C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sound from BOV

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 01:12 PM
CorvetteC5Norway
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Sound from BOV

Mye 98 vert is about to be upgraded with a complete Novi 1500 kit from ECS. Can anyone with the same kit say anything about the sound from the blow off valve? Kind of childish, but I'm hoping for an audible "whosh" or whistling sound when changing gears (manual). I will be running with the restrictor plate since the engine is otherwise stock, so I'm afraid that the pressure is to low to make any sound....?
Old 02-05-2017, 06:45 AM
Irish31
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I recently purchased an '02 with ECS Novi 2000 supercharger installed. When throttle is released after hard acceleration, my car makes a kind of "gurgling" sound. Hard to describe exactly, but sounds kind of like a large release of air coming from underwater in a short burst. Definitely not an audible whosh like from a turbo blow off valve. I believe this can be tuned to sound different.
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteC5Norway (02-06-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 09:37 AM
Quickshift_C5
Melting Slicks

Received 141 Likes on 120 Posts

I have A&A's upgraded TurboSmart 50mm BOV with their V3 Si unit at 12 psi. You could hear it a little over my loud exhaust (LG Pro Longtubes, no cats, BB Bullets), but I removed the BOV filter/silencer at the last 1/2 mile event and now it's louder than hell.

I enjoy finally being able to hear it as a driver over the loud exhaust, and it sounds great in videos. I can only imagine how obnoxious it is outside the car though.

Last edited by Quickshift_C5; 02-07-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:54 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by CorvetteC5Norway
Mye 98 vert is about to be upgraded with a complete Novi 1500 kit from ECS. Can anyone with the same kit say anything about the sound from the blow off valve? Kind of childish, but I'm hoping for an audible "whosh" or whistling sound when changing gears (manual). I will be running with the restrictor plate since the engine is otherwise stock, so I'm afraid that the pressure is to low to make any sound....?
I was just thinking about you, I have not received anything from the tuner so I could send a file. I hope it's coming along nicely.

You have the Tail blow off valve which has a nice "whoosh" to it.
Old 02-07-2017, 02:08 PM
CorvetteC5Norway
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
I was just thinking about you, I have not received anything from the tuner so I could send a file. I hope it's coming along nicely.

You have the Tail blow off valve which has a nice "whoosh" to it.
Thanks Doug,

I have an agreement with the installer that he will do the installation in between his ordinary work, and sometime during the winter, so I'm not sure if he started on the car yet. There is probably a month or two before it's nice to drive the Vette up here....

Last edited by CorvetteC5Norway; 02-07-2017 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:25 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

Tial Q, laying into the throttle to purposely get the sweet sounds

Old 02-11-2017, 10:21 AM
ysb02
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by CorvetteC5Norway
Kind of childish, but I'm hoping for an audible "whosh" or whistling sound when changing gears (manual). I will be running with the restrictor plate since the engine is otherwise stock, so I'm afraid that the pressure is to low to make any sound....?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0T73tUEtxh4

Get notified of new replies

To Sound from BOV

Quick Reply: Sound from BOV