C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel pressure regulator with ATI Procharger

Old 05-05-2003, 12:51 PM
mfrnka
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel pressure regulator with ATI Procharger

Can anyone explain to me if the stock fuel pressure regulator on my '98 serves any purpose after installing my ATI P1SC?

According to my newly installed fuel pressure guage, pressure it holding at 60 psi until ~ 4700 rpms, then starts dropping fast.

I've scoured the install manual, but can't tell if the regulator vacuum line should have been disconnected during the install.

Perhaps it's time to move up to the Racetronix?

TIA.
Old 05-05-2003, 01:09 PM
BLUTHUNDER
Drifting

Default Re: Fuel pressure regulator with ATI Procharger (mfrnka)

Can anyone explain to me if the stock fuel pressure regulator on my '98 serves any purpose after installing my ATI P1SC?

According to my newly installed fuel pressure guage, pressure it holding at 60 psi until ~ 4700 rpms, then starts dropping fast.

I've scoured the install manual, but can't tell if the regulator vacuum line should have been disconnected during the install.

Perhaps it's time to move up to the Racetronix?

TIA.
Mike ,
don't even mess with your stock fuel pump..Your flirting with disaster.
If your fuel pressure is dropping at 4700 RPM you risk leaning out and damaging your motor.

Your FP should never get below the 56 PSI range even under hard acceleration

Go with the Racetronix set up..Mine never gets below 58 PSI.

Good Luck !

:cheers:

Jeff
Old 05-05-2003, 06:01 PM
mfrnka
Pro

Default Re: Fuel pressure regulator with ATI Procharger (BLUTHUNDER)

Jeff - thanks for the feedback. I don't recall if your '99 has a return fuel line or not. Are you using the Racetronics?

I know the stock fuel pump is good for a lot people with the basic P1SC. I'm trying to determine if my having the regulator vacuum line attached is causing the problem or I just have a old/weak pump. Of course, I'm looking at heads/cam once I get this all worked out so some sort of upgrade will be in order. :thumbs:
Old 05-05-2003, 06:28 PM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CA Events Coordinator

Default Re: Fuel pressure regulator with ATI Procharger (mfrnka)

To be on the safe side, I would add an aftermarket fuel pump to your car. No sense on burning up the motor just because of not spending a few extra hundred on a good fuel pump.

I am using the Aeromotive Fuel pump controller and A1100 fuel pump.

vetterdstr :cheers:

[Modified by vetterdstr, 3:32 PM 5/5/2003]
Old 05-07-2003, 01:02 AM
Racetronix
Supporting Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Re: Fuel pressure regulator with ATI Procharger (vetterdstr)

Ouch! That poor Aeromotive pump is choking with those small lines on it! :eek: They require a minimum of a -10 gravity fed line in order to operate properly.
How do you put up with the racket those pumps make? :smash:

Jack :cool:
Racetronix
Old 05-07-2003, 02:10 AM
TheSVTKid
Cruising

Default Re: Fuel pressure regulator with ATI Procharger (Racetronix)

I second that about that picturedA1000 starving for fuel. Though it looks like #4 Line......Though I am sure he has a pump in the tank and is using the A1000 as a pusher pump.
I can see a E-FMU on the car, so it's a safe guess that the A1000 is really never getting full voltage, or at least I would not see a need to.
Is there anything that is protecting that pump and E-FMU from debris?

I had a A1000 and a sumped tank. #10 Gravity Feed to the inlet , pre and post filters, then #10 feed to the regulator up front. Let me tell you about the sounds it makes when you slam on the brakes, and starved the pump. :) I am sure you know what I am talking about Jack.
It was even Aeros own sumped tank in the car! I have had many "lady friends" in the car on dinner dates, asking " What is vibrating under the floor?" My reply "Don't worry that is the fuel pump just letting you know it's still there"

I have since come up with a much better solution!

EA

[Modified by TheSVTKid, 1:46 AM 5/7/2003]
Old 05-07-2003, 06:33 AM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

CA Events Coordinator

Default Re: Fuel pressure regulator with ATI Procharger (Racetronix)

Thanks for the questions on the pump setup. Yes the oem pump is still there and this is a pusher pump. It switches from high to low when needed. When I am driving down the road I actually forget it is there. The picture shows the install while it was still in progress. The liner for the wheel well goes over all of that and you never see the pump or controller and they are protected by the liner. The car runs fine (with 616 RWHP everyday) on this setup. Thanks again for all the good questions. :)

Old 05-07-2003, 10:02 PM
TheSVTKid
Cruising

Default Re: Fuel pressure regulator with ATI Procharger (vetterdstr)

Not a problem, just wanted to know what the scoop was. Nice looking car by the way.

On a side note, does the pump ever reach a point that it isn't on? To where it is just off, and letting the stock pump push through it.
I just was wondering this as I was looking at your set up. Since the A1000 is almost impossible to push through, if it is off.
Do you have some sort of bypass that is used? Or does the pump just slightly run all the time?

EA
Old 05-07-2003, 10:06 PM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

CA Events Coordinator

Default Re: Fuel pressure regulator with ATI Procharger (TheSVTKid)

Thanks for the kind words about my car... :) My Aeromotive pump runs on low all the time and goes to high at a preset RPM... :yesnod:

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel pressure regulator with ATI Procharger

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel pressure regulator with ATI Procharger