C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forged ls2 w/ aps twins

Old 08-16-2016, 12:32 PM
killacarter3
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Forged ls2 w/ aps twins

Hey everyone, so I got my c5z on the road again with a forged ls2 and the base aps kit for the time being.(smaller turbos, bosch bovs, and 38mm gates) The car made just under 600whp on 93 pump and waste gate(7lbs)

I got the kit used for a great deal and have been happy thus far but am already itching to turn it up. After doing some research I've found the base turbos and stock inlets set up with the pancake pipes is restrictive and lot of guys have removed it and ran filters/screens on the turbos themselves. I was thinking what about the high intake temps and detonation?? I'll be installing a meth kit this week but what about at idle?

Looking like raise the boost to 14lbs but eventually up to 20lbs before I start looking at swapping turbos and possibly manifolds. I would like to see at least 700whp with hopes of cracking 800 on around 20lbs. Any input on how to increase the efficiency or input on the inlets is appreciated!
Old 08-16-2016, 05:08 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

if you plan to drive it you will want filters....
The following users liked this post:
killacarter3 (08-16-2016)
Old 08-17-2016, 09:21 AM
flash of red
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by killacarter3
Hey everyone, so I got my c5z on the road again with a forged ls2 and the base aps kit for the time being.(smaller turbos, bosch bovs, and 38mm gates) The car made just under 600whp on 93 pump and waste gate(7lbs)

I got the kit used for a great deal and have been happy thus far but am already itching to turn it up. After doing some research I've found the base turbos and stock inlets set up with the pancake pipes is restrictive and lot of guys have removed it and ran filters/screens on the turbos themselves. I was thinking what about the high intake temps and detonation?? I'll be installing a meth kit this week but what about at idle?

Looking like raise the boost to 14lbs but eventually up to 20lbs before I start looking at swapping turbos and possibly manifolds. I would like to see at least 700whp with hopes of cracking 800 on around 20lbs. Any input on how to increase the efficiency or input on the inlets is appreciated!

The best most of us got with the Mitsubishi 20g turbos that come with the C5 APS kits is 12 to 14 lbs of boost on 346 cubic inch engines. That was including removing the pancake pipes. I have tried many iterations of piping combinations to try and get high volume filtered air into the turbos on the C5 kit. You cant get by the small pinched area between the sway bar and front control arm without a lot of restriction. This is a very small area and it pinches the hoses down.
I currently have a short hose coming off the turbo running between the cradle and frame like APS has them routed and notched out a little area of the cradle to fit a K&N 5111 filter between the control arm mounts.
You should check out DKT turbos for APS cars for a better turbo choice.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:08 PM
Fastbird
Race Director
Pro Mechanic

Received 810 Likes on 430 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
2015 C5 of the Year Finalist
I Believe In The Beer Fairy

I ran the base APS turbo's on a 377 LS3 shortblock with Patriot 317 heads and a LPE GT2-3 cam. I removed the inlet stuff and "massaged" the air filters on to the turbo's directly. I had extra clearance due to the PFadt motor mounts. Car made 761/760 RWHP/TQ at 14 PSI, no detonation issues at all (was running Alky Control single nozzle meth kit too though).

Now running the upgraded LG turbos and at 15-16 PSI am in the lower/mid 800's.

Flash of Red how much did those 62/66's end up running you? Did you have to clearance the cradle because of the larger inlet on the turbo's? That's an upgrade I'm kind of interested in after a head/cam upgrade to my car.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:36 PM
flash of red
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Fastbird
I ran the base APS turbo's on a 377 LS3 shortblock with Patriot 317 heads and a LPE GT2-3 cam. I removed the inlet stuff and "massaged" the air filters on to the turbo's directly. I had extra clearance due to the PFadt motor mounts. Car made 761/760 RWHP/TQ at 14 PSI, no detonation issues at all (was running Alky Control single nozzle meth kit too though).

Now running the upgraded LG turbos and at 15-16 PSI am in the lower/mid 800's.

Flash of Red how much did those 62/66's end up running you? Did you have to clearance the cradle because of the larger inlet on the turbo's? That's an upgrade I'm kind of interested in after a head/cam upgrade to my car.
They were about $3800 if I remember correctly. Yes you will want to space and clearance the cradle a bit
Old 08-18-2016, 07:40 PM
Fastbird
Race Director
Pro Mechanic

Received 810 Likes on 430 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
2015 C5 of the Year Finalist
I Believe In The Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by flash of red
They were about $3800 if I remember correctly. Yes you will want to space and clearance the cradle a bit
Not bad. That's how much the LG Turbo's were if I remember right. And I believe they support a bit more power than the LG's too. Thanks!
Old 01-07-2017, 09:33 PM
stilov
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those of you cranking these up to 14-15lbs, what are your turbos holding to redline?

Get notified of new replies

To Forged ls2 w/ aps twins

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Forged ls2 w/ aps twins