C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 01:24 PM
ontime
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 85 Posts
Default supercharger

I am considering installing edelbrock 1590 or 1591 supercharger on my 2013 GS I just turned 12k miles. Thoughts pro or con are welcomed. It looks like the least amount of modifications and conservative results which is ok by me. the fuel pump looks like a big install issue maybe have this done at dealer? thanks in advance
Old 07-17-2016, 02:10 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ontime
I am considering installing edelbrock 1590 or 1591 supercharger on my 2013 GS I just turned 12k miles. Thoughts pro or con are welcomed. It looks like the least amount of modifications and conservative results which is ok by me. the fuel pump looks like a big install issue maybe have this done at dealer? thanks in advance
Wrong forum, you will have better luck in the C6 FI section
The following users liked this post:
ontime (07-17-2016)
Old 07-17-2016, 02:22 PM
ontime
Racer

Originally Posted by nullpointer
Wrong forum, you will have better luck in the C6 FI section
thanks I clicked the wrong forum must get my glasses on
Old 07-17-2016, 02:49 PM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,932 Posts

A small mistake. We can forgive it.

MUCH better than the guy at the Club Corvette of Connecticut show bragging about his Callaway supercharger car. (Go look up the pricing!) He didn't believe me when I said the kit is a re-badged Edelbrock blower package. No no, it is entirely their own system. Uh huh. Yeah. But hey, if he wants to spend more for a name badge than I did for my entire car? Power to him if he can spend the money and not want it for other purchases.

Don't get me wrong, Callaway has some amazing in-house cars they have produced. I just feel $18k for bolt-on performance is rather demanding.

Last edited by Tusc; 07-17-2016 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:31 PM
ontime
Racer

Originally Posted by Tusc
A small mistake. We can forgive it.

MUCH better than the guy at the Club Corvette of Connecticut show bragging about his Callaway supercharger car. (Go look up the pricing!) He didn't believe me when I said the kit is a re-badged Edelbrock blower package. No no, it is entirely their own system. Uh huh. Yeah. But hey, if he wants to spend more for a name badge than I did for my entire car? Power to him if he can spend the money and not want it for other purchases.

Don't get me wrong, Callaway has some amazing in-house cars they have produced. I just feel $18k for bolt-on performance is rather demanding.
I cant let this go. I owned a c5 for a few years and after doing everything possible to it myself sold it. Everyone I have met on this forum has been very nice and helpful. A car is all it is but the friends you make along the way are why I stay in the hobby.Thanks for at least answering me. Enjoy your car drive it with enthusiasm and make good friends.

Get notified of new replies

To supercharger

Quick Reply: supercharger