C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intercooled Magnacharger on a stock 02 Z- What should I do next?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 11:44 PM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 278 Posts
Default Intercooled Magnacharger on a stock 02 Z- What should I do next?

I purchased an 02 Z a few months ago with an intercooled magnacharger, and pretty much everything else on the car is bone stock.

Im planning to take the car in for a proper tune , but before I do that id like to gather a few things that would help bring some of the power out.

Im going to be using a blackwing intake in replace of the stock one

Is it worthwhile to install an x pipe or maybe a set of headers? If so which size headers would be best suited for a Maggie?

I don't want to get into opening the engine up at all, I just want to help the car breathe a little better, and I may consider doing a pulley change as well, nothing too drastic but something for a little more boost.

Any info appreciated , thanks
Old 07-18-2016, 08:55 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Well, as you know, an engine is an air-pump. How efficiently you can get air in and out is key. The PO installed the front half, but seemed to forget about the second half.

I'd certainly install headers before you tune it, as it's highly likely you'll install them at some point and you don't want to have to tune it twice.

Hinson Motorsports makes some really nice, affordable, headers and x-pipe systems.

Have fun with your new ride.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:27 PM
LedfootLarry
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

You can come by my place instead of meeting to pick up the blackwing Thursday night, and you can check out mine, I'm sure you will like what you see. And I know a fair amount about these setups, through trial and error ( at my own expense ).
Old 07-19-2016, 11:16 PM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Capthuff
Well, as you know, an engine is an air-pump. How efficiently you can get air in and out is key. The PO installed the front half, but seemed to forget about the second half.

I'd certainly install headers before you tune it, as it's highly likely you'll install them at some point and you don't want to have to tune it twice.

Hinson Motorsports makes some really nice, affordable, headers and x-pipe systems.

Have fun with your new ride.
Thanks , and yea that's what I figured, the job is sort of half done at this point.

Most people go with headers, intake etc.. first, then supercharge it

Does it matter which size I go with ? I guess the more air flow the better?

I would like to od everything at once because tuning is expensive and I don't want to have to keep re-doing it.

Originally Posted by LedfootLarry
You can come by my place instead of meeting to pick up the blackwing Thursday night, and you can check out mine, I'm sure you will like what you see. And I know a fair amount about these setups, through trial and error ( at my own expense ).
Larry that sounds good man, ill be taking you up on that
Old 07-20-2016, 10:34 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Well, with headers, bigger is not always better. There are many things to consider when determining header size for a max effort deal. With your project, just the basic headers like from Hinson will work very well and compliment the supercharger.

Get notified of new replies

To Intercooled Magnacharger on a stock 02 Z- What should I do next?

Quick Reply: Intercooled Magnacharger on a stock 02 Z- What should I do next?