C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Bottle Mount 0n my 02 Z

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 10:32 PM
stratsRR
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Help with Bottle Mount 0n my 02 Z

I'm thinking behind the seats. What is the best way to mount it there? Anything there to watch out for? How about a blowdown tube? Thanks
Old 03-15-2017, 07:32 PM
mattressbouncer
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You have to watch out for the fuel tanks if mounting behind the seats. It's not an easy place to mount. That's why most of us put it in the trunk. The blow down is easy to install, even easier if you get the flexible blow down tube rather than that 180deg bent rigid tube.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:51 PM
stratsRR
Instructor

Thanks for the heads up.Thats what I wanted to know. Is there a way to mount behind the seat?
Old 03-15-2017, 09:17 PM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

The guy who installed my kit made a board that the mounts were attached to. The board then wedged into the downward sloping middle cubby in the trunk. I know its a little further back but it worked and I did not have to drill any holes in my car. Also I could reach it from the drivers seat. I am tall with fairly long arms though.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:26 PM
mcshocks
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I use a board as mentioned under the carpet in situations by gas tanks & use adhesive to bond to the floor/trunk material. I don't have a Z so in my coupe I fastened to the removable access cover in the back & used aluminum flat stock to back it up/reinforce.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:22 AM
mattressbouncer
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stratsRR
Thanks for the heads up.Thats what I wanted to know. Is there a way to mount behind the seat?
There is a way and people have done it before (Google will show some pictures). You may have to drop the fuel tanks so that you can see above them and not drill into them. The board method that was referred to would work, but I don't like the idea of epoxy holding my bottles down in the event of a crash. Also I don't think you would pass inspection at any track if you ever wanted to take it there. It's just a bad spot. It looks cool, but you also have to think about the sun warming your bottles if you plan on keeping the bottles in the car.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:04 PM
Jason913
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mcshocks
I use a board as mentioned under the carpet in situations by gas tanks & use adhesive to bond to the floor/trunk material. I don't have a Z so in my coupe I fastened to the removable access cover in the back & used aluminum flat stock to back it up/reinforce.
This is what I did.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:45 AM
stratsRR
Instructor

I built a mount that bolts to the hump in the front and screws to the partition. Its very secure. I need to figure a down tube now.Ill see how the pressure builds when the car is outside, its not out much.
Attached Images   
Old 03-19-2017, 10:47 AM
stratsRR
Instructor

Two 3/8" pins hold the top bracket on to the lower for quick removal.

Get notified of new replies

To Help with Bottle Mount 0n my 02 Z

Quick Reply: Help with Bottle Mount 0n my 02 Z