C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So upset with service thinking of ripping my nitrous system out

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 12:08 PM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts

Default So upset with service thinking of ripping my nitrous system out

i finally got around to installing my nitrous kit had a dyno date for the 17th realized i didnt have jets for a 125 shot so called the company on the 13th ordered the jets and a few other things paid extra to get the jets by monday the 16th, well monday i called the guy and asked for tracking # to see whats up he tells me its secluded to be delivered on the 17th WTF? i reminded him my dyno was the next day and the shop is about 30 miles a way so he comes up with a solution he'll over night the stuff to the tuner ok great problem solved, so next day get the car strapped down tuner is messing with the street tune getting ready for the nitrous tune but still no jets? called back asking for tracking again to see what up this the overnight shipping he tells "guys in the back" messed up never shipped any thing (wait it gets better) so the car gets tuned only for 100 shot drive home see the package i paid to have on the 16th open it find out i got the jets and i ordered 2 -6 bottle nuts but got 2 1/4 to -4 nipples (come on man) so called back he offers me a couple of free tee shirts and will send me the correct bottle nipples (what every) so i called back on friday asking about the stuff he tells me it was delivered to the tuner and i have to pick it up from there plus i got the wrong kit (Fbody kit) it has the wrong fuel tube i cant get my engine cover back on unless i really chop it up so i call him and ask how much to get the right tube? he tells i'll send you the correct one just send me a pick so i did then he tells me the tube that you have is the right one when you have a fast 92mm so i go on the companys website lookup the kit for 97-04 corvette fast 92mm and it shows a different fuel tube so i email him he offers to ship the correct one if i come up with a year old receipt really? like i havent been true enough LoL

so at this point
more dyno fee's, fuel & time for the 125 shot and wait to get back on the rollers
time + fuel picking up parts sent to the wrong address
parts not shipped on time
parts NOT shipped
wrong parts shipped
cost for correct fuel tube

picked a well known brand thinking good products and service, service end has not worked out to well! i'm really just thinking of pulling the kit off and swapping brands at this point and it only has been used on the dyno

so have you ever been so upset with a company you pulled there parts off?
Old 05-23-2016, 12:18 PM
John_B
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

That sucks! Which company is it? I know some guys don't like to throw the company under the bus, but in a situation like this they had multiple chances to fix their mistake and still didn't. I myself would like to know because I may be going nitrous and this can steer me away if customer service is that bad.

As frustrating as it is, Ripping it off would just be a waste of money, get it finished and enjoy the car. It sucks, but taking the kit off leaves you with nothing.
The following users liked this post:
Stroker87 (05-24-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 12:23 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

sounds like a supercharger company I dealt with... as long as the parts work I would probably leave it alone... in my case the customer service AND the parts were lacking so I did exactly what you said, ripped it off, swapped companies, and couldn't be happier with how it turned out
Stroker87 (05-24-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 12:45 PM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by John_B
That sucks! Which company is it?
not sure i can say openly since they are a vender here i'll shoot you a PM, you might be surprised at who it is though!

Originally Posted by neutron82
sounds like a supercharger company I dealt with...
the gold with the car is local shows and drag strip events once i'm done at this point i'm not sure i want to advertises for them or give them any more of my money since i want to run matching twin bottles and openers figured i can sell the kit the cars wired already i'll probably loose $300-$400 but seriously thinking of it! its really sad though
Old 05-23-2016, 02:14 PM
Nitrous Express & Snow Performance
Supporting Vendor

Nitrous Express & Snow Performance's Avatar

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroker87
not sure i can say openly since they are a vender here i'll shoot you a PM, you might be surprised at who it is though!

the gold with the car is local shows and drag strip events once i'm done at this point i'm not sure i want to advertises for them or give them any more of my money since i want to run matching twin bottles and openers figured i can sell the kit the cars wired already i'll probably loose $300-$400 but seriously thinking of it! its really sad though

