C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.76 @ 122, 8.96 @ 154 with P1SC-1 Procharger

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 11:59 AM
reactor2
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by smokinstorm
It touched 14 PSI right at the end of the run. At 6400. Pulls beyond that did not show more boost or horsepower but the power stayed within a horsepower or two until 6800 on one pull.
Wow! 14psi on a 408cu motor with a P1. That's awesome!
What size pulley are you running?
What type of kit are you running? Procharger, ECS, A&A, other?
Can you post pics of your engine setup?
Old 11-26-2016, 12:41 PM
smokinstorm
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by reactor2
Wow! 14psi on a 408cu motor with a P1. That's awesome!
What size pulley are you running?
What type of kit are you running? Procharger, ECS, A&A, other?
Can you post pics of your engine setup?
3.2" upper with the anti-slip coating from 928 Motorsports. No way it would grip without the coating as it was really tough getting it to not slip with it. It's the ancient A & A setup from back when they sourced their superchargers from Procharger 10 years ago. I don't currently have any pics from our specific setup but it doesn't look any different at all from any Procharger on a C5 Corvette. I'll try to get my partner in crime to take some pics and email them to me. He keeps the car with him all the time as he's inland and I live right on the ocean. Ocean air is bad, bad, bad for all things automotive. I just hope the engine is up to the task of handling what an F1-A head unit can deliver. If so, 8.50's and 165+ MPH traps are definitely in our future in really good air. Or since we mainly run 1/8th mile, 5.40's and 130+ MPH traps. The problem is, we still have to be able to drive the car everyday so we can't compromise the streetability in order to get the number we want at the track. Gotta keep the 4L60e and complete stock style drivetrain for that matter. I wish I could just take off another 500 pounds as the car is still really heavy compared to what I see others weighing in at but there's not much more we can take off and still be street legal. This isn't going to be the easiest thing in the world, that's for sure. Gotta have a goal though, right?
Old 11-26-2016, 02:36 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

thanks. that's so awesome.

not sure what nozzles you are using in your meth setup but ECS and I believe vengeance also have both logged 300*+ EGT differences between cylinders using dual M15 tips just from fuel distribution issues, so they now typically only go as big as M10 tips. Just a heads up and with 110 you may want to back off the meth a little if you're using dual m15 tips just to keep cylinder pressures down on 4 bolt heads.

seriously epic setup.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:40 PM
reactor2
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Why do you need to run meth if you're using 110 octane gas? To help cool the intake charge?
Old 11-28-2016, 07:10 PM
Chris Stewart
Safety Car

Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts

That combo is kickn azz! I'd be impressed if it just went 9's. Amazing!!
Old 11-28-2016, 08:20 PM
PEETYZ
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Extremely impressive!
Old 11-28-2016, 08:25 PM
YNOT85
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Smokin, I tried to PM you but your box is full. $1,000 shipped to 60188 w/o pullies? I plan to stick with 6 rib.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:35 PM
smokinstorm
Racer

Originally Posted by reactor2
Why do you need to run meth if you're using 110 octane gas? To help cool the intake charge?
Yes. I originally had it when running 93 pump but we only made 748 to the tires like that. Weak sauce. I wanted more. I'm sick like that. I was told that the meth when injecting it like this ends up with terrible fuel distribution so on the F1-A we're going to step up to C16 and turn down the meth. Also, our injectors were so small that we had to have the meth just to keep up with the fuel needs of the motor. This car was originally built as a nice, safe 600 RWHP car and had injectors sized to that end but things got out of hand quickly.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:36 PM
smokinstorm
Racer

Originally Posted by YNOT85
Smokin, I tried to PM you but your box is full. $1,000 shipped to 60188 w/o pullies? I plan to stick with 6 rib.
Sure, no problem. Someone can use the pulleys I'm sure. When do you want to do this?
Old 11-28-2016, 09:34 PM
smokinstorm
Racer

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
That combo is kickn azz! I'd be impressed if it just went 9's. Amazing!!

You won't believe this but I've been following you and your car for some time. I saw the vid where they told you to not come back until you had the safety stuff in line. You were listening to the track announcer talk about your car on the radio. I was always thinking, "Man, if only we can run like this gentleman's car when we go to the track, I'll be on top of the world." I'm serious. I had no idea the P1 was going to be able to power the car to what it did. And then with that launch??? I was shocked. That pass was only the 2nd full 1/4 mile pass with the car. We stopped while we were ahead. It definitely has a couple tenths and maybe a MPH or two but that's going to have to be the talk of the bench racing crowd as the F1-A is on the way via UPS as I write this. Time to raise the bar. 8.50's/5.40's here we come. And still drive the car around for no reason whatsoever. Just because we feel like it. Forced induction is cool.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:36 PM
YNOT85
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Great. Can you PM me an address I can priority ship a money order to?
Old 11-28-2016, 09:56 PM
Nosferatu333
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Yes. I originally had it when running 93 pump but we only made 748 to the tires like that. Weak sauce. I wanted more. I'm sick like that. I was told that the meth when injecting it like this ends up with terrible fuel distribution so on the F1-A we're going to step up to C16 and turn down the meth. Also, our injectors were so small that we had to have the meth just to keep up with the fuel needs of the motor. This car was originally built as a nice, safe 600 RWHP car and had injectors sized to that end but things got out of hand quickly.
Lol@ 748 = weak suace. dude that a lot of power especially with a p-1. 750 happens to be my goal. But with Cali 91 octane I Doudt I'll make it. :/
Old 11-28-2016, 10:38 PM
Chris Stewart
Safety Car

Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts

You won't believe this but I've been following you and your car for some time. I saw the vid where they told you to not come back until you had the safety stuff in line. You were listening to the track announcer talk about your car on the radio. I was always thinking, "Man, if only we can run like this gentleman's car when we go to the track, I'll be on top of the world." I'm serious. I had no idea the P1 was going to be able to power the car to what it did. And then with that launch??? I was shocked. That pass was only the 2nd full 1/4 mile pass with the car. We stopped while we were ahead. It definitely has a couple tenths and maybe a MPH or two but that's going to have to be the talk of the bench racing crowd as the F1-A is on the way via UPS as I write this. Time to raise the bar. 8.50's/5.40's here we come. And still drive the car around for no reason whatsoever. Just because we feel like it. Forced induction is cool.
That's awesome. I still need to get that safety stuff in line. Looking forward to your results with the F1-A.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:30 PM
smokinstorm
Racer

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
That's awesome. I still need to get that safety stuff in line. Looking forward to your results with the F1-A.
I have to pick and choose where we go also. We're not legal either. But true street cars don't have cages, right? Nor do the drivers of really slow street cars like us have a need for a NHRA license. And since we're a really slow street car, well.......you know. What's funny is that we've gone to a couple of hole in the wall tracks and made a mid 7 second 1/8th mile pass and had the locals come over and say how impressed they were with how fast the car was. If only they knew....
And yes, we have been known to bait people into racing us from time to time. Sorry. Old habits die hard. But to look at the car it looks like it'd be lucky to run a 7 in the 1/8th. Poor pitiful stock appearing car. Packing a wallop though.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:45 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Competitor parts or not, impressive is impressive. That's a great ET for a P1, I don't see a larger blower holding the six rib though, but I also would have said a P1 would never hit 8's so... GLWI
Old 11-29-2016, 11:01 AM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Congrats on the times. What kind of inlet do you have on the blower?
Old 11-29-2016, 12:25 PM
smokinstorm
Racer

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Competitor parts or not, impressive is impressive. That's a great ET for a P1, I don't see a larger blower holding the six rib though, but I also would have said a P1 would never hit 8's so... GLWI
I've got an 8 rib setup so I hope I'm good being as the pulley on the F1-A is gonna be pizza sized. Or 4.25". I hope you saw the launch in the vid so when I say this pass was compromised you know I'm not kidding. I swear it had 8.80's or high 8.70's in it if Jupiter aligned with Mars, etc.

Get notified of new replies

To 5.76 @ 122, 8.96 @ 154 with P1SC-1 Procharger

Old 11-29-2016, 03:54 PM
smokinstorm
Racer

Originally Posted by SBCGENII
Congrats on the times. What kind of inlet do you have on the blower?
We have the regular Procharger inlet with a big filter on it for driving around and a piece of small mesh hardware cloth fastened to the inlet without the filter when we go to the track. It makes more boost and therefore more power with the hardware cloth vs the filter assembly but I wouldn't want to drive it around every day like that.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:35 PM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18

Awesome man!! Jeff and Jay were telling me about this Monday. Now I have high hopes!
Old 11-30-2016, 11:51 PM
smokinstorm
Racer

Originally Posted by CamminC5
Awesome man!! Jeff and Jay were telling me about this Monday. Now I have high hopes!

Honestly, I think it greatly exceeded their wildest expectations. When I first carried the car there with this setup I asked Jay what he thought the car might be capable of. He said if it'll 60' in the 1.30's he said it had a good chance to run 6.30's. I will say that they've done a lot to the car to make it much better suited for drag racing than when I first carried it in there. My combo isn't wild or anything like that but it does work together nicely now. When I first went to Mayhem, the parts weren't exactly playing together nicely. Now they are. I did have to decide whether or not I wanted it to run on the street or at the track. Once I decided I wanted better track performance than street performance, the decisions got easier (not less expensive) and the times at the track started tumbling. F1-A head unit is supposed to be here Friday and I talked to Jay today at the shop about putting in the proper sized fuel injectors and tuning the car to 900-925 RWHP. I'm seriously hoping for 5.50's or better the next time at the track with the car.

Last edited by smokinstorm; 11-30-2016 at 11:53 PM.

Quick Reply: 5.76 @ 122, 8.96 @ 154 with P1SC-1 Procharger