C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Twin turbo/ supercharger/ cam-nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 06:26 PM
McMuscle91
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Twin turbo/ supercharger/ cam-nitrous

Ok my 03 c5 z06 runs 12.7 in the 1/4 mile. I am wanting to go upp twin turbo and monster lt1-s twin disk clutch. I'm looking to get low 10s.
I'm sure UPP Will get me there but I haven't seen anyone with it results. What about ECS with Paxton 2200? Any results?
Or just a cam and 125shot of nitrous? I would like some good comparisons before I purchase the Upp kit.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:04 PM
Nitrous Express & Snow Performance
Supporting Vendor

Nitrous Express & Snow Performance's Avatar

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

If you decide to go the nitrous route let me know ill be glad to help.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:59 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

Stock you can get that ET down. You can get low 10s with the Novi 1500, no need for the 2200 unless you want the head room. Are you installing yourself? OK with cutting stuff? The more info, the better.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:45 PM
McMuscle91
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah. I build and made up my own turbo kit ons TRANS am I had. So cutting and small fabrication products aren't bad. Is the upp kit that bad ? Isn't it bolt up? Just cuts in the fenders?
Old 06-27-2016, 06:17 AM
StatmanRN
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Nitrous and the cam will get you there [if you can hook it] for the least money and effort. Of course, the nitrous is an occasional use thing, and the bottles tend to run out at inoppertune moments.
The SC or turbo would be more fun on a daiily basis. Me? I prefer turbos. Thing is, it will be more complex and cost more than you think up front.
Also, decide what your future goals are and build it once.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:45 AM
killacarter3
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am at a similar crossroads but my 04z already has a built ls2 with an aps twin kit. It has been fun but the labor/work to get the pump out and fuel system ready for 700+ has me considering selling it and going nitrous. It's always something StatmanRN said it right, it is definitely a lot under the hood..

Last edited by killacarter3; 06-27-2016 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:38 PM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Nitrous will give you the jetted horsepower and lots of tq at the flip of a switch so obviously hooking the power will be critical in you reaching your goal. Nitrous is by far the most cost effective route. We offer a vehicle specific plate system for your vehicle for a nice and clean install. We also have a bottle bracket mounting plate that you can expoxy to the deck in the back so you dont have to drill any holes, switch panel and everything you may need for a safe, really neat and clean install. If you would like a line item estimate feel free to call me at 254-848-4300 ext 111 or email me at Matt@NitrousOutlet.com
Old 07-04-2016, 08:17 AM
StatmanRN
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by NitrousOutlet
Nitrous will give you the jetted horsepower and lots of tq at the flip of a switch [/email]
At the risk of thread drift, there is something Ive never understood. Since HP is a funtion of RPM, how is it that a given kit makes a certian amount of HP? I can see how X amount of fuel and N2O would produce a predictable torque output increase, but it would seem the HP would vary by RPM
Old 07-07-2016, 10:52 AM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by StatmanRN
At the risk of thread drift, there is something Ive never understood. Since HP is a funtion of RPM, how is it that a given kit makes a certian amount of HP? I can see how X amount of fuel and N2O would produce a predictable torque output increase, but it would seem the HP would vary by RPM
The reason that Nitrous makes predictable HP across any RPM range is because it flows at a constant rate. If a nitrous system flows 300HP worth of nitrous and fuel and 3,000RPM, it's flowing the same amount at 6,000RPM. Torque does vary depending on the combination, so that's why we measure it by HP. -Andy

Last edited by NitrousOutlet; 07-07-2016 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:57 AM
NosLaser
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by NitrousOutlet
Nitrous will give you the jetted horsepower and lots of tq at the flip of a switch so obviously hooking the power will be critical in you reaching your goal. Nitrous is by far the most cost effective route. We offer a vehicle specific plate system for your vehicle for a nice and clean install. We also have a bottle bracket mounting plate that you can expoxy to the deck in the back so you dont have to drill any holes, switch panel and everything you may need for a safe, really neat and clean install. If you would like a line item estimate feel free to call me at 254-848-4300 ext 111 or email me at Matt@NitrousOutlet.com
My bolt on (cai, LT, x pipe) '01 C5Z with a Nitrous Outlet plate jetted for 100 shot made 106/154 at the wheels over the motor pull.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:04 AM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

when it comes to horsepower think of it this way. if the system isn't being progressed, then it is injecting the same amount of nitrous from 3k to wherever it shuts off or shifts. Now, granted VE is different from 3k all the way up. If we hit a 100 shot on a motor it will likely pick up 100 hp right off the bat. If you overlay two dyno graphs one being NA the other nitrous, you will start to see the full hp gain well before peak HP of the motor -Matt
Old 07-10-2016, 03:19 PM
FourG63 97GST
Melting Slicks

Received 350 Likes on 191 Posts

comes down to time and effort for me and how much you race.
had about $1300 into my nitrous/nano setup. it was "perfect" to my specs.
I'll go through 3-5 bottles/month. so average around $1500ish/year in nitrous. plus my time dropping off and picking bottles.
whatever that's worth to you. but long story short. it didn't mathematically make sense for me to rely on nitrous. sold my nitrous and N/A things and fabbed a turbo setup. i'll break even in less than 2yrs.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:40 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Hey guys sorry I didn't get notified about this thread. One of our customers Shoaf on here installed our base TT system onto his stock bottom end C6 and was running 9's.

Also there's a few guys out there over the 1000whp mark using our 6182R turbo setups.

Our system can easily get you into the low 10's, and even lower with the proper accompanying mods. Just shoot me over a PM if you have any questions on it.

Josh

Get notified of new replies

To Twin turbo/ supercharger/ cam-nitrous

Quick Reply: Twin turbo/ supercharger/ cam-nitrous