C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gaps around DeWitts radiator

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 07:54 AM
YELLO C5
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Gaps around DeWitts radiator

Last year I still ran hot on the track even with the DeWitts. I suspect the gaps around the sides and top of the radiator are letting too much air around it and not through the cooling fins. What are people using to close the gaps? I have the short, supercharger version.

Also, do the EOC lines run on the inside of the ABS module bracket? I ran through the bracket and the lines seem a bit too long but didn't think I had enough to run around the bracket.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:44 AM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

boxing in the sides with sheet metal fab'd up and adding the top shroud made noticable improvement in cooling for sure, i haven't checked logs yet but i'd assume increased airflow helped with IATs through intercooler too. i just bought sheetmetal and cut/bent it in my garage and worked out great, similar to what Pat-G did which you can find on here with some searching. top shroud makes a big diff
Old 05-13-2016, 03:00 PM
Quickshift_C5
Melting Slicks

Received 141 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by neverstop
boxing in the sides with sheet metal fab'd up and adding the top shroud made noticable improvement in cooling for sure, i haven't checked logs yet but i'd assume increased airflow helped with IATs through intercooler too. i just bought sheetmetal and cut/bent it in my garage and worked out great, similar to what Pat-G did which you can find on here with some searching. top shroud makes a big diff
I was just wondering the same thing as the OP when I stumbled on this thread.

Do you have any photos you can share?
Old 05-13-2016, 04:44 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

I used the gray stiff like form that you can cut to size. After doing it can't really tell it is in place. It does work also on getting the temp down. I also had the same rad as the OP plus using the dewitt fan set up. Robert
Old 05-16-2016, 02:42 AM
YELLO C5
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had a few track sessions before I blew up my trans and differential. Didn't have time to do much but lay some pipe insulation foam across the top of the Dewitts radiator and tape it to keep it in place. Quick fix but definitely made an improvement. Will try my hand at bending sheet metal when I have more time. I think I saw a tip in Popular Mechanics that in a pinch, you can use a door jam to make bends as I don't have a sheet metal brake.

Get notified of new replies

To Gaps around DeWitts radiator

Quick Reply: Gaps around DeWitts radiator