C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauge Mounting solutions

Old 09-25-2016, 11:24 PM
Dnealy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Gauge Mounting solutions

So getting towards the end of my Single turbo build and I'm in a pickle here. Need to have 3 gauges mounted, but can only find a dual gauge pod. Wanted to see what everyone else was doing when they run more than two gauges. I need to have my boost gauge, Wide band, and fuel pressure gauge mounted.

Shoot me some idea's, and pictures make it even better.

Thanks guys
Old 09-26-2016, 05:02 AM
StrangelovesM6Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 144 Likes on 123 Posts

Universal 3 gauge pod.

Mold it in or not

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-52...JWlaOk&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-GlowShif...9R6BZQ&vxp=mtr

Last edited by StrangelovesM6Vert; 09-26-2016 at 05:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Dnealy (09-26-2016)
Old 09-26-2016, 10:09 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

If I had to do it again I would do 2 on the A pillar and one on the steering column. Currently I have a plate I made mounted where the ashtray used to be that houses my fuel pressure guage and boost controller.
Dnealy (09-26-2016)
Old 09-26-2016, 11:55 AM
TX Z06 02
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Dnealy
So getting towards the end of my Single turbo build and I'm in a pickle here. Need to have 3 gauges mounted, but can only find a dual gauge pod. Wanted to see what everyone else was doing when they run more than two gauges. I need to have my boost gauge, Wide band, and fuel pressure gauge mounted.

Shoot me some idea's, and pictures make it even better.

Thanks guys
I originally had a 2 gauge pod installed but went for a 3 gauge double din install before I ever completely finished my supercharger install.

HOWEVER - i will say this. The location is not optimum. It was easier to see the gauges when they were on the pillar.
Dnealy (09-26-2016)
Old 09-26-2016, 12:23 PM
Dnealy
Pro

Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise
If I had to do it again I would do 2 on the A pillar and one on the steering column. Currently I have a plate I made mounted where the ashtray used to be that houses my fuel pressure guage and boost controller.
That was the original plan. I put the Boost gauge and Wideband in the A pillar and i bought one of the cup mounts to put the fuel pressure gauge in. I held it onto the column and wasn't sure so that gauge is still pending haha. I would put the fuel pressure gauge down there in the ashtray, but that is where I have the Boost Leash display mounted on a plate so there is no room down there.

Originally Posted by TX Z06 02
I originally had a 2 gauge pod installed but went for a 3 gauge double din install before I ever completely finished my supercharger install.

HOWEVER - i will say this. The location is not optimum. It was easier to see the gauges when they were on the pillar.
I thought about doing something with the bezel, but man thats expensive lol. A buddy of mine has a similar setup to yours and he said the same thing that it was not the most desirable spot haha.

It just seems like there would be some kind of gauge solution that is nice and clean lol. There used to be a triple pod for our cars but it is no longer made. Would love to find someone who had one laying around. I can log my fuel pressure if need be so having it out of the way may not be the end all be all but i feel like that defeats the whole purpose of running a gauge in the first place. I Want it to be a quick reference not a look back at the laptop type thing. It appears that the two on the pillar and one on the column maybe the best solution for the time being.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:28 PM
Dnealy
Pro

Originally Posted by StrangelovesM6Vert

I myself am not ANYWHERE close to having the skills of molding that in haha. Nuts and bolts, and working on Automated machinery …. Give me some type of paint/bondo/fiberglass and i make it look like a five year old got a hold of it, BUT you did give me an idea. I wonder how much a body guy would charge to mold that universal one into an a pillar or take my 2 pod and basically transplant the 3 pod onto/into it.

Im over complicating this I'm sure, I am stuck at home with a newborn and over analyzing these minor things trying to make the interior as clean and not cluttered as possible.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:08 PM
StrangelovesM6Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 144 Likes on 123 Posts

I myself am not ANYWHERE close to having the skills of molding that in haha. Nuts and bolts, and working on Automated machinery …. Give me some type of paint/bondo/fiberglass and i make it look like a five year old got a hold of it, BUT you did give me an idea. I wonder how much a body guy would charge to mold that universal one into an a pillar or take my 2 pod and basically transplant the 3 pod onto/into it.

Im over complicating this I'm sure, I am stuck at home with a newborn and over analyzing these minor things trying to make the interior as clean and not cluttered as possible.
You can just screw it on to the stock A pillar in 4 or 6 places with small black pan head screws or countersink flush ones if you're careful and there's enough thickness.
They fit close and tight.
That's all I did in my previous 97 Camaro 2 Pod and you would have to look carefully to see it was just a screwed on universal one.
To mold it in probably 80-100.00

Last edited by StrangelovesM6Vert; 09-26-2016 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:54 PM
FourG63 97GST
Melting Slicks

Received 350 Likes on 191 Posts

I have a dual pillar and an universal cup mounted on the column. gauge sits right in the middle of the Speedo, so I can still see the needle around it

Old 09-28-2016, 03:42 PM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

You can get gauges that show multiple settings and don't need 3 mounts. I have a aeroforce interceptor. 1 gauge shows 2 parameters all the time, can be set to cycle up to 8 parameters. reads info from the pcm and 2 analog inputs. They offer a two gauge system that would show more info and add more analog inputs. Mine is setup to do boost and wide band. It has tons of features to use. With the addons for boost and wide band it was around $500
Old 09-28-2016, 05:10 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

I have an extra 3-gauge A-pillar pod that is integrated that I bought from a forum member that I'd be willing to sell. It has a small tear in the leg that is hidden by the dash so it doesn't show. I bought this as a spare originally but ended up not needing it because I was lucky to find one of the last triple pod overlays around at the time.

Here's my Autometer pod overlay

The bezel I'll be installing with molded-in dual WB gauge mounts.
Double D Mods (09-28-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 05:37 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Old 09-29-2016, 03:05 AM
bill mcdonald
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

The bonding is not really the hardest part if you know how to sand stuff... It would be trying to cover it with some sort of material to look some what factory. I think this is why you see most pillar pods textured and painted.

I am working on mounting mine in the console, but recessed and angled 10-15 degrees so they are looking at me.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:17 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

I have since changed the bulb in the Nitrous Express gauge to mirror the others.

Last edited by TXGS507; 09-29-2016 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:19 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Holy brightness!
Old 09-30-2016, 10:10 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

lol.... Yeah, I don't drive around like that....

Originally Posted by Smoove
Holy brightness!
Old 09-30-2016, 12:45 PM
romandian
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts

i would suggest not to mount any gauges at all. driving these cars is dangerous enough without them. log what you need to know, much better.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:41 PM
FourG63 97GST
Melting Slicks

Received 350 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by romandian
i would suggest not to mount any gauges at all. driving these cars is dangerous enough without them. log what you need to know, much better.
debatable, logging is only useful after the fact.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:44 PM
Dnealy
Pro

Sure I can log but I can't see the laptop real time and thats the only real reason for having gauges at all right, instantaneous reference while driving. I don't want to stand on the throttle through an entire run if something simple like a wastage line blows off. Gauge would tell me "Hey D.A. your at 30 lbs of boost" or if I strictly log ill see it had 30 lbs once the crank/rods are laying in the road.
vettefx76 (06-14-2021)

Get notified of new replies

To Gauge Mounting solutions

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gauge Mounting solutions