C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

15974 NOS mini - faulty? wiring? grounding solenoids when armed

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 04:26 PM
maroon88iroc
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Default 15974 NOS mini - faulty? wiring? grounding solenoids when armed

lost a grudge race by a car and a half this weekend due to a faulty nos mini progressive controller, Finished install Saturday night and went to test sunday morning (I know last minute) only to find out the kit was not working correctly. The NOS mini is supposed to send a ground to the solenoids when the parameters are met in the setup, however I have a constant ground as soon as the nos mini is armed. The car is a 2002 Corvette Z06 & the kit is an NX proton system with a purge and heater (both purge and heater are wired separately obviously)

I have attached the wiring that I used, I ran the White wire (switched 12V) from the NOS mini to the arming switch, same wire that provides signal to the relays to power the solenoids. The heavy blue wire is connected from the NOS mini to the ground side of the solenoid and should only have ground once the parameters in the nos mini are met, however I am getting a constant ground signal on that blue wire from the NOS mini so the solenoids are opening as soon as I arm the system..

-Tach input hooked up to the light green wire on the passenger coil pack harness
-RPM signal set-up is C04 - looked online and looks like this is what most people are using.
-TPS signal connected to the Dark Blue wire at the TPS sensor.

Below are the settings I plugged into both channels:

F - 15 (Solenoid Frequency 15 hz recommended)
C - 04 (RPM signal Set-up - 4 cylinder)
P - 00 (Ramp Pause Mode - ramp is reset when deactivated)
1 - 30 (Activation RPM - 3000)
2 - 68 (De-activation RPM - 6800)
3 - 00 (Delay time - 0 sec)
4 - 50 (Start % - 50%)
5 - 10 (Ramp time - 1.0 seconds)
6 - 99 (End % - 99%)
7 - 00 (Control output delay - 0%)
8 - 02 (TPAS mode - 02 = TPS Signal)
9 - 45 (TPS Setting - auto learn by going WOT in setup)

I think the nos mini is bad but maybe I missed something.. hopefully some of you with more experience can help me out.
Attached Images  

Last edited by maroon88iroc; 04-18-2016 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:49 PM
bluewire
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

I have the same controller and I hooked my solenoids straight to 12 volts + and the ground comes directly from the controller. I don't think you need the extra relays in your diagram since the controller itself has internal solenoid relays.

It should be pretty easy to bypass them and see if it works.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:02 PM
maroon88iroc
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

I decided the nos mini was bad last week and ordered a new one. It arrived Friday and I wired it up same as the old one with the same settings. New unit works flawlessly, old one definitely bad.

Thanks,
-Gibson

Get notified of new replies

To 15974 NOS mini - faulty? wiring? grounding solenoids when armed

Quick Reply: 15974 NOS mini - faulty? wiring? grounding solenoids when armed