C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N20 wet plate kit on stock motor?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 05:41 PM
Jay Bizzal
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default N20 wet plate kit on stock motor?

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/efi-wet...te-system.htmlWas wondering if anyone has any experience with this nitrous kit. Has anyone run this kit on a stock motor without any add ons/tunes? What would i be looking at as far as supporting mods? Looking to do something around a 100 shot. Im mainly just looking for something to give me the extra umph once i get goin on a pull. I know i saw something about a cold spark plug and obviously id need to monitor fuel pressure. But just wanted to see if someone could chime in about this kit that has used it before. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Last edited by Jay Bizzal; 05-09-2016 at 05:44 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:02 PM
Nitrous Express & Snow Performance
Supporting Vendor

Nitrous Express & Snow Performance's Avatar

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Lots of stock cars running a 100 shot. Give our kit a look. If you have anymore questions let me know.
http://nitrousexpress.com/20935-10-g...ut-bottle.html
Old 05-09-2016, 11:23 PM
reactor2
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Supercharger and N2O on stock bottom end here
But 6psi and 35hp N20....but still more than 100hp

Last edited by reactor2; 05-09-2016 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:31 PM
NosLaser
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Bizzal
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/efi-wet...te-system.htmlWas wondering if anyone has any experience with this nitrous kit. Has anyone run this kit on a stock motor without any add ons/tunes? What would i be looking at as far as supporting mods? Looking to do something around a 100 shot. Im mainly just looking for something to give me the extra umph once i get goin on a pull. I know i saw something about a cold spark plug and obviously id need to monitor fuel pressure. But just wanted to see if someone could chime in about this kit that has used it before. Thanks in advance for any advice!
I have personally installed and I run that exact kit on my '01 Z06. If you have a completely stock tune (i.e. stock timing) you may get away with 100 shot without having to pull any timing. You may have to pull out maybe 2 degrees, and apparently there are IAT mods you can perform to pull timing (tricks the computer into thinking the air is hotter than it is I believe.)

You'll also want a colder non-projected plug (ngk BR7EF comes to mind, gapped around .029-.030" should suffice.) In all honesty, you are talking about a 346 cubic inch 5.7 liter V8. 100 shot really isn't leaning on it too much PROVIDED the car is in proper working order (sensors, no intake./vacuum leaks, etc.) I used to spray my old '87 Fox body coupe with 150 shot all day long, and it has a stock 170k mile bottom end with no issues at all.

After the install, ensure you have no leaks, go spray in one gear (maybe 2nd), shut the car down, pull a plug and read it. Without any other tools that will give your best view into the combustion chamber. Good luck!

FYI, Nitrous Outlet and Nitrous Express (I noticed he posted up there) both make excellent kits, so you'll do well with either of them.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:20 PM
alxltd1
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Running this kit on my 2000 MN6, stock bottom end. Have heads, cam, intake (LS6) and XS-Power headers through Ti exhaust and QTP cutouts.

I have it set up for a 150 shot, with all attendant safeguards (WOT, FPS, etc. and LNC-2000 controller to pull timing when on the spray. It is dyno tuned.

It did 398 RWHP/ 385 RWTQ NA and on the spray it did 543 RWHP /617 RWTQ.

So far no issues and the kit performs as advertised. Don't think you can go wrong with this kit and as others have stated it will work fine if set up properly and not abused.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:47 AM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by alxltd1
Running this kit on my 2000 MN6, stock bottom end. Have heads, cam, intake (LS6) and XS-Power headers through Ti exhaust and QTP cutouts.

I have it set up for a 150 shot, with all attendant safeguards (WOT, FPS, etc. and LNC-2000 controller to pull timing when on the spray. It is dyno tuned.

It did 398 RWHP/ 385 RWTQ NA and on the spray it did 543 RWHP /617 RWTQ.

So far no issues and the kit performs as advertised. Don't think you can go wrong with this kit and as others have stated it will work fine if set up properly and not abused.
what do you mean by FPS?

i have a nitrous outlet kit with the 92mm wet plate kit going on this week, LNC-2000 and micro storm controller going to jet for 125 shot

with the timing controller is a colder plug still needed?
Old 05-11-2016, 01:20 PM
alxltd1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Stroker87
what do you mean by FPS?

i have a nitrous outlet kit with the 92mm wet plate kit going on this week, LNC-2000 and micro storm controller going to jet for 125 shot

with the timing controller is a colder plug still needed?
Fuel Pressure Switch (FPS) It monitors pressure at the rail to ensure it is adequate before spraying.

I did not go to a colder plug, but others may want to comment.

Last edited by alxltd1; 05-11-2016 at 01:21 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:28 AM
NosLaser
Le Mans Master

Fuel Pressure Switch (FPS) It monitors pressure at the rail to ensure it is adequate before spraying.

I did not go to a colder plug, but others may want to comment.
I was curious about this as well. For a 100 shot on a bolt on C5Z, does one really need to go to a 7 heat range plug? I can get behind a non-projected style plug, but why couldn't you use a BR6EF instead of a BR7EF? Both are non-projected, and the 6EF would certainly run better around town on motor.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:29 AM
NosLaser
Le Mans Master

Oh, and alxltd1, do you know what plug gap you are using? I wonder if gapping all the way down to .029 is really necessary on a bolt on C5Z to prevent spark blowout.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:10 PM
alxltd1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by NosLaser
Oh, and alxltd1, do you know what plug gap you are using? I wonder if gapping all the way down to .029 is really necessary on a bolt on C5Z to prevent spark blowout.
I will have to check gap and report back.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:25 PM
NosLaser
Le Mans Master

I will have to check gap and report back.
Cool.

