C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS c5 Build. NEED ADVICE

Old 08-22-2016, 11:21 AM
_Wayne_
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default ECS c5 Build. NEED ADVICE

Well I am finally taking the plunge into FI on my 98 ls1 vette. I haven't had any experience with FI before, aside from driving my ford tarus sho, so this is all new. I recently purchased a head unit (paxton novi 2000), bracket, pulleys, belts and and air to air inter cooler. (i believe it was part of a ECS kit at some point). So my next step is acquiring all the parts to complete the build. I've been reading A LOT on here and have come up with a basic list. I would appreciate any help getting a more specific list so I can have everything ready to go for the install.

List:
*Fuel management (KB boos a pump? 60# injectors?)
*Radiator supports
*oil feed for head unit
*Crank pinning
*Tune

I know I am probably missing obvious stuff so any help is also appreciated.

Along with the SC is there any other mods i should consider while I'm working on it? My car is almost stock ls1. Has bbk shorty headers (should I go long tube and x pipe) borla stingers axle back, varram cai, 3.43 rear gears. A4. Should I go with a cam? heads? intake? diffrent CAI. I am trying to be around 600hp as a street and occasional strip car.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:52 PM
SmoothFRC
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

98 eh? I believe there are performance issues with the PCM on the 97-98's where they usually need upgrading to a 99+PCM (requires rewiring/re-pining the harness)

A4 may need to be beefed up, not sure how much they handle stock... wont live long at 600.

You have the return setup stock already with the 98, that is a big bonus!! Change the filter and throw an in tank in there (LPE worked fine for me, depends on your power level here)... Want to run an upgrade wire on the pump as well (Racetronixs makes a nice plug and play wiring harness)

If you are doing the work yourself, while you are in there to pin the crank, adding a cam is not much more work and worth the gains! I like the ECS cam, but there are plenty of opinions on cams in here.

Good luck, it's an addictive ride!
Old 08-22-2016, 04:03 PM
_Wayne_
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I've been looking into it the PCM deal. It would appear as long as I'm to trying to push lots of boost i should be fine.

I'm saving for that. I figure run it until it blows then do a manual swap

How so? I'm really trying to learn about the fuel system! so an upgraded pump and I wont need a BAP?

Yes I am doing most of the work myslef so I definitely going to put a cam on the shopping list!

Thanks for the input. I hope its not too addicting, my wallet wont like it haha
Old 08-22-2016, 04:41 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,079 Likes on 653 Posts

You are welcome to send us an email with a picture of what you have and we can fill in the rest of the kit for you. I think that would save you a ton of time.

Get notified of new replies

To ECS c5 Build. NEED ADVICE

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ECS c5 Build. NEED ADVICE