes on 191 Posts

looks great
Old 07-12-2016, 10:10 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Good sidewall.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:37 PM
bmfvette
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 74 Posts

Old 07-15-2016, 07:44 PM
bmfvette
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 74 Posts

Prolly needs an LG spindle...and 15's
Old 07-15-2016, 08:44 PM
RU_VVET
Advanced

Originally Posted by bmfvette
Prolly needs an LG spindle...and 15's
So far these M&Hs dead hook from a dig on the street. I like them because I can still use my stock brakes. Word of advice to anyone who buys these wheels. You will have to shave/grind a c*unt hair off the top of the spindle. The way they're made they rub against the top of the wheel. Nothing major tho.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:59 PM
Babymogul
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey you said you picked up c6 fuel tanks for $50? Where from, and what all did you need to do to install? I am looking to go with a fore innovations fuel system as well but they do not offer it for a 2000 C5. Let me know!
Old 07-22-2016, 06:11 PM
RU_VVET
Advanced

Originally Posted by Babymogul
Hey you said you picked up c6 fuel tanks for $50? Where from, and what all did you need to do to install? I am looking to go with a fore innovations fuel system as well but they do not offer it for a 2000 C5. Let me know!
Ebay, got a set of used tanks. When you get them, make sure they have all three O-rings in the top connector that holds the xover tube. You cannot buy them from Chevrolet as a specific part. They only come with the tanks. I had to order 3 tanks because one was missing.

I used the C6 Fore Twin kit. It will install and work fine, but the fuel gauge will not work.

In order to get the fuel gauge to function in a C5, you must flip the fuel level sensors upside down and re-secure them on the billet sending unit in the driver tank and pump in the passenger tank. Some shortening of the float stalk is necessary as well or it will hit the inside of the tank and not read properly. This will cause your gauge to prematurely read empty when you still have over 5 gallons in the tank, but hey, it's better than the car dinging every 30 seconds because it always thinks it's empty.

C5 and C6 have the exact opposite Ohm readings for full and empty. Im guessing because they didn't want people swapping tanks. The C6 tanks fit directly into a C5.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:16 PM
Babymogul
Instructor

Originally Posted by RU_VVET
Ebay, got a set of used tanks. When you get them, make sure they have all three O-rings in the top connector that holds the xover tube. You cannot buy them from Chevrolet as a specific part. They only come with the tanks. I had to order 3 tanks because one was missing.

I used the C6 Fore Twin kit. It will install and work fine, but the fuel gauge will not work.

In order to get the fuel gauge to function in a C5, you must flip the fuel level sensors upside down and re-secure them on the billet sending unit in the driver tank and pump in the passenger tank. Some shortening of the float stalk is necessary as well or it will hit the inside of the tank and not read properly. This will cause your gauge to prematurely read empty when you still have over 5 gallons in the tank, but hey, it's better than the car dinging every 30 seconds because it always thinks it's empty.

C5 and C6 have the exact opposite Ohm readings for full and empty. Im guessing because they didn't want people swapping tanks. The C6 tanks fit directly into a C5.
Interesting. I didnt think it would be this complicated, argh! I just want to run e85! LOL do you know anything about external fuel pumps like what UPP and A&A fuel systems have to offer for earlier year corvettes? It seems that would be the best option but I am still unsure.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:21 PM
RU_VVET
Advanced

Interesting. I didnt think it would be this complicated, argh! I just want to run e85! LOL do you know anything about external fuel pumps like what UPP and A&A fuel systems have to offer for earlier year corvettes? It seems that would be the best option but I am still unsure.

It's not complicated at all, we used zip ties and you can do it before they go into the tanks. There's no extra wiring, just flip them upside down.

They're just boost-a-pumps. If I was to upgrade from this, I would go with the Fore Triple or get a surge tank. The regular fuel tanks would pump fuel into the surge tank in the trunk. From there I'd put a huge pump in the surge tank.

I want to do E85 too and also have flexfuel capability. For that I need ProEFI or that truck ECU setup from Vengeance Racing ($1800)
Old 07-22-2016, 06:40 PM
Babymogul
Instructor

It's not complicated at all, we used zip ties and you can do it before they go into the tanks. There's no extra wiring, just flip them upside down.

They're just boost-a-pumps. If I was to upgrade from this, I would go with the Fore Triple or get a surge tank. The regular fuel tanks would pump fuel into the surge tank in the trunk. From there I'd put a huge pump in the surge tank.

I want to do E85 too and also have flexfuel capability. For that I need ProEFI or that truck ECU setup from Vengeance Racing ($1800)
I love this thread!

Could you just as easily you any 03+ C5 fuel tank since they are the same from 03-13? I am going to make a WTB post for a fuel tank here in a bit. I am interested in doing the same thing you did actually.

I know FlexFuel is hard as hell with our cars. Did vengeance ever release how they did it on that c5? Oh you need one of those ecus plus a ton of tuning, huh? Has anyone else ran flex other than them in a c5 ?
Old 07-22-2016, 07:08 PM
RU_VVET
Advanced

I love this thread!

Could you just as easily you any 03+ C5 fuel tank since they are the same from 03-13? I am going to make a WTB post for a fuel tank here in a bit. I am interested in doing the same thing you did actually.

I know FlexFuel is hard as hell with our cars. Did vengeance ever release how they did it on that c5? Oh you need one of those ecus plus a ton of tuning, huh? Has anyone else ran flex other than them in a c5 ?
Yes the 03+ tanks will work too but there aren't a plethora of them available as there are with C6 tanks.

No and Vengeance will not release how other than say it's a Truck ECU of the same era. They only install and tune it in house and they put a lock on the tune.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:13 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

with your methanol before the wastegate like that wouldn't it potentially let methanol get on your exhaust when you let off? there is methanol in the lines, tiny bit and some on the inside of the pipe even after you left off. I'd just be careful.

sik ride!
Old 07-22-2016, 07:18 PM
Babymogul
Instructor

Yes the 03+ tanks will work too but there aren't a plethora of them available as there are with C6 tanks.

No and Vengeance will not release how other than say it's a Truck ECU of the same era. They only install and tune it in house and they put a lock on the tune.
Very true. I can probably find everything I need from someone parting out their c6. So for the complete swap I would just need the fuel tanks with the 3 o rings? Or the crossover as well?

Man, that is a true bummer. Monopolizing flex fuel like that is so uncool. Luckily I am in Houston with a plethora of e85 stations.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:21 PM
RU_VVET
Advanced

Originally Posted by neverstop
with your methanol before the wastegate like that wouldn't it potentially let methanol get on your exhaust when you let off? there is methanol in the lines, tiny bit and some on the inside of the pipe even after you left off. I'd just be careful.

sik ride!
Haven't had a problem yet. Meth evaporates very quickly.

Get notified of new replies

To Single Turbo C5 FRC Build Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 10:24 AM
RU_VVET
Advanced

Very true. I can probably find everything I need from someone parting out their c6. So for the complete swap I would just need the fuel tanks with the 3 o rings? Or the crossover as well.
Yes you need the xover tube for whichever tanks you get. Those parts are not interchangeable.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:34 PM
Babymogul
Instructor

Hey you wouldn't happen to have any pictures of the c6 tanks you used with the xover do you?
Old 09-20-2016, 09:50 PM
RU_VVET
Advanced

As an update, I switched the car to E85 and promptly pushed over 22psi of boost. The car made 900 ft/tq

I lifted a head shortly after That is being replaced and I'm turning the boost back down. Not bad for stock 5.3L with headstuds.

Quick Reply: Single Turbo C5 FRC Build Thread