C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on Kenny bell 2.6L

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 05:24 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo-Geist
They are using the 3.6L blower in that article. They also claim that 75# injectors will support 1000HP.
that is funny as hell. But then again the 75 inj will support 1,k hp the way that vendor would tell someone. No way in hell will a KB put down true 1,k rwhp in these cars.Robert
Old 06-24-2016, 05:38 PM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Received 245 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by robert miller
that is funny as hell. But then again the 75 inj will support 1,k hp the way that vendor would tell someone. No way in hell will a KB put down true 1,k rwhp in these cars.Robert
Corvette no. Camaro yes. There are more than a few examples out there.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:41 PM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Turbo-Geist
They are using the 3.6L blower in that article. They also claim that 75# injectors will support 1000HP.
In the article below that one they stated they used 200lb injectors. Who knows but agree with you the 1000 h.p requires a lot more than 72lb.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:56 PM
lt1z
Melting Slicks

Received 170 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06PSI
Corvette no. Camaro yes. There are more than a few examples out there.
With 200+* IATs on a dyno. Real world performance is ****
Old 06-24-2016, 11:09 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by lt1z
well put.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:10 PM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Originally Posted by lt1z
No mention of that in the article of the CAMARO.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:15 AM
Andyc5vette
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not too bad 6psi made 562/539 on mustang dyno iat were 150s after 7 pulls ordering smaller pulley here in the next few days
Old 06-27-2016, 09:04 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Post the graph please.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:55 AM
LedfootLarry
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Andyc5vette
Not too bad 6psi made 562/539 on mustang dyno iat were 150s after 7 pulls ordering smaller pulley here in the next few days
Pulley down and create more heat !
What temp does your tuner pull timing?
And meth does very little to cool pd blowers
Old 06-27-2016, 12:33 PM
Andyc5vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise
Post the graph please.
Will post graph when I get home
The following users liked this post:
Turpid porpoise (06-27-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 12:45 PM
Sportsman2003
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 41 Posts

Nice Andy! How do you like the real world power and drivability?
I really enjoy my KB. it's also fun to hear all the belt driven turbo guys talk $**t. I am excited to hear how it goes with the next pulley!
Try not to listen to all the negativity in this thread. Some people apparently can't let things go. It's funny to see people digging up articles from 2011 just to stir things up.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:57 PM
Andyc5vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sportsman2003
I really enjoy my KB. it's also fun to hear all the belt driven turbo guys talk $**t. I am excited to hear how it goes with the next pulley!
Try not to listen to all the negativity in this thread. Some people apparently can't let things go. It's funny to see people digging up articles from 2011 just to stir things up.
I love it I've had single turbo supras boosted ls ctsv and this hits pretty darn hard so so far I love it and I'll see what it does on a smaller pulley , and as for the negative opinions I welcome them all its fun to read
Old 06-27-2016, 01:24 PM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Andyc5vette
We shall see. You might be close to the plateau with these blowers.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:58 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

I was just trying to help the guy on what a problem this set up has been on these vettes. Plus what he may have to look at doing to get it to work better from all the crap I ran into.

Just didn't want him to go to a shop and that shop tell him you need this & this & this but really just need to redo something are only get one thing to make it work.

The guy that use to sell these in here did me that way and that is why.

Plus on the other guy that pulled the post from 2011 is one good guy that is willing to help one in here with and kind of problem.

So I really don't know where you are coming from here on your statement about this.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:10 PM
Sportsman2003
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 41 Posts

Robert, I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers with my statement. I was just trying to encurage Andy to keep going and having fun with the KB. I don't know if you remember me but....when I first bought my Vette I was super excited about it. I joined the forum and posted up about my car and it having a KB on it. Shortly after my post a buch of guys started bashing the KB system and really bummed me out. I thought at that point I had made a huge mistake buying the car. But in the end it worked out great for me.
I really do like the KB. I live in a mild climate though. Maybe you guys that live where it is hot it may not be the best setup. I also am totally fine with 550hp. I know a lot of guys want way more. You were actually super nice to me the night everyone started bashing my setup. If you remember you called my and gave me adivce about what to do and not to do with the KB.
I appreciate your input.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-question.html

