C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cam suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 01:45 AM
Pizzano
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Default cam suggestions

Hello folks, I am thinking of upgrading the camshaft in my 98 Magna charged convertible.

Vehicle has 30k original miles, supercharger and all other upgrdes were done roughly 2-3 k miles ago.

Motor specs as it sits now:Kooks longtubes, Kooks hi flow catted Xpipe,B&B bullets, cooling system upgrades (Dewitts with Spal fans and engine cooler

Stock LS1 bottom end, stock heads/cam/push rods
Magna charger MP112 with intercooler with Lingenfelter upgraded fuel pump.
Valvetrain upgrades so far are : BTR dual valve springs SK001 kit, which is good for .660 lift. (guides , retainers etc)
BTR Micropolished LS1 rocker arms with the BTR trunions, stock push rod length.

Want it compatible with what I already have as far as the stock heads etc, no crazy thumper lol

So basically looking for any cam spec ideas and what length pushrod would be needed, and can I use the stock lifters

Thanks for any input

Last edited by Pizzano; 11-26-2016 at 01:48 AM.
Old 11-26-2016, 11:03 AM
LedfootLarry
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

You already use his valvetrain components,
so use one of Brian Tooley's PD cams
Old 11-26-2016, 02:21 PM
StatmanRN
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

First question i always ask is: What are your goals with it?
I dont claim to know a lot about LS engines or Maggies specifically. However in general with a PD type blower you can run a little more duration than you would otherwise since they are so responsive and have so much bottom end. Conventional wisdow recomends a wide LSA and split duration for blowers
You could run the stock lifters, but why not upgrade and change the lifter boxes?

Get notified of new replies

To cam suggestions

Quick Reply: cam suggestions