C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im looking to change from Nitrous to Forced induction & have ??????

Old 09-05-2003, 05:10 PM
10Secondvet
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im looking to change from Nitrous to Forced induction & have ??????

I'm looking to change over from using nitrous to a good reliable supercharger set-up on my 382 LS1 and I was looking for some suggestions on what kind of set-up most of you guys are using? I know I have to change the pistons to lower the compression for the forced induction but are there any suggestions on what set-up to use? I have heard good things about Vortech has anybody else have good experiences with them?
:rolleyes:

My Web-site :thumbs:
www.GmvsFord.com

[Modified by 10Secondvet, 10:17 PM 9/5/2003]
Old 09-05-2003, 10:44 PM
MelloYellow
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Im looking to change from Nitrous to Forced induction & have ?????? (10Secondvet)

You could keep your forged stroker as is and go with larger cc chamber heads to drop the compression.

I prefer the Vortech kit design for the C5, but it's all preference.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:47 PM
SleepieAce
Le Mans Master

Location: Kentucky basketball is life the rest is just details

Default Re: Im looking to change from Nitrous to Forced induction & have ?????? (MelloYellow)

You might want to look into ATI's DS1C head as well. It could make mad power with a forged motor. :cheers:
Old 09-06-2003, 12:20 AM
boblackhardtop
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Im looking to change from Nitrous to Forced induction & have ?????? (10Secondvet)

You're probably running 11+ CR ( a wild guess ) in which case 6L truck head will not give you enough drop in your CR to run any meaningful boost safely.
I have 347 forged motor w/ 9.76 CR w/ 1200 breaking-in miles, never boosted for sale (no core required), also 8 ribs setup w/ ATI super damper w/ custom MMS ATI D1SC single IC & upgraded bracket all for sale for an awsome deal.
You're better off selling your motor & will get good money for it instead of trying to alter it to accomodate FI.
Above setup will get you very close to 700rwhp safely on 93 octane.
I'll be at LS1 speed in shaumburg oct. 4 for the MTI 422 swap. Hey save a few more bucks in shipping charge. Shoot me an email if interested. I'll be out of town this weekend & will be back monday should you have any question.

I just bought an MTI 422 & looking to do direct port nitrous.
Old 09-07-2003, 12:04 AM
SpinMonster
Tech Contributor

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Default Re: Im looking to change from Nitrous to Forced induction & have ?????? (boblackhardtop)

I believe Chris at East coast S/C runs 10.1:1 cr and 9lbs boost on his 9.8 second car.

Get notified of new replies

To Im looking to change from Nitrous to Forced induction & have ??????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Im looking to change from Nitrous to Forced induction & have ??????