C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running E-85?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 07:29 PM
Babymogul
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone running E-85?

Hey all,

My tuner suggested running e-85 with my a&a setup instead of running a meth kit.

Is anyone running e-85 and if you are what fuel system are you using?

I looked on fore innovations and didn't see anything for c5's.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:31 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I am switching to e85 when I move to WI this fall.

I am going to be using twin walbro 450s in tank with a return style fuel system.

What year is your C5? I am currently making a twin in-tank module for 97 - 03E tanks. Currently there isn't **** available for the early C5 tanks.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:31 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I am going to be using twin walbro 450s in tank with a return style fuel system.

What year is your C5? I am currently making a twin in-tank module for 97 - 03E tanks. Currently there isn't **** available for the early C5 tanks.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:39 PM
Babymogul
Instructor

Originally Posted by HardcoreABN

Mine is a 2000. I see one on A&A website and one from UPP too but I am not sure that one is e-85 compatible.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:00 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

DW makes E85 compatible stuff. Check out their product line. But, really, all the major manufacturers are compatible as well.

There are quite a few on here using E85 with their boosted setups (and NA setups too). As long as you build your fuel system to support it, you'll have no problems.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:26 PM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Babymogul
Hey all,

My tuner suggested running e-85 with my a&a setup instead of running a meth kit.

Is anyone running e-85 and if you are what fuel system are you using?

I looked on fore innovations and didn't see anything for c5's.
My car is almost finished. It is being tuned now. It is on e-85 and meth.

Originally Posted by HardcoreABN

My setup is being done by blownbluez06 from here. He has a setup that does twin walbro 450's in tank on the early tanks. It also keeps a pump in the factory location. So my setup is a racetronix upgraded pump, hotwire for the pump, twin walbro 450's with hotwires for each pump as well. You might get blownbluez06 (brett) about his kit since he has it all figured out already.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:00 PM
blackmachdown
Melting Slicks

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

Mine is a 2000. I see one on A&A website and one from UPP too but I am not sure that one is e-85 compatible.
I've been running the UPP fuel kit with e85 on my vette since 2011
Old 07-21-2016, 11:05 PM
Babymogul
Instructor

Originally Posted by blackmachdown
I've been running the UPP fuel kit with e85 on my vette since 2011
Which UPP kit is it? The stage 1 or 2?
Old 07-21-2016, 11:05 PM
Babymogul
Instructor

Originally Posted by silver408z
My car is almost finished. It is being tuned now. It is on e-85 and meth.

My setup is being done by blownbluez06 from here. He has a setup that does twin walbro 450's in tank on the early tanks. It also keeps a pump in the factory location. So my setup is a racetronix upgraded pump, hotwire for the pump, twin walbro 450's with hotwires for each pump as well. You might get blownbluez06 (brett) about his kit since he has it all figured out already.
I will have to talk to him. Thank you!
Old 07-22-2016, 07:41 AM
blackmachdown
Melting Slicks

Which UPP kit is it? The stage 1 or 2?
The kit isn't sold in stage 1 or 2.
When I bought the kit it came with a 255 pump now it comes with a 380!
Old 07-22-2016, 07:45 AM
Babymogul
Instructor

Originally Posted by blackmachdown
The kit isn't sold in stage 1 or 2.
When I bought the kit it came with a 255 pump now it comes with a 380!
Interesting! Is that all you used, was the stuff that came with the kit? http://uppturbo.com/parts/upp-c5-fuel-system/
Old 07-22-2016, 07:55 AM
blackmachdown
Melting Slicks

Interesting! Is that all you used, was the stuff that came with the kit? http://uppturbo.com/parts/upp-c5-fuel-system/
Yup!
Old 07-22-2016, 05:55 PM
DRIVER456
Melting Slicks

Location: NY- 2013 Corvette Challenge Champion-2013 Index Combo Champion 2015 CC/MM Champion
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Been running it for a few years now,2 intank Deatschwerks fuel pumps and there 120lb inj.I have the old RSI twin fuel pump hanger when they 1st came out,had to modify it a bit to fit the fuel pumps.One fuel pump runs all the time the other comes on under boost.

Last edited by DRIVER456; 07-22-2016 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:29 PM
juice12
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ls2, d1, e85, 13lbs of boost, 838rwhp. 243 heads, shorty headers, 15 degrees timing. Comp custom grind cam, shakes the car pretty good at idle, no cats, bullet beer can mufflers. In tank 255 pump, second pump comes on at 3lbs of boost, Id 2000 injectors, tuned and built by Excessive Auto sports in Sioux falls SD. Thing is scary fast if you are used to hp like that
Old 07-25-2016, 02:35 AM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

Ive been on E85 for a few years. For a while I used the stock fuel lines with Walbro 450 pumps and maxed out around 700rwhp. I then made my own -10 lines from ss braided ethanol compatible lines. Ive had no issues associated with using E85 but I'd suggest taking the injectors out once a year and cleaning the tips. They can get a little build up on them sometimes.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:43 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

E85 here. No internal fuel pump(tanks are joined at top and bottom), only 1 pro tuner 4303 MagnaFuel unit, -10 feed -8 return. All pushlock hose for weight and cost savings. Other higher end builds I spec out usually teflon hose.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:12 PM
Babymogul
Instructor

Originally Posted by Smoove
E85 here. No internal fuel pump(tanks are joined at top and bottom), only 1 pro tuner 4303 MagnaFuel unit, -10 feed -8 return. All pushlock hose for weight and cost savings. Other higher end builds I spec out usually teflon hose.
Awesome, do you think you could give me more info on everything you'd need? How much does all the stuff you usually need cost?