I'm thinking a BR6EF gapped at .035" would be perfect for a street driven car on 100 shot with basic mods.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:44 PM
2003Evo
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The wet plate kit is great but dont expect to pay $700 and be done, once all the little things add up to make it work safe then you will be $1200 deep.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:33 PM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 2003Evo
The wet plate kit is great but dont expect to pay $700 and be done, once all the little things add up to make it work safe then you will be $1200 deep.
i'm about $1800 deep just finished installing it today, dyno is tomorrow

simple is never simple
Old 05-17-2016, 05:51 PM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

What kind of questions do you have? Our system comes out of the box ready to go. This system is vehicle specific meaning it has vehicle specific solenoid brackets and hard lines that is designed for your intake manifold. No trying to figure out where to mount everything. Simply bolt it on, the hard lines are specific to your application for a clean install. No extra braided lines strung all over. We recommend a purge and bottle heater for consistent bottle pressure. I also recommend getting a LNC-2000 to pull timing. You may or may not get away with the stock tune. If you have any questions feel free to email me at Matt@NitrousOutlet.com
Old 05-17-2016, 09:16 PM
my01corvette
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm Running 100 shot nitrous express on a stock bottom end on my 01 C5 with no issues so far.
My question is I'm thinking going AA Supercharger but how much more HP will I see? Kit is 5,100 and that's a huge nut to crack for a slight gain over the Nitrous 100 shot . I know it's on tap all the time but that's a lot of cash if it's a small gain.
Thanks Guys
Old 05-18-2016, 08:25 AM
NosLaser
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by NitrousOutlet
What kind of questions do you have? Our system comes out of the box ready to go. This system is vehicle specific meaning it has vehicle specific solenoid brackets and hard lines that is designed for your intake manifold. No trying to figure out where to mount everything. Simply bolt it on, the hard lines are specific to your application for a clean install. No extra braided lines strung all over. We recommend a purge and bottle heater for consistent bottle pressure. I also recommend getting a LNC-2000 to pull timing. You may or may not get away with the stock tune. If you have any questions feel free to email me at Matt@NitrousOutlet.com
I just sprung for an LNC2000 and I currently run your plate kit. I have a custom tune through my diablosport inTune, and essentially instead of having to switch between two tunes, one for motor, one for nitrous, I figured the LNC2000 would allow me to drive on the aggressive motor tune and be able to flip the timing back when I need to use the nitrous.

My question is this. Obviously depending on how much timing is being added above stock to my custom tune, I'll need to pull the appropriate amount of timing back out of the car on nitrous. Under WOT, on nitrous, how many degrees of total timing should I be seeing on the datalogger? I figure that may be a more honest way of knowing where the car needs to be at i.e. if I pulled enough, or pulled too much, etc.

Thanks.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:16 PM
Anthraxmm
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NosLaser
I just sprung for an LNC2000 and I currently run your plate kit. I have a custom tune through my diablosport inTune, and essentially instead of having to switch between two tunes, one for motor, one for nitrous, I figured the LNC2000 would allow me to drive on the aggressive motor tune and be able to flip the timing back when I need to use the nitrous.

My question is this. Obviously depending on how much timing is being added above stock to my custom tune, I'll need to pull the appropriate amount of timing back out of the car on nitrous. Under WOT, on nitrous, how many degrees of total timing should I be seeing on the datalogger? I figure that may be a more honest way of knowing where the car needs to be at i.e. if I pulled enough, or pulled too much, etc.

Thanks.
Keep in mind however that the lnc is post pcm. By that I mean it changes the timing after the pcm, so a data logger will not show how many degrees are being pulled.

Therefore, what the data logger sees minus how much you are pulling with the lnc will be your total timing.

Get notified of new replies

To N20 wet plate kit on stock motor?

Old 05-18-2016, 12:19 PM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

the tuner setup my LNC-2000 to pull 5 degrees for my 100 shot
Old 05-18-2016, 06:30 PM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

How much timing you pull will be dependent on what your total timing is before hand as well as what fuel you're using. The LNC is nice because it does allow you to pull timing only when your nitrous is armed to keep from driving around with less timing in the car. We have customers running 150 shots on stock internals.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:29 PM
NosLaser
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Anthraxmm
Keep in mind however that the lnc is post pcm. By that I mean it changes the timing after the pcm, so a data logger will not show how many degrees are being pulled.

Therefore, what the data logger sees minus how much you are pulling with the lnc will be your total timing.
Awesome to know, very good info, and I actually like that idea better.

Originally Posted by Stroker87
the tuner setup my LNC-2000 to pull 5 degrees for my 100 shot

Originally Posted by NitrousOutlet
How much timing you pull will be dependent on what your total timing is before hand as well as what fuel you're using. The LNC is nice because it does allow you to pull timing only when your nitrous is armed to keep from driving around with less timing in the car. We have customers running 150 shots on stock internals.
I'm gonna datalog and make sure I get a good handle on how much total timing the car is making under a few different conditions and go from there. That is the exact reason for going with the LNC; I can keep the "motor" tune and be able to activate the plate kit and reduce timing only when needed. Perfect.

Quick Reply: N20 wet plate kit on stock motor?