C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track results single turbo 6 speed :$

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 04:20 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

nice times! that thing must be a monster on the street.

with dual 10AN lines from each valve cover and can i have had zero crank case issues at 900whp with very loose rings. recommend mighty mouse can.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:00 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Nice passes for the first trip out... No doubt a turbo, stick car will be tricky to get the hang of at first..

Keep practicing, it will get there.

I would not power shift, you are just asking to break parts. There is not .5 in power shifting unless you just shift flat out terrible.

You'll be in the 9s before long.
Originally Posted by Tipot
Hoping i keeped motivated to go again lol the things we do a for a little time slip lol .

His point to power shift was to keep the car in under boost . With the data log you can see the car falling out of boost .That when he told me power shift to stay in boost . I was not driving to break records . This week end was simply to make it down the track and get some data wich we got

Quick story, I always power shift but, not so much in bigger power cars. That said,...we finished a twin turbo gto. At a private rental, we had 10 passes, back to back to back. First 3 passes, owner launched the same way I would have, and power shifted the entire way. Banging gears, sounded perfect every time. He than gave me the keys at the starting line. I jumped in, and my first pass, I shifted quick but, did not power shift. I picked up .3 tenths. He said go again. I dropped half a second, again, not power shifting, and NOT leaving on anything other than off idle. Next pass(he was laughing)-said go again. I did,...dropped .7tenths off. I also went 4 mphs faster. I explained to him what I did....he than duplicated my pass(s)....and ran the same.

What was the difference? He didn't power shift. Same 60 ft... he was actually shifting faster but I not going faster. I did shift fast, he actually thought by sound, I was power shifting but nope, video shows me lift and shift. So I agree with ajrothm. Just engage, quickly. Based on what I see, you will probably be in the 9s the next time out...or damn near close. Weather will be cooler soon so you'll get your single soon.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:00 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by neverstop
nice times! that thing must be a monster on the street.

with dual 10AN lines from each valve cover and can i have had zero crank case issues at 900whp with very loose rings. recommend mighty mouse can.

This. Same here.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:12 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Here I am granny shifting to a 9.96. Yes this shifting is slow AF and likely left a tenth or two on the table..if not more. My MN12 Trans was fresh and pretty notchy...

Also notice I was really soft on the launch, walking it out on 26"s. 1.56 60'. This was my 5th pass in the car on this combo. I broke the rear end and transmission on the pass after this one...

Last edited by ajrothm; 08-29-2016 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:53 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Not bad not bad.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:33 PM
Tipot
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Here I am granny shifting to a 9.96. Yes this shifting is slow AF and likely left a tenth or two on the table..if not more. My MN12 Trans was fresh and pretty notchy...

Also notice I was really soft on the launch, walking it out on 26"s. 1.56 60'. This was my 5th pass in the car on this combo. I broke the rear end and transmission on the pass after this one...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNMd4WGlHx8
very nice . with the blower i found you where never really out of boost vs the turbo its easy to fall out of boost lol maybe we need a driver mod for my car
Old 08-30-2016, 02:56 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Originally Posted by Tipot
very nice . with the blower i found you where never really out of boost vs the turbo its easy to fall out of boost lol maybe we need a driver mod for my car

Yeah with a blower, if the engine is running, its gonna make boost..

I was seeing about 19 psi in 1st gear if I remember right... Normally shifting at 6800, it was around 21 psi, fell to about 17-18 psi after each shift, then it climbed back up again.

Now with the auto w/stall converter, its never under 18 psi at any point when its WOT...Its about 15 psi 5' off the line..

Get that 2 step/No lift shift on there, you'll leave in boost too..

Last edited by ajrothm; 08-30-2016 at 02:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Track results single turbo 6 speed :$