Don't want members to think it was us as I try to bend over backwards for our forum members. Sorry your having trouble with another company, anything I can do to help let me know.
Thanks
The following 2 users liked this post by Nitrous Express & Snow Performance:
a/c man (05-24-2016), Stroker87 (05-24-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 05:03 PM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
Don't want members to think it was us as I try to bend over backwards for our forum members.
this is true it is NOT NX

update!

ran over to the tuner to pickup the package they sent there opened it up started laughing they sent the wrong size tee shirts (ridiculous) got so annoyed call them talked to head of sales told him in details what happen he still wants me to spend a 1/2 day digging true boxes to find a receipt and thats even if i can (seriously?) in the end he asked what would make me happy i thought i was being really fare when i told him its costing me about $200 to $225 to get my car back on the dyno split the cost with me and give me half credit since i'm still looking to get another bottle and openers (witch i really think they should credit for it all since it was there fault) but wanted to see what he said his reply was let me see and i'll get back to you

if i was in his shoes as a business owner i'd be smooching the clients rear to make things right since even trying to make it right they failed more then once!

i'm actually waiting to hear back from another company to see what a kit would cost me try figure out what i can get for this kit since it looks like i'm jumping ship
Old 05-23-2016, 09:29 PM
c_white
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear about this, I'm surprised, nitrous outlet is usually right on top of things. They forgot a piece in my kit but got it to me quickly and with a couple free shirts. (Correct size lol)
Stroker87 (05-24-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 10:33 PM
2003Evo
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

That sucks man, i know you were pretty stoked about finally getting the kit all done and now this. Hopefully you get it all figured out.
Stroker87 (05-24-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 03:28 AM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

well opened the bottle and ran down to mexico for a couple passes finally every thing is working correctly car does feel pretty good

update

the head sales guy got back to me his willing to work with me and issue some credit since its costing me $$ for there mistake and discounts on other stuff i want to complete the setup. that does make me feel better him putting the effort to keep a customer but i told him i need a few days to cool off and figure out what i want to do
Old 05-24-2016, 07:50 AM
John_B
Racer

Good to see they are still trying to help. If you don't mind, I'm very curious what your numbers are on spray once you get it back on the dyno. Also numbers on motor and your impressions on how the car feels.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:25 AM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

John, right now i dont know the correct numbers the car was spinning the tires on the dyno and the LNC-2000 is pulling 5 degree's of timing to keep things on the safe side, the tuner let out around 5700 rpm i pull till 6700 but dyno showed 512rwhp 501rwtq on the bottle & 456rwhp 401rwtq N/A letting out out around 6100 rpm tuner said it probably be in the 530/540 if it didnt spin the tires and he went up to 6500 rpm but he new it was going to get re-tuned since i didnt have the jets for the 125 shot so he took it easy and just put a safe tune in the car till i take it back and let me get use to it

my impressions to be 100% honest i was nervous not knowing what to aspect since i never had any thing on nitrous before so i left traction on i had it setup for straight to 100% @ WOT for highway runs car feels really good, i made a run well into triple digits car pulled way harder then it ever did i'm confident saying the car is well in to the 10's now, last night i had on my nitto drag radials witch worked pretty good on the street from a 20mph roll usually and roasted 1st and most of 2nd like i had on stock tires, the only thing i can say negative about it is heating time to get the pressure up was about 10 minutes last night after 2 back to back runs the pressure dropped to around 860psi on the second run and the car did feel a little weaker. i'm hoping adding a 2nd bottle helps with that but its not really all that big of a deal for me

so right now they way the car sitting i know there is more HP with just tuning but waiting to put the 125 jets get the final tune on the 14th then track the car to see what it can do
Old 05-24-2016, 11:58 AM
John_B
Racer

