C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got the new build dynoed - built 6.0 UPP 6182R twin turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 05:44 PM
blackmachdown
Melting Slicks

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

Sorry for not responding to this thread I have been busy with work and a house remodel....

Anyways to answer the timing question I do not know, I will get with the tuner tomorrow when i pick up the car and find out. We actually ended up detuning the car to 13 psi and ~800 hp because on that dyno pull I was around 110% injector duty. So I need to buy new injectors and a new/better boost controller to control the boost (was getting spikes of upto 19-20 psi on a 17 psi setting) but for now I just want to enjoy the car and get used to the new found power from 600hp.

here are some pictures|:
Carnage:
Name:  QlMZcpn.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  793.0 KB
needs a little jb weld and a nice polish
Name:  RLLyBsv.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  1.26 MB
my custom offset piston and rods came in!
Name:  B6C3zHi.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  147.0 KB
out with the old!
Name:  pxuAe4L.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  227.7 KB
new engine ready to go in..
Name:  t494QY9.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  234.5 KB
might as well upgrade turbos......these are the ball bearing ported housing 6182r turbos...i cant believe how much bigger these are to the old ones!
Name:  AxKOARY.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  1.68 MB
everything installed...time to button up and clean up wiring!

thats all I have until tomorrow when I go and pick her up....then its time to slap these bad boys on!
Attachment 48361096
Old 10-07-2016, 06:04 PM
blackmachdown
Melting Slicks

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by tommypenguin
Ralph, you seriously having me considering this motor as a project seems like the best bang for the buck you can do for an FI application. LQ4 blocks with cranks I have seen go for as low as 400$ locally. bore them to .030 to get 370ci. Then toss forged rods, pistons on the crank. Have seen 317 heads go for 150$. Basically you can build an almost bullet proof long block with machine work for 3k. Are the only difference between 317 and 243 heads is getting lower compression with 317s?
I am happy with my decision too, I originally was going to do a sbe 5.3 on a budget but I really thought about it and said if Im going to go through with a swap and keep the car might as well go with a 6.0. If I were you I would do the 370 or even step up to the 408, and go with the ls3 top end! that would have been my build if i had the money, but just like your engine going mine came at a bad time financially..:-/

Quick Reply: Got the new build dynoed - built 6.0 UPP 6182R twin turbo kit