C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RPS Quad Clutch installation help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 09:05 AM
venomws7
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Default RPS Quad Clutch installation help !!!

Anyone here did this install? What clutch slave cylinder did you use? Stock bell housing? Any pics?

We're installing RPS Quad clutch setup on my friend's C5 418ci Twin 7275s turbos Tick Per Master clutch cylinder but it seems the slave needs some sort of an adjustment.

Maybe we should have went with Spec Stage 3+ clutch

Let me know please any info will help.

Sam
Old 05-19-2016, 09:29 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Whats the distance between the bearing and the pressure plate fingers? Touching, pushing in on them...or too far away?

To far-spacer or if you had a tilton you could just change the size of the bearing(based off measurement)....too close-wrong slave.....touching-perfect(not your situation).

Personally...I would run tilton hydraulics...but you would need to do some math to order the correct one. Does RPS have a suggestion for what to use with their clutch?
Old 05-19-2016, 10:01 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Hey Hussam,
The stock slave spits out the throw-out bearing at .900" As the clutch wears, the pressure plate fingers rise toward the throw-out bearing, so that's where the need for spacing comes from. I would expect that with 4 discs, you would need more room for fingers to rise and therefore need at least .225-.250" of spacing. The typical amount that a pressure plate needs to release the clutch discs is typically about .390". With the stock master, the slave will typically travel .440" with full pedal engagement. The Tick master should come with a larger, 7/8" bore cylinder vs. the 3/4" bore on the stock master. This means that with full pedal stroke, you should yield .513" from the stock slave. Given the fact that the maximum stroke to failure is .900", I would recommend creating some cushion and starting backward from .800. That means that the max spacing you can have is .287" if you want a .100" cushion.

You also need to make sure that each and every shaft has spline engagement.
Be careful with these discs because the carbon discs are fragile and they can be damaged by forcing or applying too much pressure to the input shaft. You have my cell# and email info, so don't hesitate to let me know if I can help.

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:51 AM
venomws7
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Jamie and Bret thanks for the replies/info guys we're checking one more thing on the car if it didn't work I will let you know soon.

Last edited by venomws7; 05-22-2016 at 04:51 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To RPS Quad Clutch installation help !!!

Quick Reply: RPS Quad Clutch installation help !!!