C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Intake - required for SC?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 10:44 PM
hogurt
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Air Intake - required for SC?

I know this is a stupid question, however, I was watching the SC install this evening and my mechanic informed me that my Blackwing will not be used for the SC? I thought that the Blackwing could be used. .

I am having the ATI installed and I am just curious. . .can I use the Blackwing? What about my Carbon fiber airbridge?

Again, I am sorry for asking a silly question. . .

:confused:
Old 03-23-2003, 10:55 PM
nfshotrod
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Air Intake - required for SC? (hogurt)

:nonod: The Blackwing will not work. I had a carbon fiber bridge on my car with the procharger though. Hope this helps.
Old 03-23-2003, 10:58 PM
Bill Reid
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Air Intake - required for SC? (hogurt)

No you cannot reuse the Blackwing with an ATI install. I recommend the use of the ATI supplied air bridge. It has a lip on the entrance and exit. When clamped this lip will aid in keeping the boost from undermining the clamps and blowing the bridge off. In the early ATI days we had a car on the dyno with a carbon fiber air bridge used with an ATI kit (not our install). At 6.5 PSI at about 6k RPM the boost blew the bridge clean off the car... launching it clear over and past the rear bumper... thankfully it didn't hit the car. I don't recommend it. :)

:cheers:
Old 03-24-2003, 12:28 AM
NEPTUNEBILL
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Air Intake - required for SC? (billreid1@***.net)

Had the same thing happen to mine--After having my blackwing sitting in the back room for over a year I sold now I'm building an NA 436 and could use it, anybody got one for sale.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:57 AM
hogurt
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: Air Intake - required for SC? (NEPTUNEBILL)

Yep. :yesnod:

I will sell the blackwing and the carbon fiber airbridge.

They are almost brand new. I purchased them with about 6k miles on the car and I now have 9k.

Please e-mail me and make an offer. . .otherwise I will be posting them on the for sale section.

Get notified of new replies

To Air Intake - required for SC?

Quick Reply: Air Intake - required for SC?