C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving in the Rain with UPP Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 06:23 PM
Brice Peters
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Driving in the Rain with UPP Kit

I just got my Z back fom getting forged internals put in the ls6. I am running a UPP kit with ceramic coated up/downpipes. I live in Socal and at the time when I bought the kit it hadn't really rained in like 4 years so it wasnt a concer on my mind lol. Well this year has been a lot different. I am in the process of breaking in the motor before I put boost through it. I am trying to get the miles out of the way as quickly as possible if you could imagine. It is supposed to rain this entire weekend here and that is prime time to put miles on the car.

What happens when water meets hot ceramic coated downpipe? What about the turbine housing on the turbo? Anyone here driven their fender mounted turbo car in the rain?

Old 02-13-2017, 09:19 PM
TheBandit18
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There should not be any problems as long as the filters don't get wet
Old 02-14-2017, 02:48 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

^^^^This^^^

Or moreover, there shouldn't be any problems unless you saturate the filters. A little water and/or mist isn't going to hurt them. Now if you drive through a monsoon....different story....

-CK
Old 02-14-2017, 04:02 PM
Pohatu18
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You would have to drive through a standing 2 ft deep puddle in order for you to suck up enough water to hurt anything. Ive driven on my C6 kit in some of these Florida rain storms without issues over the last 3 years.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:31 PM
Brice Peters
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys. I ended up driving it in the rain and everything is all good! Everything is dirty but happy

Get notified of new replies

To Driving in the Rain with UPP Kit

Quick Reply: Driving in the Rain with UPP Kit