C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have a kenne bell manual for a C5 corvette?

Old 06-16-2016, 08:28 PM
99bluebird
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Does anyone have a kenne bell manual for a C5 corvette?

Bought a kenne bell kit for my 99 C5, wondering if anyone has a manual for the installation they can email me? Please pm and I will send you my email address, kindof lost with the brackets and such for this kit.
Thanks!
Old 06-20-2016, 01:56 AM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Received 245 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19

Oh ****!!!! Another? Yes I have the whole thing but please reconsider your purchase.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:14 PM
99bluebird
Advanced

Anyone else with a copy of the manual?
Thanks
Old 08-25-2016, 06:24 PM
TTBlueZ06
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Where did you get your kit from?
I had one of those many years ago... Frustrated the hell out of me..
Old 08-27-2016, 12:37 AM
99bluebird
Advanced

Bought it from a forum member, 2.8 kit with 8 rib. Care to elaborate on your issues, anything I should look out for? Seems most of the troubles are with belt alignment or overheating?

And thank you z06psi for offering to send the manual by pdf, much appreciated.
I called kenne bell and they apparently don't have any digital copies, but have to have the manual "printed." That was 3 months ago and no success, they just say "were working on it." Needless to say I won't buy anything new from them.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:43 AM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,227 Likes on 774 Posts

the kits are terrible, iat issues, belt slip, etc. Kenne bell will send you instructions for $25 haha. Seriously had a customer bring us a used kit once no instructions. Hit up KB and they said sure we will mail you a copy for $25. I went wtf just email me the file, i'm sorry we can't do that was the response..... I told them but you're printing them off a computer, just attach the file to an email. No sir sorry. Screw KB.
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 08-29-2016, 06:40 PM
partymn
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99bluebird
Bought it from a forum member, 2.8 kit with 8 rib. Care to elaborate on your issues, anything I should look out for? Seems most of the troubles are with belt alignment or overheating?

And thank you z06psi for offering to send the manual by pdf, much appreciated.
I called kenne bell and they apparently don't have any digital copies, but have to have the manual "printed." That was 3 months ago and no success, they just say "were working on it." Needless to say I won't buy anything new from them.
i have one that I can scan and send you if need be. Let me know
Old 08-29-2016, 06:49 PM
TTBlueZ06
Pro

Where was this forum member located? I'm trying to find out if this is my old kit...
Old 08-31-2016, 09:12 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I know of two kenne bell cars in south florida....both never really worked....and have never heard from the cars ever again. Its been years.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:38 AM
partymn
Cruising

Originally Posted by Smoove
I know of two kenne bell cars in south florida....both never really worked....and have never heard from the cars ever again. Its been years.
A lot has changed since the KB hit the market. Although the kit is no longer offered for the Vette the tuning technology has come so far it's hard to say what can be done with it. I for one bought a Vette that already has a KB on it. Financially it's not worth changing it at this point. It work perfectly fine for running on the street.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:09 AM
TTBlueZ06
Pro

Mine was useless.. I had one of the very first kits they sent out back in 2005 ish. Even after reworking most of the kit, it didn't make squat for power and IAT's were 200+ degrees on average. The lower intake was prone to cracking around the intake ports as well. I had it on a built 364ci engine and after 3 years of trying to make it work I swapped to a YSI and went from 600whp to 1000whp with zero issues..

Advice to the OP, sell that kit and don't look back. Its going to drive you crazy.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:36 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by partymn
A lot has changed since the KB hit the market. Although the kit is no longer offered for the Vette the tuning technology has come so far it's hard to say what can be done with it. I for one bought a Vette that already has a KB on it. Financially it's not worth changing it at this point. It work perfectly fine for running on the street.
Yea? What has changed?

Originally Posted by TTBlueZ06
Mine was useless.. I had one of the very first kits they sent out back in 2005 ish. Even after reworking most of the kit, it didn't make squat for power and IAT's were 200+ degrees on average. The lower intake was prone to cracking around the intake ports as well. I had it on a built 364ci engine and after 3 years of trying to make it work I swapped to a YSI and went from 600whp to 1000whp with zero issues..

Advice to the OP, sell that kit and don't look back. Its going to drive you crazy.
Dude(s) down here had constant issues as well. Non stop. They also had some dinky baby filter on the setups for the rear cowl entry. Proved to be garbage. I'm a kenne bell fan,...but only on termi cobras lol.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:34 PM
partymn
Cruising

Yea? What has changed?

Dude(s) down here had constant issues as well. Non stop. They also had some dinky baby filter on the setups for the rear cowl entry. Proved to be garbage. I'm a kenne bell fan,...but only on termi cobras lol.
I haven't figured it out yet but I will. I would be interested to find out what others have tried so that I don't try to reinvent the wheel. I will set up a build thread so that everyone can bash the idea away from the OP's help thread.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:37 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Now you're confusing me. You have it working....

I haven't figured it out yet but I will. I would be interested to find out what others have tried so that I don't try to reinvent the wheel. I will set up a build thread so that everyone can bash the idea away from the OP's help thread.

..or you're still trying to figure it out?

Personally I wouldn't call what guys are giving warnings about on a bunk setup, as bashing. It's called experience(they have tried and failed based on design). People can get upset and take it personally, or they can understand where the people are coming from and take it as a "hey....I wouldn't go down that street". The KB's have had problems, simple as that. I'm sure my words come off as harsh but, they're only words. Hope you guys figure it out tho, it'll be nice to see another FI option for these things.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:36 PM
Breze84
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If you find 1 I would love to take a look at it... Just purchased a 2.8 KB setup that was on a 09 C6 416 LS3 that I am using on my Forged LS7/LS3 topend C5Z... The kit looks very basic and simple but I would like to look at it as well...
Old 09-24-2016, 10:49 PM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

I was the only one who took the entire manual, scanned it in, and created the .pdf for it.

If you want it PM me.
Old 09-24-2016, 11:31 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06PSI
I was the only one who took the entire manual, scanned it in, and created the .pdf for it.

If you want it PM me.
To the OP here this guy here did a lot of work with and on his car with the KB on it. Great guy to help you on your set up here. Robert
Old 09-24-2016, 11:53 PM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 99bluebird
Anyone else with a copy of the manual?
Thanks
But I got this.

Originally Posted by robert miller
To the OP here this guy here did a lot of work with and on his car with the KB on it. Great guy to help you on your set up here. Robert

There are lessons to be learned and some just do not want to listen to wisdom from those that traveled this road already.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:28 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06PSI
But I got this.

There are lessons to be learned and some just do not want to listen to wisdom from those that traveled this road already.
12,k lesson here from a azz hole lying vendor. Came in here told a lot of guys what this set up would do & knew after doing one him self it wouldn't do it.

Just in it for the money from whom ever he could get to buy his story. On other cars other than the vette it works good on them.

To the OP here why do you thing KENNE BELL them self stop selling and making it for the c5 for.. Robert

Get notified of new replies

To Does anyone have a kenne bell manual for a C5 corvette?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does anyone have a kenne bell manual for a C5 corvette?