C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1-A pulley recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 07:56 PM
smokinstorm
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Default F1-A pulley recommendation?

Guess what showed up today? It's got a 4.25" pulley on it now and we're running an 8" lower pulley. That's going to be turning the impeller almost exactly the same speed that the P1SC-1 that was on there before was turning. Well, a few hundred less RPM but close. I'd like to take the RWHP from the 809 with the P1 (21 degrees if timing 11.8:1 A/F ration at peak HP on VP110 and meth injection) to around 925 with the new F1-A. Oh yeah, switching fuel to C16 still with the meth injection. Anybody have any idea if I need a smaller supercharger pulley and, if so, about what size or impeller RPM speed I should be shooting for? I called Procharger and what they told me didn't make sense and when I asked again they hung up on me and wouldn't take more calls from me when I called back. Class operation but that's neither here nor there. The gentleman I spoke with told me that since the F1-A supercharger is so much smaller than the P1 that I was going to have to spin the F1-A much more RPM just to make the same power. Is there any chance this is correct? If so I need to order up a 4.13" or a 4" pulley pretty soon. Thanks for any advice on this one.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:42 PM
js23881
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dave......what is maximum RPM your F1-A can run? From there I can tell you what size pulley you need. Just PM me. I have a formula that I use to determine that. From your pic of blower I see the ratio which I also needed. Your buddy John...

Last edited by js23881; 12-15-2016 at 10:43 PM.

Quick Reply: F1-A pulley recommendation?