C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tips on TTix build

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 07:39 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Default Tips on TTix build

Hi folks,

Winter is winding down and I'm a bit late getting busy with the build, but most of the parts are now there.

My reason for a new build is my current engine seems to have a bad wrist pin or a bent rod (light knock, good oil pressure, makes great power still).

The current engine is the LS6 with forged internals and we'll soon see what the problem is during the tear down. I've wanted to run a stronger block but not able to afford a full LSX and I want the lighter block up front on the vette.

Now onto the "new build"

Alum L33 block, bored to 3.82 bore, wiseco pistons, upgraded pins, lunati rods, forged lunati 4.0 stroker crank

works out to about the same displacement with a bit more stroke for better low end torq. Like to hear your thoughts on stroke vs rpm on the turbo motors, I plan on still winding up to 7k max, 6500 on the street, turbos will likely choke before then

6 bolt cathedral port heads. Like to hear advice on good CNC porting at a decent cost. These heads are bare and I'm saving up for iconnel exh valves and SS intakes. I won't be able to run big valves

love to do a superdeck, but it's not in the budget right now. The 6 bolt heads do seem to have a much thicker deck. Head studs, ls9 head gaskets (although I don't like the big gasket bore with the small 3.82 bore size, I'm told that's not a problem)

need advice on lifters. The stockers seem ok to to me as I won't be revving beyond 7k but many recommend johnson, morel, ect....

Also need to get the trunions replaced, I think I'll stay with the stock rockers with replacement guts (looking at options here).

Timing chain, looks like the new chain from Bret looks like a winner!

to help with the back pressure, I found a set of .82 5 bolt housings, the champion 3" down pipes, and I'm going to fit a c6 OBX 3 exh (have to hack the rear package tray a bit). The 3" obx exh for the c6 was WAY cheaper than anything else I found and hopefully it will flow decent being a true 3" all the way back. I'm thinking of 3" cut outs right before the mufflers for the track.

for the induction system I want to try something different. I have a haltech s2000 (need help with install, please advise) and I want to go e85. This system has all the bells and whistles but needs to be "cut in" to the factory wiring to install. I'm going to use an upgraded intank pump (aem 420 or whatever is the highest flow intank) and a new fuel system for the e85 with the flex fuel sensor.

I'm running a newer sheet metal intake (I know they don't work) and adding another set of injectors high up on the intake runners. The idea is to use my second set of injectors for race gas or pure meth and have the haltech able to control both sets of injectors. I have 80 lbs on the primary and fic bosch 127 avaialbe for the secondary injectors so PLENTY of fuel (may go smaller on the primary injectors).

e85 is still hard to find, but with the second set of injectors I can run a tune using pump gas in the main tank with meth or race gas in the secondary "race tank" (3 gallon tank) that will allow me to run more boost and timing and better control the alchy (alchy dependent tune).

Or if available, run e85 in the tank. I know all of this sounds like alot, but I have the parts and want to try it.

Now, onto the ttix system, I've got the ttix and I believe they have the 62 mm turbos with the t3 to4b hybrid turbos. They should be good to over 1000 hp which is fine for me, I'm hoping the .82 housings and 3" down pipe will extend the rev range without choking out due to the turbo flow. Most of the cars peak around 6k or so from what I've seen.

I've already got the RPM Lvl 7 tranny which will be stressed but it's fresh so I'm going to give it hell. I have a spare 4l60 which I'll likely haul out there for a lvl 10 when I can afford it so I'll have a spare.

3.42 rear gears, but I'm thinking 3.15 might even be better as I'm leaning towards half mile and mile evens more than quarter mile and it might help it hook better. The "taller gears" tend to be a bit stronger and load the turbos better in the lower gears.

Looking for experienced ttix folks and especially someone in the NOVA area or nearby that has experience with the haltech install on a c5.

staged injector experience a plus!!

thanks in advance for advice and ideas.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:30 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

I see no one has responded I'm guessing its because you have so much stuff your asking opinions on and well there's going to be a lot of those. But I'll throw my .02 in for you although I haven't had a TTIX kit myself I worked on my friend Bill's (5liter eater) so much I feel I can give you a few pointers. First on your motor I'd stay with the stock stroke and don't worry about the TQ as you will have plenty with the TT kit for sure. Most of those kits like to peak early and I think part could be CI. Second if you don't have a 6 bolt block I wouldn't worry about a 6 bolt head as you have to grind on the 6th bolt boss anyways. Spend your money on a nice set of CA 625 Head studs. But if you already have the heads then its done. I would put at least a hollow stem SS intake valve min even though your saying its not a big valve it will help and a sever SS exhaust valve will be good unless your planning on using a 2 step a ton etc...Like a race car. The staged injectors and stuff is nice in theory but with that you have to have a second fuel tank so it makes it a little more difficult so might want to think that all the way through before committing to it etc... All I have time to type GL! Keep it simple is my moto on most stuff.

Quick Reply: Tips on TTix build