C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd pass on new setup. In car video.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 08:20 PM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

I would sell that turbo kit and get a basic engine and AandA kit. Shouldn't have to worry about breaking anymore parts and the car wouldn't be a total turd just a partial one :p
Old 03-16-2017, 08:23 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoove
(i'm 38) and let them be a kid again. I just don't have much love for the physical or money aspect of it anymore. I'd rather have a car payment.....and a warranty.

No matter what, I will always race. 1/4-1/2 or roadrace whatever I own.

Hell ya man...I'm with ya 100%. I went and picked up my C7Z on my 40th birthday last Sept., I flew out of state to get it that morning, drove it back that afternoon. Best birthday ever.

I don't mind working on cars to a degree...especially if I am modding for improvements....but working on them for constant repairs? Yeah I'm done with that ****. I'll stay slow.

I'm gonna do bolt ons/meth/flex fuel and shoot for 9.99 on a completely stock engine and drive it cross country without a thought and get 25 mpg doing it.

Thats ^^^ how I know I'm getting old....
Old 03-16-2017, 08:40 AM
smokinstorm
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Please don't give up on the car. It's great following your build and track outing even if it wasn't what you might call successful. Your 44 MPH gain out the end leaves us auto guys with flat out back half envy. It's guys like you that I really like to compare to when I get sick of Ramen noodles because I had to buy more car parts. You give me inspiration that I'm not the only one doing this and not having amazing luck every time out. Hang in the bud.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:55 AM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoove
Yep same here. This will be 4th engine.
Maybe it says something about tuning.

Of course I don't know the details of your 4 engines, but it's not normal.

Never, ever, trust tuners who do not use proper knock headphones.

http://www.phormula.com/KnockAnalyserPro.aspx

Never, ever, trust tuners that don't do proper load testing for cars that will participate racing, such as standing mile races. Or even half of that.

It may cost a bit more, but hardware-wise, it'll be much cheaper.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:59 AM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles

Never, ever, trust tuners that don't do proper load testing for cars that will participate racing, such as standing mile races. Or even half of that.

TBH, when you browse a few US forums...it seems tuners actually properly listening for knock, are a rarity !
Old 03-16-2017, 09:12 AM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
TBH, when you browse a few US forums...it seems tuners actually properly listening for knock, are a rarity !
Rarity? :-)

Maybe those youtube videos without knock headphones are just for show purposes.

Plenty of 4.8 LS engines are cheap anyway. But "bad gasoline" hits those as well...
Old 03-16-2017, 09:38 AM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

How did engines ever make it before knock headphones? If someone isn't a good tuner knock headphones won't help them nor any other tool. Plenty of tuners out there without headphones with engines living.

Last edited by SBCGENII; 03-16-2017 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:48 AM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SBCGENII
How did engines ever make it before knock headphones? If someone isn't a good tuner knock headphones won't help them nor any other tool. Plenty of tuners out there without headphones with engines living.
Of course.

It's the same with knock sensors.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:44 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by SBCGENII
I would sell that turbo kit and get a basic engine and AandA kit. Shouldn't have to worry about breaking anymore parts and the car wouldn't be a total turd just a partial one :p
Thought about selling entire kit, turbos back to the exhaust tips. Up in the air, we'll see.

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Hell ya man...I'm with ya 100%. I went and picked up my C7Z on my 40th birthday last Sept., I flew out of state to get it that morning, drove it back that afternoon. Best birthday ever.

I'm gonna do bolt ons/meth/flex fuel and shoot for 9.99 on a completely stock engine and drive it cross country without a thought and get 25 mpg doing it.

Thats ^^^ how I know I'm getting old....
With ya 110% dude, also, great birthday present.

Originally Posted by smokinstorm
Please don't give up on the car. It's great following your build and track outing even if it wasn't what you might call successful. Your 44 MPH gain out the end leaves us auto guys with flat out back half envy. It's guys like you that I really like to compare to when I get sick of Ramen noodles because I had to buy more car parts. You give me inspiration that I'm not the only one doing this and not having amazing luck every time out. Hang in the bud.
I appreciate the compliments and your message. Thanks for following the build.

Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles

Motor 1-5.7 LS1 Oil pump failure- 110k
Motor 2-Sold 5.7 05 LS6 and is still in a good operating daily(made 787 rwhp)
Motor 3-This is it(current) 05 LS2.
Motor 4-Will be the 4.8 liter I just bought.

Motor 3- Without a doubt, all tuning related. I went with someone "new" this time around based on persons Holley experience. As a result, NO safety perimeters were enabled, RPM cut off, didn't happen(at all-"set to 6850-my actual shift logs show 7300), No overboost cut off- I made over 30psi(specifically said no more than 20psi-he put 20psi, on top of gate pressure, which would be about 28.5psi) in last 3 gears, no knock enabled.... I could go on here. So yes....I sold all of my spare engines, to be able to buy all of the bells and whistles for the Holley Dominator....and all of them, were turned off.

So yes...tuning related. In the past, I have never once had a tuning issue. Obviously this will be the last time I use this tuner or recommend him business.

Quick Reply: 2nd pass on new setup. In car video.