C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering UPP twin turbo kit, what else do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 08:47 PM
BlackMagicC5
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Ordering UPP twin turbo kit, what else do I need?

I have a 2001 Z06. Currently has upgraded driveline parts, trans, rear, clutch, ect. Small ECS blower cam. Im ordering the UPP kit, fuel upgrade, and meth kit. Anything else I should consider? Im hoping to break 600rwhp. Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks.
Old 08-20-2016, 02:32 PM
Black8Banger
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If you run the Alky meth kit, make sure they know you have fender mount turbos. Your meth kit will utilize a meth tank mounted in the trunk as opposed to the standard kit using the windshield washer reservoir. Other than that, everything comes in the UPP kit. I opted to add header wrap and PTP turbo blankets just for peace of mind. I also had UPP send a SD I take pipe with the methanol bungs and IAT bung already installed.
CK is also fantastic with helping during your install. I'm in the middle of mine now and he has been a big help answering my questions.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:14 AM
BlackMagicC5
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Black8Banger
If you run the Alky meth kit, make sure they know you have fender mount turbos. Your meth kit will utilize a meth tank mounted in the trunk as opposed to the standard kit using the windshield washer reservoir. Other than that, everything comes in the UPP kit. I opted to add header wrap and PTP turbo blankets just for peace of mind. I also had UPP send a SD I take pipe with the methanol bungs and IAT bung already installed.
CK is also fantastic with helping during your install. I'm in the middle of mine now and he has been a big help answering my questions.
Thanks for the tips. Ill be taking everything to a shop to have it installed and tuned. Installed my own procharger back in the day but not really interested in tackling this, plus I really dont have the tools right now anyway.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:22 PM
Shoaf85
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

On a C5 the windshield reservoir is mounted under the hood not in the gender well area. The UPP C5Z I'm currently working on is using factory reservoir we just mounted the pump in front bumper area instead of fender well. Had to order longer feed line to meth pump but that's it.

Last edited by Shoaf85; 08-21-2016 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:42 PM
Black8Banger
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

That would've been nice to know when I ordered my kit. When I talked to alky and told them I would be running turbos in the fenders, they told me I had to use the rear tank setup since the pump had to be within a certain distance of the tank. I haven't installed mine yet so I may look into that.

Shoaf, does the C5 you are working on have the larger 6182 turbos? Is it a recent kit or an older style?
Old 08-21-2016, 06:59 PM
BlackMagicC5
Melting Slicks

Are there different versions of the kit? Do I need to make sure I get a certain version? Obviously I want the latest most trouble free version.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:17 PM
Shoaf85
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Black8Banger
That would've been nice to know when I ordered my kit. When I talked to alky and told them I would be running turbos in the fenders, they told me I had to use the rear tank setup since the pump had to be within a certain distance of the tank. I haven't installed mine yet so I may look into that.

Shoaf, does the C5 you are working on have the larger 6182 turbos? Is it a recent kit or an older style?
It is the most recent kit they made as far as I know. Showed up at my shop 3 weeks ago. It is with base turbos tho !
Old 08-22-2016, 07:40 PM
blackmachdown
Melting Slicks

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Are there different versions of the kit? Do I need to make sure I get a certain version? Obviously I want the latest most trouble free version.
As long as you buy from Underpressure or any of their authorized vendors you will get the most up to date kit.

My car has one of the kits and been through one revision, either way I think you will be super happy, right now im getting a forged 6.0 built for my car and swapping in the larger turbos and going for gold!
Old 08-22-2016, 10:00 PM
BlackMagicC5
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by blackmachdown
As long as you buy from Underpressure or any of their authorized vendors you will get the most up to date kit.

My car has one of the kits and been through one revision, either way I think you will be super happy, right now im getting a forged 6.0 built for my car and swapping in the larger turbos and going for gold!
Im buying from tps mark hes a vendor on here that sells the kit. Im just looking for a reliable simple street setup, shooting for 600-650rwhp. For now.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:09 AM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Im buying from tps mark hes a vendor on here that sells the kit. Im just looking for a reliable simple street setup, shooting for 600-650rwhp. For now.
You shouldn't have any issues coming close to those dyno #'s. My 5871 base kit is daily driver capable at 10#'s and over 630rwhp.

Get notified of new replies

To Ordering UPP twin turbo kit, what else do I need?

Quick Reply: Ordering UPP twin turbo kit, what else do I need?