C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BEATNU is Getting Twins From Huron Speed

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 02:28 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

does anything need to be changed on the HOSE of the AC system when using the CTS-V compressor?

Or just bolt on?
Old 08-20-2016, 07:44 AM
TTBlueZ06
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoove
does anything need to be changed on the HOSE of the AC system when using the CTS-V compressor?

Or just bolt on?
Yeah, you need to make new hoses. Parts are supplied, but you need to lay them out and crimp the fittings.

The following users liked this post:
Smoove (12-12-2016)
Old 08-20-2016, 08:27 AM
McMuscle91
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Are the lengths correct? I didn't crimp mine because I wasn't sure if the lengths were exact.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:32 AM
TTBlueZ06
Pro

Nope, they need to be shortened.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:19 AM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

Shorter supplied hose we found good at 18" and the longer one at 28". We will be supplying these finished for future kits, just confirming on a few additional cars first what customers like best!
The following users liked this post:
TTBlueZ06 (08-21-2016)
Old 08-21-2016, 08:54 AM
TTBlueZ06
Pro

Originally Posted by Superman09
Shorter supplied hose we found good at 18" and the longer one at 28". We will be supplying these finished for future kits, just confirming on a few additional cars first what customers like best!
Old 12-11-2016, 05:14 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

So yea, a lot has happened in life which put this project on hold. I was in the reassembly phase when I realized I forgot to have my dual 450 fuel pump hanger made. Then the next week the Army decided to medically retire me and I ended up having to move from NC to WI half way thru the build. Then I spent a month going back and forth between WI and NC to make all the trips to move and to actually get out of the Army. It has been a rough few months and my family and I are currently living with my Mom until I can unfuck my credit - went over 2 months without a paycheck - and purchase a house.

Now, I have had some progress in the mean time. I have had a lot of odds-n-ends show up - vacuum lines, vacuum blocks, heat shielding, and a few more items. In the next few weeks my entire hotside - Turbo housings, manifolds, down pipe, and waste gate pipe - will be sent to Swain Tech to get their White Lightning thermal coating put on it. I took a job at a local speed shop and our fabricator is going to make my fuel pump hanger. While the short block is assembled, I am ordering new rod bolts on Monday as 2 felt a little soft when they were tightened and stretched.

I will be putting a Turbosmart eboost2 boost controller on it as well. Once I get the engine assembled, the manifolds back from Swain Tech, and get everything wired up I will drag the car to work and do the install there since it is heated haha.

Also thinking about putting the new Edelbrock Crossram intake on it and running it thru a single throttle body.

My apologies to Jon at Huron Speed for disappearing, life was shitty for a while but now things are looking better.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:12 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Glad things are starting to look up man.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:49 PM
red03vette
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 98 Posts

i hope things are going good for you and you get your setup finished, looking forward to the results. all the best to you sir.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:19 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Rotating assembly is at the machine shop after buying upgraded wrist pins....I thought I had them - I paid for them when I bought the rotating assembly - but realized I didn't when I ordered up a set for a customer's car. Oh was I pissed - I had to tear it back down to nothing....ugh....Fortunately with my new job (even though I am "retired") I can get all the rest of the stuffs I need at dealer cost.

Shooting to have it on the rollers in early May to get a baseline tune because I will need to break in the new clutch and new gears. Shooting for June to push it to see what it will do.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:28 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Picked up a DeWitts radiator and an eboost2 - both used. the Radiator was in great shape, however the eboost2 will be going back....something is loose inside of it and it rattles....not gonna allow that. I found an iron 6.0 block that I am picking up for $350 next weekend so that will go to the machine shop and get honed out to 4.005 to fit my pistons. Also will need to have the mains align honed for the ARP studs.

Rotating assembly is back from the machine shop, will get it cleaned up and set the rods and rings on the pistons sometime this week. Also cut out the license plate dealy to bring more air onto the intercooler. Pulled the front sway bar off and this weekend I will be removing the power steering cooler.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:47 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

The eboost2 was broken when it arrived so it went back. Have also picked up a LQ4 block and it is at the machine shop right now. Soon as it gets back I can start getting this beast back together.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:34 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Alrighty....will be picking up the new (to me) LQ4 from the machine shop Monday or Tuesday. From there the shortblock will be going together with new ARP2000 head studs, new ARP2000 rod bolts, new Calico coated Clevite bearings, and new Wiseco bearings. Valve spring shims should be here Tuesday so the heads will be together Tuesday night or Wednesday. Gaskets / seals, oil cooler / turbo feed block, oil cooler on order. Only things left to get are the boost controller, intake manifold, and secondary fuel pump, misc fuel / oil cooler lines and fittings.

My hotside is back from Swaintech Coatings, but they packed it like **** and some of the parts are damaged. Swaintech told me to eat a dick and it isn't their problem.

Shooting to have the engine together by the end of the month, and the engine ready to crank by mid Aug....
Old 07-23-2017, 09:35 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

ANyone know where all my pictures went?
Old 07-23-2017, 11:17 PM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by HardcoreABN
ANyone know where all my pictures went?
Photobucket sucks now. Just use imgur or something
Old 07-24-2017, 07:44 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Milan
Photobucket sucks now. Just use imgur or something
You have to pay stupid amounts of money to host through photobucket now. I converted everything to google photos and its all good again.

Quick Reply: BEATNU is Getting Twins From Huron Speed