C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running E-85?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 08:45 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Babymogul
Wow, thank you for all that. I truly appreciate it. I have a lot to think about in which route I will go, but more than likely I will go external because I have a 2000. I know the fuel tanks in the 97-02 don't support in-tank pumps.

What would be the pros/cons with going with an already built kit, like from UPP which claims it has everything I'll need for 799 vs A&A who has a their kit for $1500.

Thanks again man!
No problem.

Basically you need to come up with your desired power. Then add a couple hundred horsepower of cushion to the fuel system. You can easily do this budget minded, unfortunately it takes some skill(already a wrencher), diligence, time, and willing to jump in and learn how to build.
Pretty much a big external, on a hobbs, routed to only come on when needed is pretty easy, and basic. Just T everything to your stock rails.

I am unfamiliar with the two kits you mentioned for fuel systems. Guessing they're for a 700-800hp range on gas(guessing). Both NAMES are well known on here so I would imagine you couldn't go wrong GIVEN they has the stats needed to support your goals. NOTHING wrong with buying a "kit". It does make life easier, usually.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:50 AM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Kits are great to buy most of the time, especially if you don't have the skill set or knowledge base to build your own.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:36 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by silver408z
My car is almost finished. It is being tuned now. It is on e-85 and meth.

My setup is being done by blownbluez06 from here. He has a setup that does twin walbro 450's in tank on the early tanks. It also keeps a pump in the factory location. So my setup is a racetronix upgraded pump, hotwire for the pump, twin walbro 450's with hotwires for each pump as well. You might get blownbluez06 (brett) about his kit since he has it all figured out already.
You're in good hands. If your car is at his place I'm sure I'll get to see it this weekend as I'm going up there to deliver an engine I built for one of his customers.

Oh wait. If this is who I think it is, I may have had a hand in your power plant too! :-)

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 07-26-2016 at 11:37 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:06 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I don't know the differences between the a&a kit vs the UPP kit but there is no way in the car parts world that you are comparing apples to apples in those kits. The UPP kit may very be sufficient for your goals but they are not going to be apples to apples.

The car parts world is very competitive and there is pretty much no way they can put out the same level of system for half the cost. Its just not possible.
Let me jump in here and clarify a bit. Their $1100 system is comparable to our system. That's the single pump system. We both use SS teflon line, an external regulator, return, Hobb's switch, and a relay....the same. The main difference is the Bosch pump they use vs the AEM pump we use. We used to use the Bosch, but the AEM flows more, so we swapped.

Comparing to their $1500 system, that uses twin pumps, not a single.

So you should really be comparing $700 to $1100, not $700 to $1500.

But I really think on ALL of their systems they're vastly under-rated. When you use one of these style systems, you're adding a pump to the existing pump. The existing pump doesn't simply go away. So you have the flow from the stock pump PLUS the flow from the additional pump.

The entire fuel system on my rat rod is comprised of one of our fuel systems (less the Hobbs switch so it runs all the time). Running a single AEM pump, on E85 I was just able to get 600whp (uncorrected). So add that to what the stock fuel system is capable of (my rat rod doesn't have the factory system). Even with a single add on pump you should be able to flow well over 1000 on pump gas, and at least 900+ on E85. And that's with either of our systems.

The reality is both of us are well known vendors, both of us have many people on here running our fuel systems. You can't go wrong with either.

CK
Old 07-27-2016, 04:02 PM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS
Let me jump in here and clarify a bit. Their $1100 system is comparable to our system. That's the single pump system. We both use SS teflon line, an external regulator, return, Hobb's switch, and a relay....the same. The main difference is the Bosch pump they use vs the AEM pump we use. We used to use the Bosch, but the AEM flows more, so we swapped.

Comparing to their $1500 system, that uses twin pumps, not a single.

So you should really be comparing $700 to $1100, not $700 to $1500.

But I really think on ALL of their systems they're vastly under-rated. When you use one of these style systems, you're adding a pump to the existing pump. The existing pump doesn't simply go away. So you have the flow from the stock pump PLUS the flow from the additional pump.

The entire fuel system on my rat rod is comprised of one of our fuel systems (less the Hobbs switch so it runs all the time). Running a single AEM pump, on E85 I was just able to get 600whp (uncorrected). So add that to what the stock fuel system is capable of (my rat rod doesn't have the factory system). Even with a single add on pump you should be able to flow well over 1000 on pump gas, and at least 900+ on E85. And that's with either of our systems.

The reality is both of us are well known vendors, both of us have many people on here running our fuel systems. You can't go wrong with either.

CK
My post was not meant to be a slam on your or your products. I have never heard anything bad about your company or products. I was just making sure the OP realized it was not apples to apple and you clarified that
Old 07-27-2016, 04:08 PM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
You're in good hands. If your car is at his place I'm sure I'll get to see it this weekend as I'm going up there to deliver an engine I built for one of his customers.

Oh wait. If this is who I think it is, I may have had a hand in your power plant too! :-)
Yes I have been very happy so far with everything done. Brett has helped me a ton and fixing little things that needed to be done as well as the blower install. This is the first time he is working on my car and unless you know something I don't, it is not getting a new engine...
Old 07-27-2016, 05:27 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

My post was not meant to be a slam on your or your products. I have never heard anything bad about your company or products. I was just making sure the OP realized it was not apples to apple and you clarified that

Absolutely, that's why I wanted to help clarify.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:56 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS

CK

hey CK, have you ever heard of someone maxing out one of these external pump setups? I'm kind of surprised people step up to the expensive and finicky FORE, etc internal setups when I have personally never seen someone max out a big external with a hobbs setup.

just curious if its ever been done. I have an ECS stage2 external setup and with dual nozzle meth and stock in tank c6z06 pump and BAP it very very easily supports 900whp all the way through 5th gear with fuel pressure rock steady and actually car running richer at the end of 1/2 mile pulls for some reason haven't figure out yet.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:16 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by neverstop
hey CK, have you ever heard of someone maxing out one of these external pump setups? I'm kind of surprised people step up to the expensive and finicky FORE, etc internal setups when I have personally never seen someone max out a big external with a hobbs setup.

just curious if its ever been done. I have an ECS stage2 external setup and with dual nozzle meth and stock in tank c6z06 pump and BAP it very very easily supports 900whp all the way through 5th gear with fuel pressure rock steady and actually car running richer at the end of 1/2 mile pulls for some reason haven't figure out yet.
I'm sure some of the heavy hitters would max them out, but generally they pre-plan and way overkill the system to begin with. So no, I've never seen anyone max one out. Majority of owners from my experience are looking 600-800 whp, and any of these fuel systems can way out flow that.
CK

Quick Reply: Anyone running E-85?