John, right now i dont know the correct numbers the car was spinning the tires on the dyno and the LNC-2000 is pulling 5 degree's of timing to keep things on the safe side, the tuner let out around 5700 rpm i pull till 6700 but dyno showed 512rwhp 501rwtq on the bottle & 456rwhp 401rwtq N/A letting out out around 6100 rpm tuner said it probably be in the 530/540 if it didnt spin the tires and he went up to 6500 rpm but he new it was going to get re-tuned since i didnt have the jets for the 125 shot so he took it easy and just put a safe tune in the car till i take it back and let me get use to it

my impressions to be 100% honest i was nervous not knowing what to aspect since i never had any thing on nitrous before so i left traction on i had it setup for straight to 100% @ WOT for highway runs car feels really good, i made a run well into triple digits car pulled way harder then it ever did i'm confident saying the car is well in to the 10's now, last night i had on my nitto drag radials witch worked pretty good on the street from a 20mph roll usually and roasted 1st and most of 2nd like i had on stock tires, the only thing i can say negative about it is heating time to get the pressure up was about 10 minutes last night after 2 back to back runs the pressure dropped to around 860psi on the second run and the car did feel a little weaker. i'm hoping adding a 2nd bottle helps with that but its not really all that big of a deal for me

so right now they way the car sitting i know there is more HP with just tuning but waiting to put the 125 jets get the final tune on the 14th then track the car to see what it can do

Thanks for the response. Good luck with the car!
Old 05-24-2016, 04:18 PM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Unfortunately, this is a scenario where we dropped the ball. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. I have addressed this series of mistakes with our sales team and I hope that we can regain your confidence. I can assure you, this is not a good representation of how we do business. The reasoning behind my asking for the original invoice is to see the entire scenario and determine if we have an issue with training or if there was a mix up between us and the dealer you ordered from.We have internal processes that we have to follow to try to get a grip on circumstances like this to prevent them from happening again. I'm happy that your system is performing well and again, I apologize for any hassle we caused you. If anyone on this forum has an issue with dealings with Nitrous Outlet, I urge you to contact me so that I can address any issue in a timely manner. My email address is Brandon@Nitrousoutlet.com. My phone number is (866) 648-7637 Ext. 105.

Brandon Johnson
Sales Manager
Nitrous Outlet
Old 05-24-2016, 07:50 PM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by NitrousOutlet
Unfortunately, this is a scenario where we dropped the ball. I apologize for the inconvenience

Brandon Johnson
Sales Manager
Nitrous Outlet
Brandon, I like to thank you for stepping up to the plate and showing me your customers do mean something to nitrous outlet! since we talked i do honestly feel better about the company with the exception of the salesman i was dealing with (sorry that wont change) i'm still undecided at this point i've learned from my mistakes not to do things when i'm upset i might regret later, so just going to wait a little bit to make a final decision

the system though is working and the quality of every thing is nice. fit and finish of the brackets i did get and hard lines is really good i dont have any complaints about your products i installed
Old 05-29-2016, 08:32 PM
NosLaser
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Brandon, I like to thank you for stepping up to the plate and showing me your customers do mean something to nitrous outlet! since we talked i do honestly feel better about the company with the exception of the salesman i was dealing with (sorry that wont change) i'm still undecided at this point i've learned from my mistakes not to do things when i'm upset i might regret later, so just going to wait a little bit to make a final decision

the system though is working and the quality of every thing is nice. fit and finish of the brackets i did get and hard lines is really good i dont have any complaints about your products i installed
Sucks to hear about your issues, and it is cool to hear you got the issue mostly resolved. That said, I hope you decide to keep the kit because they do make a good product.

If you are on a time crunch like that in the future, take a shot and throw it out to the forums. I have a nitrous outlet kit, and I would have overnighted you the 125 shot jets as long as you sent me replacements back when they arrived.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:14 PM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

I have decided to stay with it, Brandon stepped up and is willing working with me that shows me they value there customers. i like the they way every thing looks and fits too
Old 05-30-2016, 08:12 AM
Shirl
Safety Car

Received 1,577 Likes on 664 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
Don't want members to think it was us as I try to bend over backwards for our forum members. Sorry your having trouble with another company, anything I can do to help let me know.
Thanks
NX is THE BEST!! Sent me a giant banner and some promotional stuff when my V6 Camaro went 11.86 with their wet kit and they printed my thank you quote on their site. Always helpful when I called them up for tech advice also.

Get notified of new replies

To So upset with service thinking of ripping my nitrous system out

Quick Reply: So upset with service thinking of ripping my nitrous system out