C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lsa 417ci vs ls2 403 ci ??? Worth the 3.5k more ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 02:17 PM
always faster
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Lsa 417ci vs ls2 403 ci ??? Worth the 3.5k more ???

Lingenfelter lsa heads are on there way .
Short block is next.Im wondering if the 3.5k more for a lsa 417ci build is worth it over a ls2 403ci.

Both got Oliver rod, ls2 got dragonslayer crank and lsa got a Magnum crank with off course the oil squirter.

Si really worth it ???
And
Is 417ci Too Much for a Si trim ???

Thanks
Old 02-08-2017, 05:35 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Too much. Use that cash on a new blower.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:34 AM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by always faster
Lingenfelter lsa heads are on there way .
Short block is next.Im wondering if the 3.5k more for a lsa 417ci build is worth it over a ls2 403ci.

Both got Oliver rod, ls2 got dragonslayer crank and lsa got a Magnum crank with off course the oil squirter.

Si really worth it ???
And
Is 417ci Too Much for a Si trim ???

Thanks

LSA is a stronger block, and the LSA will have oil squirters.

In general a better and stronger platform to work with.

They will have whatever crank you purchase it with though, I'm sure you could get the Magnum with the LS2 and a Dragonslayer with the LSA if you want.

But it sounds like a small blower for either application, and given the blower will be the limiting factor, the LSA based short motor will hardly be of any real benefit given the extra expense.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:40 AM
always faster
Burning Brakes

Well i know that i could have them both with either crank.I was really interested on the lsa block because it got the oil squirter but i really wanted to know why 3.5k more...seems not worth it.

Will go with the 402ci @ 10:5 cr or maybe 10:8 cr with my little si trim @ 12 psi to create a fun street car.

Thanks

​​​​
Old 02-09-2017, 02:20 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by always faster
Well i know that i could have them both with either crank.I was really interested on the lsa block because it got the oil squirter but i really wanted to know why 3.5k more...seems not worth it.

Will go with the 402ci @ 10:5 cr or maybe 10:8 cr with my little si trim @ 12 psi to create a fun street car.

Thanks

​​​​
You could have squirters fitted to your LS2 block if you wanted, but it would likely add another $1k to do it

I had mine done a few years ago....however teh squirters used at the time were not stroker friendly. In fact it was a **** up, even with only a 3.825" crank. A 4.0" would never have worked.

I think there are a different design of squirter used now that may accommodate strokers more easily ( pistons will still need clearanced though )

At the level your at, and unless you're doing some serious WOT usage, oil squirters arent really needed.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:51 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
LSA is a stronger block, and the LSA will have oil squirters.

In general a better and stronger platform to work with.

They will have whatever crank you purchase it with though, I'm sure you could get the Magnum with the LS2 and a Dragonslayer with the LSA if you want.

But it sounds like a small blower for either application, and given the blower will be the limiting factor, the LSA based short motor will hardly be of any real benefit given the extra expense.
small blower for sure if not going to a bigger blower I loved my 402 ls2 set up in the car.

The worse thing on the ls2 IF YOU go with a big blower like the ysi the crank in the block has been known to walk around are move around what ever you want to call it. Robert
Old 02-10-2017, 01:36 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by robert miller
small blower for sure if not going to a bigger blower I loved my 402 ls2 set up in the car.

The worse thing on the ls2 IF YOU go with a big blower like the ysi the crank in the block has been known to walk around are move around what ever you want to call it. Robert
I never had any issues with the YSi on mine
Old 02-10-2017, 01:38 PM
always faster
Burning Brakes

Well i know that i was really happy with my close to 700whp high Cr, oil eating engine that wasnt properly built for boost...

So i will keep the SI trim ,crank boost from 8-9 psi to 12-13psi.Using the 403ci with a relatively high cr ( like i wrote 10:5 to maybe 10:8 cr) .This way the small blower should do the job and i should easily pass the 700whp.

My goal is a well built and solid street car(good Power and low range torque), thats it.

Last edited by always faster; 02-10-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Lsa 417ci vs ls2 403 ci ??? Worth the 3.5k more ???

Quick Reply: Lsa 417ci vs ls2 403 ci ??? Worth the 3.5k more ???