C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous install problems.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 01:07 PM
cooter99
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nitrous install problems.

Hey guys, so finally got around to finishing the install on my 99 Coupe. Using a Zex kit. Installed a Zex heater, Zex purge kit, blow down tube, bottle gauge, NX window switch controller, and NX switch panel. First off had some issues wiring the Zex nitrous management unit to the window switch but after a few calls to both companies got that figured out. The Zex management unit uses a 3 wire setup, power, ground, and WOT. Installed a single fogger nozzle in the intake also. Last thing to do was to take Schrader valve on fuel rail out and fill the bottle.

So now that we are up to speed, the Zex management unit is shot. Called Zex and they also concluded that the control board is bad. Now this unit I bought new but several years ago (long story why it took so long to install) so it will not be covered by any warranty. They only provide a 1 year. They are telling me the only option is to buy a new management unit. Not supper happy about this but not going to bash them as it's my fault I have not installed it before warranty was up. They also do not repair them as they only sell the units whole.

So last night I say screw it if it's shot then let's take it apart. The whole unit in the box is just 2 Parker solenoids and a small computer board. This has wires that go to solenoids, a activation light and a push button for programing WOT. Cut the solenoids off and tested them on a battery and they work fine. Just this circuit board was bad. This has me thinking, solenoids are brand new and I have a NX window switch. Why not just use that to control them and hard wire everything? Would have to rewire how I used the relay and wire the TPS wire to the window switch. But that would save me another $225 for a new management unit. And to be honest I kinda have a bad taste on the Zex end of things anyway so giving them more money on top of the money already spent is going up my a--. Will put the solenoids back in the purple box so I don't waste the holes I have drilled and the routing of all the lines etc.

Anyone see a problem with this? Sorry for the long winded thread but need some opinions.
Old 10-02-2016, 01:18 PM
cooter99
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Couple pics of install.

routing of the purge line

during the wiring process and placement of window switch.

the Zex box all apart

Quick Reply: Nitrous install problems.