Last edited by Sportsman2003; 06-27-2016 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Adding
Old 06-27-2016, 05:38 PM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Robert, I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers with my statement. I was just trying to encurage Andy to keep going and having fun with the KB. I don't know if you remember me but....when I first bought my Vette I was super excited about it. I joined the forum and posted up about my car and it having a KB on it. Shortly after my post a buch of guys started bashing the KB system and really bummed me out. I thought at that point I had made a huge mistake buying the car. But in the end it worked out great for me.
I really do like the KB. I live in a mild climate though. Maybe you guys that live where it is hot it may not be the best setup. I also am totally fine with 550hp. I know a lot of guys want way more. You were actually super nice to me the night everyone started bashing my setup. If you remember you called my and gave me adivce about what to do and not to do with the KB.
I appreciate your input.

I think the biggest bitching about the KB is not the stock kit. It is pushing it further. KB and Mr. Goss both stated that this blower (2.8L) would do 800 rwhp all day. A couple of us tried so much and wasted a lot of money doing it. That is where the heartburn comes in. Also the fact that KB bailed completely out and getting parts was next to impossible.

I wouldn't trust KB as far as I can throw them because that is just ****** customer service for your own product.

Last edited by Z06PSI; 06-27-2016 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:02 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

I appreciate your input.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-question.html
Buddy I remember just a bad taste after putting over 14,k into something that the dam one guy said would work and it never did.

I would never sell are tell someone something just to get money out of them for a dam part. I would help the OP here any way I could on info to get his stuff to the point he is looking to go with it.. Robert

Get notified of new replies

To Opinions on Kenny bell 2.6L

Old 06-28-2016, 10:34 AM
LedfootLarry
Burning Brakes

I have a magnuson 2300 , and is pushed to 13lbs @ 705 rw.
I tried meth, and I gained to 750 , but my goal was to use it for cooling, did not achieve any cooling, and ended up with a meth dependent tune, so I removed it. I have spent a great deal of cash on this thing, larger heat exchanger with fans, same jabsco pump you are using, larger coolant tank,
have done virtually everything possible other than nitrous !
You can not keep IAT's down on pd blowers, mine climb to 174 degrees in the 1/2 mile. But I am ok with that, as it is mainly a street car, and very fun too drive. If you keep the boost as low as possible, you will run cooler IAT's !!
I was told the same as the OP's are explaining to you, and although I like my setup, if you want max performance, the centri is the way to go .
But you seem to like it , that's great, enjoy, they are lots of fun, people here just trying to help save you money!!

Last edited by LedfootLarry; 06-28-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:41 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by LedfootLarry
I have a magnuson 2300 , and is pushed to 13lbs @ 705 rw.
I tried meth, and I gained to 750 , but my goal was to use it for cooling, did not achieve any cooling, and ended up with a meth dependent tune, so I removed it. I have spent a great deal of cash on this thing, larger heat exchanger with fans, same jabsco pump you are using, larger coolant tank,
have done virtually everything possible other than nitrous !
You can not keep IAT's down on pd blowers, mine climb to 174 degrees in the 1/2 mile. But I am ok with that, as it is mainly a street car, and very fun too drive. If you keep the boost as low as possible, you will run cooler IAT's !!
I was told the same as the OP's are explaining to you, and although I like my setup, if you want max performance, the centri is the way to go .
But you seem to like it , that's great, enjoy, they are lots of fun, people here just trying to help save you money!!
I really don't have any info on the mag but will tell with the bigger exchangers on it, it is cooler than the K.B. set up on the IAT. Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 06-28-2016 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:19 PM
LedfootLarry
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=robert miller;1592520649] I really don't have any info on the mag but will tell with the bigger exchangers on it, it is cooler than the K.B. set up on the IAT. Robert[/QUOTE

Robert, I removed the bumper foam , and cut some of the rebar out, and the Ford afco dual pass exchanger sits there , behind a tiger shark front end.
I have pics of this in my album of this if you would like to see

Last edited by LedfootLarry; 06-28-2016 at 05:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Opinions on Kenny bell 2.6L