C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE to SEE IN A NEW WEBSITE?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 10:22 AM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Default WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE to SEE IN A NEW WEBSITE?

I wanted to post this in the FI sections because, as a supercharger system manufacturer, this is where I feel I'll get the most relevent feedback. I have contracted to build a completely new website. I wanted to just start from scratch rather than revamp the existing site.
So what features would you, as both new shoppers and existing customers, like to see in an optimum website?
How important is a mobile friendly site to most people? We will be building it that way anyway but I'd love to hear what most people really think about that.
What about, customer videos, testimonials, comparisons to other brands, pictures of customers rides, more explanations of what we do and why vs. a lot of product choices in the "cart", close up pictures of individual components, a "specials" section, a used parts section, and so on. Let me know how these things rate in importance and what else you would want to see.
What about the overall layout? Any ideas as to what would appeal to or turn customers off would be really helpful!
Should we also have a separate area for supporting items like headers, cams, pistons, etc. or do you think that would take away from the A&A Supercharger brand and make us look more like any other performance retailer? I'm kind of torn on that one.
Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. You can email me if you don't want to post your ideas publicly.
Andy@AACorvette.com
Seriously. This would be a big help to us if we got a lot of relevent input.
Thanks Everyone, Andy

A&A CORVETTE
477 LAMBERT ST
OXNARD CA 93036
WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS
HOME OF THE WORLDS FIRST
CENTRIFUGALLY SUPERCHARGED C7

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Andy@AACorvette.com 805- 278 4107

Last edited by Andy@A&ACorvette; 11-05-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:27 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette

I'm getting some great ideas from the C7 and C6 sections. Surely the C5 Section can't think my website is awesome as it is! It clearly sucks.

Last edited by Andy@A&ACorvette; 11-06-2016 at 11:27 PM.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:44 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

it's really not bad in my opinion, just needs to be updated for people that aren't regulars around here or aren't aware of any changes that have been made to the kits... updated pics showing the newest designs and maybe closeups with detailed descriptions would help your new customers... just don't do what someone else did to me and many others by advertising one thing on the website and sending out something different and about half the size... brand comparisons would be nice but I wouldn't know how to go about that without someone getting upset... I also think some people may not be aware of everything that you offer like anodizing, bracket upgrades, etc, maybe have drop down boxes with different options or upgrades... on the other hand that might be too complex and confuse some that don't know what they need/want so stress that they don't hesitate to call if they want to put together a custom setup or to discuss different options... personally I don't like mobile sites, they never seem to work 100% right and I always switch to desktop view on my phone... I don't think you need to clutter the site up with a bunch of different headers, exhausts, etc but again some people may not be aware that you offer those parts so just get that message across somehow
Old 11-08-2016, 05:14 PM
Mike04
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Mobile friendly doesn't add anything for me. Most of the items I would buy from a company like yours I would take the time to research on a real computer.

Having your current website divided on the home page for SC or Performance doesn't do anything for me. I want to see it all, clicking one over the other I feel I might miss out on something.

As stated above, show more of the specialty upgrade things you sell/ customize that are not readily known from your current website.

Pictures and videos are a plus for us consumers to drool over. You have a lot of cars out there that are really impressive running your SC kits. Updating customer rides with a little more detail would be nice, maybe track/ racing videos. Tough to do if your customers don't send in the info and pics though... If those were integrated a little into where the kits details are listed might add some excitement to looking at the kits. Most people buy the kits to be faster than the guy next door, real would stuff in the pull downs like if I go with a Ysi with a 3.0 pulley I could except X amount of power compared to a Si with a 3.4... The A&A 650 Hp package for example. Adding header, meth, and so on.

Good luck with the website Andy and thanks for the help over the years
Old 11-09-2016, 01:42 AM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

You stated a lot of things already that would be cool. Seeing dyno graphs and videos of certain popular combos of maybe cams and different pulley sizes would be neat too. That would probably help guys get an idea of what to expect with certain motor and mod combos. A customers cars section too.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:19 AM
road pilot
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 817 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

I am more interested in the technical than what other guys are
doing as far as dyno's and their hp. You do need to have some info
about the power train and suspension esp for the new customers.
Take a look at Hot Rod magazine and how they show the hot
rodder. They have a little of this and that to make the whole
picture. Start thinking of A&A as the HOT ROD of Superchargers.
You are taking on a big job but the rewards can be great. Now
is your chance to make A&A Superchargers the first name that will be
on the lips of ALL hot rodders.
Good luck.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:38 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Besides all those features listed above, a dedicated forum to post issues and interact with others and with A&A tech support to resolve them more quickly. This would also act as a searchable archive to allow a constantly growing knowledgebase that would function as a centralized FI library of issues/solutions specific to A&A systems and complementary products. The FI sections on CF are great but an A&A-specific site would be more efficient and accurate.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:24 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

would a little light **** be out of the question???
The following users liked this post:
Smoove (11-11-2016)
Old 11-10-2016, 09:04 AM
Andy@A&ACorvette

