C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about Vortech SQ CARB Legal Supercharger kit.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 08:00 PM
PhiLS1
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Questions about Vortech SQ CARB Legal Supercharger kit.

Is anyone still running this kit? I just purchased my C5Z with this kit on it. There's about 10k miles on it. I talked to A&A about upgrading the kit but there arent any options other then returning it to stock then upgrading to another kit or just leaving it as is if its running ok. The Vortech kit just isn't that great. I was thinking I came up when I purchased the car.

So as it stands right now the car made 565 hp and 493 tq the last time it was tuned at A&A in 2008 at 26k miles. Right now the car is at 31k miles. 5k miles in the last 8 years. It seems to be doing ok other then a few issues I found while under the car last weekend.

1. The coolant pump isn't running.
It has been replaced before. I'll test it before I deem it faulty.

2. There was a leak at the oil return line clamp to the oil pan.
Not a big deal. I'll replace the clamp with a better one.

3. Possibly the fuel psi is low going by the gauge. A&A said the gauges go bad so I'll test with a mechanical one.

4. I need a new belt.

I'd like to make the kit as reliable as possible since I'm not looking to replace the kit at this point of time.

What brand and where are you guys getting your replacement aftercooler pumps?

I read about a company named DTE making a belt drive kit but it seems to be they feel off the map. Is anyone else making a drive belt kit for the Vortech kit?
Link to their old thread

I appreciate all the help! Pics to be added.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:04 PM
PhiLS1
Advanced

Few pics.
Attached Images    
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (10-29-2023)
Old 07-16-2016, 06:43 PM
PhiLS1
Advanced

Last weekend I checked the pump. Its working but the flow looks slow. It could be working correctly but I wouldn't know. I've never seen the flow of one that works correctly. It sounds fine so I'm going to leave it for now.

I changed out the clamp for a better one so now the oil leak is at bay.

Next is changing out the cog belt. Has anyone changed one out before? I've read that they charger needs to be taken off. Is that correct?
Old 06-09-2022, 10:53 PM
ChipBell
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny but I have the same kit and basically the same car. Did you ever change that belt??? I'm trying to do so right now but am not having fun.
Attached Images  
Old 08-15-2022, 01:38 PM
vinco
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 154 Posts

I have this same kit as yet uninstalled on my 04. I did get a pdf copy of the installation manual, and it states that you have to install the cog belt before you install the mounting bracket for the head unit. So you have to take the mounting bracket off the head to change the belt.
Old 10-28-2023, 09:36 AM
bman1960
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know this is an older thread but............ i have this same vortech sc as the pic phil posted above. looking for info on replacing the serpentine belt. i'm pretty sure sc needs to be removed but unsure of procedure, which bolts need to be removed and which Don't need to be removed.

i have some mechanical ability but vortech nor aa were able to help.

thanks,

brian

Get notified of new replies

To Questions about Vortech SQ CARB Legal Supercharger kit.

Quick Reply: Questions about Vortech SQ CARB Legal Supercharger kit.