C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another A&A Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 10:40 AM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

How do you plan on regulating fuel? I used a vette filter/regulator on a swap and when I used a 320 AEM pump, fuel was unstable. It would bounce around between 62 and 64 psi.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:37 PM
John_B
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Im not sure if there is a specific thread on it, but plenty of people on here have done it. Most just refer to it as "Bret's 450 in tank" lol but Contact Bret, blwnbluez06. He's the one that does it, he modifies the 450 to fit. I've been working with him my whole build, very helpful and knowledgeable with real world experience

he can also do twin pumps, and I think I read somewhere he can even fit a third.

Last edited by John_B; 02-14-2017 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:37 PM
FEAR LS
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Podium
How do you plan on regulating fuel? I used a vette filter/regulator on a swap and when I used a 320 AEM pump, fuel was unstable. It would bounce around between 62 and 64 psi.
Lol 62 and 64. 2psi fluctuation is unstable to you? My question would be why is it so high to begin with? Should be 58psi. Your fluctuation could have been the gauge, did you verify/isolate this problem?

I plan to use the stock regulator and stock filters.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:36 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by FEAR LS
Lol 62 and 64. 2psi fluctuation is unstable to you? My question would be why is it so high to begin with? Should be 58psi. Your fluctuation could have been the gauge, did you verify/isolate this problem?

I plan to use the stock regulator and stock filters.
Ive never seen that before with any of my cars so I guess it is unstable lol. It was with a Vette Wix filter/regulator. Fuel pressure was great with the Racetronix 255 and hotwire kit but pushed past 58psi and hit 62 to 64 psi at idle when I added the AEM 320. I removed the stock style filter/reg an added a Holley AFPR and it was steady and great. I had a Autometer FPR gauge.

Just would hate to see the same thing happen to you.

Quick Reply: Another A&A Build