Other than the **** comment from Joel, this is good stuff. :-)
I'm probably going to go with a BigCommerce based site so I can ultimately make changes myself. I am not a computer guy and certainly can't do anything that requires code knowledge.
I don't know if it will have the capability of having a forum. I am definitely going to check into that though.
I like the idea of "Horsepower Packages" as well.
I think a small section showing earlier versions of our systems would be helpful so guys know what they have and what is compatible.
Videos and tips on belt changes, crank pinning etc. is definitely going to be included.
An in depth discussion on head unit choice, pulley choice etc. is also going in.
I'm getting some good info here.
Thanks!

Last edited by Andy@A&ACorvette; 11-10-2016 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:43 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Andy@A&ACorvette
Other than the **** comment from Joel, this is good stuff. :-)
I'm probably going to go with a BigCommerce based site so I can ultimately make changes myself. I am not a computer guy and certainly can't do anything that requires code knowledge.
I don't know if it will have the capability of having a forum. I am definitely going to check into that though.
I like the idea of "Horsepower Packages" as well.
I think a small section showing earlier versions of our systems would be helpful so guys know what they have and what is compatible.
Videos and tips on belt changes, crank pinning etc. is definitely going to be included.
An in depth discussion on head unit choice, pulley choice etc. is also going in.
I'm getting some good info here.
Thanks!

You know I'm just having some fun Andy...

Track videos of your kit in action would also be good.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:58 PM
JT FRC 00
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Keeping the supercharger kits or systems the main priority on your website, if the decision is made to sell other products try to keep them related to superchargers. For existing customers to go back to and look for other performance parts to add to your system but to also show new customers parts that work and go along with it.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:27 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Install or how to vids? I seen some on youtube but are they all on your wedsite? Maybe a q&a section or chat/forum area. Upcoming events where you guys may be attending or hoding..
Old 11-15-2016, 10:37 AM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

More dyno sheets from various builds. And some DYI videos!
Old 11-15-2016, 11:21 AM
corvet786c
Drifting

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts

I think having a section of dyno numbers of new and old products, what works and what does not. Mix and match cams, intake, headers etc etc.

I would say just to continue to post photos again of your products, detail matters as we know. Tech videos, How to's would be real cool. Thanks Chris
Old 11-16-2016, 02:20 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Wait... SO the **** stuff isn't on the table anymore...
The following users liked this post:
Patches (11-16-2016)
Old 11-28-2016, 01:29 AM
Andy@A&ACorvette

Originally Posted by Chicago1
Wait... SO the **** stuff isn't on the table anymore...
There will be a secret access code for that.
I'm having the web guy revamp the current site, for now, and build a new one after that. This way we can try new stuff out and keep the site live.
I think the worst thing is to go to a site and see an "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" sign everywhere you go.
He's already done a lot with the C7 section because that was pretty bare.
I am definitely going to have a bunch of "how to" videos. Belt changes, crank pinning, bracket installation etc. will be a big help to the DIY guy.
I'd like to do a time lapse of a complete system being unboxed showing each individual part. I get a lot of inquiries like "does it include "this" or "that".
I'm going to have an in depth discussion on different head units and pulley choices along with videos so customers can get an idea of what each one sounds like.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:39 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

The sections, "upgrades, accessories and components" gets somewhat confusing, I'll admit. You have 8-rib kits in accessories, which I would consider an upgrade and partial kits in the "upgrade" section. How about a section named "partial kits" or something like that for the "upgrades" section?
Instead of "components", how about "replacement parts" and now that you have the new bracket, maybe put each replacement part under it's respective generation kit.

Bret

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:57 AM
Andy@A&ACorvette

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKTPerformance
The sections, "upgrades, accessories and components" gets somewhat confusing, I'll admit. You have 8-rib kits in accessories, which I would consider an upgrade and partial kits in the "upgrade" section. How about a section named "partial kits" or something like that for the "upgrades" section?
Instead of "components", how about "replacement parts" and now that you have the new bracket, maybe put each replacement part under it's respective generation kit.

Bret
I've hated that for years. All that is going away and I'm going to start over. I'm not going to have the upgrade kits any more. Some people think that you need to add these to our kit to make it complete.

COMPONENTS will be a section where you can buy individual parts such as brackets and hoses.

PULLEYS or BELT DRIVES Will have blower pulleys, balancers, secondary drives etc. I'll probably have the bracket and tensioner in there as well.

FUEL SYSTEMS (maybe a different name) will have Injectors, fuel systems, fuel pumps,methanol injection, BAPs etc.

Get notified of new replies

To WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE to SEE IN A NEW WEBSITE?

Quick Reply: WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE to SEE IN A NEW WEBSITE?