C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

custom vacuum manifolds(blocks) for multiports.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 11:10 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Default custom vacuum manifolds(blocks) for multiports.

I haven't put a lot of thought into this yet, so it's a little premature but, I am thinking that I am gonna be out of room and ports for my JODAR(rps) vacuum block that I currently use. Now with the addition of the holley, boost solenoids and pressure sensors, that I want a cleaner, perhaps more custom piece that better fits the car. Problem with BOUGHT units, like mine and others, is that the ports are close together, and the piece is very short. Just wondering if anyone has a nice billet piece, or if I should just make one out of a chunk of aluminum.

More than likely will be hidden....or maybe I will run two of what I already have and hide them both in cowling. If anyone has pics.......and would like to share, post up!

**custom versions- not a jdm $15 one**

Old 10-15-2016, 05:28 AM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

How many could you possibly need ?

Baring in mind wastegates etc should never see vacuum and never be connected to same takeoff as critical items like map sensor, FPR
Old 10-15-2016, 11:04 PM
v8srfun
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 123 Posts

I know of countless wastegates that saw manifold vacuum on a daily basis with no adverse effect.
Old 10-16-2016, 06:27 AM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

I never said it would have an adverse affect I said they should never see vacuum.because it is completely and utterly pointless. And if using the lower port on the w/g, there will almost always be leaks at the valve stem, which introduces leaks into the intake manifold.

Which is dumb, made even worse if you then use a vac block with critical items like map sensor attached to it.

And all boost control by nature once you start using solenoids and the same signal line also introduces leaks, which again if connected to that vac block with map sensor etc...will affect the signal they see.

There is pretty much no sensible reason to have a w/g attached to the intake manifold.

Last edited by stevieturbo; 10-16-2016 at 06:27 AM.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:06 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

I'm not asking for any technical data here.

The question is quite simple. Do you have a custom block, or not?

No? Cool thanks.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:40 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

No I dont, it isnt something I've ever had a need for.

But there are dozens of them readily available.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:28 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
No I dont, it isnt something I've ever had a need for.

But there are dozens of them readily available.

Yeah I gathered that dude. Maybe read the original post next time.

#ProTip
Old 10-19-2016, 01:38 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

I did read it.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:21 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

I did read it.

Absorbing, would be the next step.

Old 10-19-2016, 03:30 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Understanding a need for something that could be debated that it is needed and when there are so many options that currently exist already.

What doesnt exist that you need ? What is so different from the many many vac blocks out there that they cannot work ?

How many ports could you possibly need, given FPR and MAP sensor are about the only two critical items that would come off such a port ? Possibly a 3rd being a boost gauge if you didnt want to tee this.

People have different ways of doing things, but I would never take any boost control plumbing off the intake manifold, as it just makes no sense to do so.
And certainly never take any boost control plumbing off the same line/source as the critical items like MAP and FPR in case it could alter the signal they receive. ( although a large line to a vac block should ensure the boost control "leaks" shouldnt have a measurable impact on them. )
Old 10-19-2016, 04:12 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Understanding a need for something that could be debated that it is needed and when there are so many options that currently exist already.

What doesnt exist that you need ? What is so different from the many many vac blocks out there that they cannot work ?

How many ports could you possibly need, given FPR and MAP sensor are about the only two critical items that would come off such a port ? Possibly a 3rd being a boost gauge if you didnt want to tee this.

People have different ways of doing things, but I would never take any boost control plumbing off the intake manifold, as it just makes no sense to do so.
And certainly never take any boost control plumbing off the same line/source as the critical items like MAP and FPR in case it could alter the signal they receive. ( although a large line to a vac block should ensure the boost control "leaks" shouldnt have a measurable impact on them. )

My question was to the Corvette crowd, and what they have done in a custom setting. Really don't care for any more dialog other than that dude. Besides, I have figured out what i want to do anyways so, no need to further your attempts in trying to understand something you don't know much about-which is the packaging on MY car.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:45 PM
jmuck
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a single block mounted on the wiper behind the intake. I have a Vic Jr.and not sure it would clear a stock manifold.
The following users liked this post:
Smoove (10-20-2016)
Old 10-19-2016, 10:29 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I use one for 3 Hobbs switches, and my BOV off one end. Other end is vacuum in and there are 2 more ports unused.

Name:  photo313.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  904.0 KBName:  photo352.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  954.9 KB

Last edited by realcanuk; 10-19-2016 at 10:29 PM.
Smoove (10-20-2016)
Old 10-20-2016, 09:28 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jmuck
I have a single block mounted on the wiper behind the intake. I have a Vic Jr.and not sure it would clear a stock manifold.
Nice, since I removed my wipers this past weekend, I may attach mine to that bracket and use that 10mm bolt they have to do so.

Originally Posted by realcanuk
I use one for 3 Hobbs switches, and my BOV off one end. Other end is vacuum in and there are 2 more ports unused.

Attachment 48028964Attachment 48028963
Very nice. Looks very professional, especially with the wiring/mounting.

Thanks for the intel fellas.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:47 PM
FourG63 97GST
Melting Slicks

Received 350 Likes on 191 Posts

I have this "custom" thingy, milled and drilled from a piece of aluminum.
But yea, the problem isn't the number of ports, but the spacing of the ports when you want to add sensor/switches to it.

Old 10-20-2016, 03:49 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by FourG63 97GST
I have this "custom" thingy, milled and drilled from a piece of aluminum.
But yea, the problem isn't the number of ports, but the spacing of the ports when you want to add sensor/switches to it.

]
Nice, exactly.

Come by the shop tonight if in the hood...staying late,...routing lines. Might also mount manifold.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:44 PM
always faster
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by realcanuk

Attachment 48028964Attachment 48028963
I use the same block.When mount flush to the car frame , à hub switch would not fit.What i did is use a 90 degree adapter( hard to see on the pic sorry).With different offset adapter you could run 5 to 6 hubswitch.

Smoove (10-24-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To custom vacuum manifolds(blocks) for multiports.

Old 10-23-2016, 03:24 AM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,284 Likes on 1,938 Posts

I decided to keep it simple and run Ys in the tubing.

That said, I pre bought some blocks and might turn your attention to a company called Treadstone. Also have an On E racing (or similar name) block. If you have a drill press, probably best to make your own for fitment preference.
Old 10-23-2016, 03:42 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by always faster
I use the same block.When mount flush to the car frame , à hub switch would not fit.What i did is use a 90 degree adapter( hard to see on the pic sorry).With different offset adapter you could run 5 to 6 hubswitch.

OP, this is what I use got it off ebay for 20 bucks or so. Not that brand and I have it in the same location.
Smoove (10-24-2016)
Old 10-24-2016, 01:31 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Very nice fellas. Not a bad place to mount them. I dig the hidden look. For now, I have mine routed right next to the booster, with the line(to back of manifold) going to the inside cowl area. It is already starting to get tight for me again with this thing but, gonna run it how I have it, and test. If all goes with with it, after the half mile event I may switch over to a few stainless pieces, and do it all over again. Really isn't that big of a deal, just a little time consuming.

Thank you for the replies/pics. As soon as photobucket comes back online, I'll share what I have for now.

Quick Reply: custom vacuum manifolds(blocks) for multiports.