C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bypass or Blowoff

Old 04-21-2016, 09:57 PM
ChrgedZ06
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bypass or Blowoff

Hi, I am new to the Z06 scene and currently rebuilding my top end. While i have the car apart I was wondering which is recommended for my procharger, bypass or blow off valve?? I currently have the black pro charger bypass valve but it isn't loud at all and I want to hear the supercharger, especially at idle. Any recommendations on how to get a louder sound? I was told using the red bypass valve would help, anything else I can do?
Old 04-23-2016, 08:24 PM
leo12
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Default blowoff

Originally Posted by ChrgedZ06
Hi, I am new to the Z06 scene and currently rebuilding my top end. While i have the car apart I was wondering which is recommended for my procharger, bypass or blow off valve?? I currently have the black pro charger bypass valve but it isn't loud at all and I want to hear the supercharger, especially at idle. Any recommendations on how to get a louder sound? I was told using the red bypass valve would help, anything else I can do?
Blow of valve,Tial 50mm or big red
Old 04-27-2016, 03:30 PM
Idahoctsv
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Or vortech bv57. Big load and badass. Bigger than big red.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:50 PM
redcycle13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

I've used both, and I prefer the blow off valve. I find the blow off to be less noisy under normal cruising, but the little swoosh they make when coming off a load sounds cool.

Get notified of new replies

To Bypass or Blowoff

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bypass or Blowoff