C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hoosier bellville washers

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 12:29 AM
BURL
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Hoosier bellville washers

Double posting - got this going in Tech also but I know you guy can and have broken every thing in a C5 so:

Doing a little diff up grade. Have Hoosier carbon fiber clutch going into C5 Z06 diff. Want to buy Hoosier bellville washers as they (Hoosier) suggest they should be used with their clutch packs. No problem - they are only about $11 each until you get to checkout where they want $50 to ship them. These could go in an envelope or $5 USPS box!! Talk about a rip off or the "Corvette TAX" !!! Momma didn't raise but one fool and it wasn't me. Any supporting vendors stock these or members have access to reasonable pricing?

Thanks
Old 01-14-2017, 10:52 AM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18

RPM will sell you the whole setup. They may separate the washers. Call and ask.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:59 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Why not just use the GM stuff. Works good. Lasts long time.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:18 PM
BURL
Pro

Default Bellville washers - GM

Originally Posted by Capthuff
Why not just use the GM stuff. Works good. Lasts long time.
Search the forum. Almost everyone that takes down a diff with GM washers finds them cracked or broken. No GM Bellville washers for me.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:12 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by BURL
Search the forum. Almost everyone that takes down a diff with GM washers finds them cracked or broken. No GM Bellville washers for me.
You asked for advice in this section from people who have BTDT...

I've probably abused/broken as much or more than anyone in this section. I've broken and rebuilt more diffs than I care to remember.

C6Z washers and clutch packs are up to the task.

But, hey... it's your money. Spend how you wish...
The following users liked this post:
BURL (01-15-2017)
Old 01-15-2017, 04:59 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

[QUOTE=Capthuff;1593870710]
I've probably abused/broken as much or more than anyone in this section. I've broken and rebuilt more diffs than I care to remember.

Rebuilt mine with C6Z washers and clutch packs but didn't hold up, really dissappointed but I'm thinking it's an installer problem more than anything else..... Did it myself, should've just pulled the diff and had the parts installed for me....oh well, tossing a coin to use the same parts again or upgrade the posi like you did....even though not near your power level...
Old 01-15-2017, 08:22 PM
BURL
Pro

[QUOTE=dankhts;1593873374]
Originally Posted by Capthuff

Rebuilt mine with C6Z washers and clutch packs but didn't hold up, really dissappointed but I'm thinking it's an installer problem more than anything else..... Did it myself, should've just pulled the diff and had the parts installed for me....oh well, tossing a coin to use the same parts again or upgrade the posi like you did....even though not near your power level...
Did the C6 washers break? Clutches slip? Clutches roast/toast/glaze?

Thanks
Old 01-15-2017, 08:34 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Dunno for sure yet, gotta take it apart and have a look...too cold to lay under my car in the garage right now ......the first built 3 rib diff I had went over 200 passes at 11.0x this one didn't make a season running mid tens....
Old 01-16-2017, 08:56 AM
0HoosierPE
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BURL
Double posting - got this going in Tech also but I know you guy can and have broken every thing in a C5 so:

Doing a little diff up grade. Have Hoosier carbon fiber clutch going into C5 Z06 diff. Want to buy Hoosier bellville washers as they (Hoosier) suggest they should be used with their clutch packs. No problem - they are only about $11 each until you get to checkout where they want $50 to ship them. These could go in an envelope or $5 USPS box!! Talk about a rip off or the "Corvette TAX" !!! Momma didn't raise but one fool and it wasn't me. Any supporting vendors stock these or members have access to reasonable pricing?

Thanks
Ron-
Thanks for letting us know of the shipping cost error. We are correcting it and as I noted to you in the personal email we will adjust the shipping to 10.00 if you place the order and call with payment.
Thanks,
Scott
Old 01-18-2017, 05:27 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Originally Posted by HoosierPE
Ron-
Thanks for letting us know of the shipping cost error. We are correcting it and as I noted to you in the personal email we will adjust the shipping to 10.00 if you place the order and call with payment.
Thanks,
Scott
Needing to replace my posi clutch pack (again) - what's the difference between your carbon fibre kit with the HD belville washers and the GM C6 Z06 posi clutch pack? Sent you at Hoosier an email asking the same question....
Thanks!
Old 01-18-2017, 11:36 PM
BURL
Pro

Default Clutch packs 7 washers

Originally Posted by dankhts
Needing to replace my posi clutch pack (again) - what's the difference between your carbon fibre kit with the HD belville washers and the GM C6 Z06 posi clutch pack? Sent you at Hoosier an email asking the same question....
Thanks!
Anxious to hear what they say. Please post their response.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:14 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Last set I bought from RPM, they told me they were C6 Z06 clutch discs with an aftermarket HD belville washer..... Hoosiers are likely the same.... Should hold up fine at my power level and track times, but like I say I don't yet know why mine started slipping...

Get notified of new replies

To Hoosier bellville washers

Quick Reply: Hoosier bellville washers