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone running E-85?

Old 07-25-2016, 04:36 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Awesome, do you think you could give me more info on everything you'd need? How much does all the stuff you usually need cost?
I used to work for this company, in doing so I set it up for forum members to receive a discount, so you would just have to call, and say: I am from the corvette forum, or yellow bullet(best to just say both). You will get a discount on "good guy special"

That said, it's all custom, and can be tedious. That is why "kits" can be expensive.

Pump
http://www.racepartsolutions.com/ind...part-solutions

Regulator(mine is in black, there is a specific part # for black)

two filters(pre and post pump- make sure you get stainless elements that are able to be cleaned)

Part # for -10 push-lok hose is
#800010 and you would need probably 10-12ft

Part # for -8 pushlok hose is
#800008 and you would need 12 to 15ft

You would need a Y pipe from the -10 feed to scale down to -8 so,
-8 x -8 x -10 ALL MALE "Y" fitting(also available in black-different #) to go from -10 feed to split off into each fuel rail)

one way -10 check valve

Then an assortment of fittings. Keep in mind, you can change hose design(stainless steel, teflon, pushlok-etc), which may be determined on class of racing, personal preference or looks. Fittings can be black, blue, chrome(fragola) but other brands may have other options. I do have a receipt or two of fuel systems we did build for C5's and C6's with an itemized list but, things where removed or added based on each individual build.

Lots of routes(in options) but not a lot of options on how to do it. Do you wanna have an internal pump(like a stock pump or an 044 or 450) and have a big external on a hobbs switch(boost activated switch) which is what I recommend for the norm,...or 1 big external.

If you want my advice, on whoever you buy from, spend money. Don't skimp out on the fuel system. Not saying you cannot do it for a good deal, just saying it is money well spent. I am a forum vendor on here for race part solutions, and also fore innovations if you need something.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:44 PM
Babymogul
Instructor

Originally Posted by Smoove
I used to work for this company, in doing so I set it up for forum members to receive a discount, so you would just have to call, and say: I am from the corvette forum, or yellow bullet(best to just say both). You will get a discount on "good guy special"

That said, it's all custom, and can be tedious. That is why "kits" can be expensive.

Pump

Regulator(mine is in black, there is a specific part # for black)

two filters(pre and post pump- make sure you get stainless elements that are able to be cleaned)

Part # for -10 push-lok hose is
#800010 and you would need probably 10-12ft

Part # for -8 pushlok hose is
#800008 and you would need 12 to 15ft

You would need a Y pipe from the -10 feed to scale down to -8 so,
-8 x -8 x -10 ALL MALE "Y" fitting(also available in black-different #) to go from -10 feed to split off into each fuel rail)

one way -10 check valve

Then an assortment of fittings. Keep in mind, you can change hose design(stainless steel, teflon, pushlok-etc), which may be determined on class of racing, personal preference or looks. Fittings can be black, blue, chrome(fragola) but other brands may have other options. I do have a receipt or two of fuel systems we did build for C5's and C6's with an itemized list but, things where removed or added based on each individual build.

Lots of routes(in options) but not a lot of options on how to do it. Do you wanna have an internal pump(like a stock pump or an 044 or 450) and have a big external on a hobbs switch(boost activated switch) which is what I recommend for the norm,...or 1 big external.

If you want my advice, on whoever you buy from, spend money. Don't skimp out on the fuel system. Not saying you cannot do it for a good deal, just saying it is money well spent. I am a forum vendor on here for race part solutions, and also fore innovations if you need something.
Wow, thank you for all that. I truly appreciate it. I have a lot to think about in which route I will go, but more than likely I will go external because I have a 2000. I know the fuel tanks in the 97-02 don't support in-tank pumps.

What would be the pros/cons with going with an already built kit, like from UPP which claims it has everything I'll need for 799 vs A&A who has a their kit for $1500.

Thanks again man!
Old 07-25-2016, 07:58 PM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Wow, thank you for all that. I truly appreciate it. I have a lot to think about in which route I will go, but more than likely I will go external because I have a 2000. I know the fuel tanks in the 97-02 don't support in-tank pumps.

What would be the pros/cons with going with an already built kit, like from UPP which claims it has everything I'll need for 799 vs A&A who has a their kit for $1500.

Thanks again man!
I don't know the differences between the a&a kit vs the UPP kit but there is no way in the car parts world that you are comparing apples to apples in those kits. The UPP kit may very be sufficient for your goals but they are not going to be apples to apples.

The car parts world is very competitive and there is pretty much no way they can put out the same level of system for half the cost. Its just not possible.

Quick Reply: Anyone running E-85?