C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Twin Turbo - $7,999

Old 08-13-2003, 04:33 AM
blu00rdstr
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Twin Turbo - $7,999

Sorry, I had to post when I saw it... Since the ad doesn't say, the shop just might be somewhere south of San Diego. Yes, deliver your car please. ;)
________________________________________ _________
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2427249658

1985-2003 CORVETTE

TWIN TURBO KIT

SMOKIN' DEAL !!!!

FREE INSTALLATION !!!!

FREE REAR-WHEEL DYNO TUNE !!!!

You won't find another deal as sweet as this one for a long time to come, if ever! This auction is being offered as a promotion for our new Corvette Turbo Kits and is for one new complete twin-turbo kit, custom-built for your Corvette and INSTALLED FREE, for one of the following year models:

1985-1991 L98 Corvette
1992-1996 LT1 Corvette
1997-1998 LT1 Corvette
1999-2003 LS1 Corvette

We have been building turbo kits for over four years (primarily for Mustangs), and are now introducing several new kits to the market, including our new twin turbo kit engineered specifically for the above listed Corvettes. Our kits are expertly engineered and built from only the highest quality components, and are the strongest performing, best looking kits on the market. Our kits have been the subject of numerous feature articles in several car enthusiast magazines such as Hot Rod Magazine, Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords and others. Now is your chance to get one these mind-blowing, heart-stopping, competition-crushing twin turbo kits for your 'Vette at a bargain-basement price! This premium quality kit features the following components*:

Twin T3/T4 hybrid turbochargers

Custom-built Jet-Hot ceramic-coated exhaust headers

Jet-Hot "Sterling" ceramic coated turbo kit tubing package

Two TIAL 38mm aluminum billet wastegates

Two billet aluminum blowoff valves

Boost controller

Custom-built aluminum high-efficiency air/air Intercooler

8 upgraded fuel injectors

Silicone reinforced intercooler hoses

Stainless steel high torque T-Bolt hose clamps

Stainless steel V-Band clamps

S&B conical intake air filters

Exhaust to cat-back piping

Computer program upgrade

AND

FREE INSTALLATION (a $2,000 value!)

FREE REAR-WHEEL DYNO TUNE (you will receive a copy of the dyno report to show off to your friends!)

*depending on model year, extra-cost cooling system or other system upgrades may be required.

NOTE: The kit pictured below is a single-turbo example of one of our current Mustang Kits to give you an idea of what the kit is like. Since it is a twin turbo kit, your kit will obviously include more components than are pictured here. The kit you are buying will include a FREE REAR-WHEEL DYNO TUNE and will, at a minimum, include all the components listed above, plus all the various clamps, fasteners, hoses, nuts, bolts, etc. that are not listed above, but are necessary for your car to be ready to stalk the local Vipers and other unsuspecting prey!

The winner of this auction must get their car to our facility so that we can do the installation and dyno tune. Contact us for details before you place your bid.

[Modified by blu00rdstr, 1:34 AM 8/13/2003]
Old 08-13-2003, 08:27 AM
runamuk
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04

Default Re: Twin Turbo - $7,999 (blu00rdstr)

With the complexity of the TT setup on the LS-1 and all the difficultys that experienced CORVETTE shops are having with the tuning, I don't think I want a Mustang shop experimenting with my car :nonod:
Old 08-13-2003, 10:54 AM
Nitro-C5

Received 3,049 Likes on 902 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'12, '14-'15

Default Re: Twin Turbo - $7,999 (runamuk)

With the complexity of the TT setup on the LS-1 and all the difficultys that experienced CORVETTE shops are having with the tuning, I don't think I want a Mustang shop experimenting with my car :nonod:
:iagree: BINGO!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Old 08-13-2003, 11:37 AM
Ruby6spd
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Twin Turbo - $7,999 (Nitro-C5)

:lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :crazy: :crazy: yeah right
Old 08-13-2003, 11:41 AM
SteveL2
Team Owner

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: Twin Turbo - $7,999 (Ruby6spd)

:lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :crazy: :crazy: yeah right
:iagree: -- I'll send them my car, just as soon as I can locate one of these to do the delivery:
Old 08-13-2003, 03:44 PM
Jimmy Smits
Racer

This right here "1997-1998 LT1 Corvette" tells me this shop know absolutely ZERO about Corvettes.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:41 PM
WILDONETHIRTYSEVEN
Pro

:lolg: :lolg: 1997-1998 LT1 Corvette-- Yes right when did the 97 and 98 LT1 come into existance. Will some one please let me know
:confused: :lolg: :lolg: Dont walk RUN :leaving: :leaving:

[Modified by WILDONETHIRTYSEVEN, 11:42 PM 8/13/2003]
Old 08-13-2003, 11:51 PM
MC TORCH RED
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Twin Turbo - $7,999 (WILDONETHIRTYSEVEN)

those are the same people who think a stock 03 cobra can out run a stock 03 zo6...... :bs :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-13-2003, 11:57 PM
SleepieAce
Le Mans Master

Location: Kentucky basketball is life the rest is just details

Default Re: Twin Turbo - $7,999 (Jimmy Smits)

This right here "1997-1998 LT1 Corvette" tells me this shop know absolutely ZERO about Corvettes.
:withstupid: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Old 08-14-2003, 11:16 PM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Twin Turbo - $7,999 (SleepieAce)

ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm known as Mr Research and I totally missed that! Man, I'm slippin!

Old 08-14-2003, 11:38 PM
Ryan Bell
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Once again, price does NOT matter if the quality isn't there.

Again, I'll say, choose LPE or gamble. Just my two cents though. :)
Old 08-16-2003, 10:21 PM
MIKE-C5
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'08

I love to see the FINAL TEST on this C5
Please post Dyno sheet after installation...............Make sure they dont take your LS1 Motor out and replace it with a Ford Motor..... :D :D :D :D
Old 08-17-2003, 11:16 AM
Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Twin Turbo - $7,999 (MARK's_C5TT)

You mean there was no LT-1 option in 1997-98 :confused: :confused: :jester
Old 08-17-2003, 12:29 PM
nfshotrod
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Twin Turbo - $7,999 (CHRIS NJ C5)

Those turbo's don't know what kind of motor thay are going on. A turbo kit is a turbo kit. If they are good fabricators that have alot of turbo knowledge there is no reason why they can't make it work.
Old 08-19-2003, 01:34 AM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Default Re: Twin Turbo - $7,999 (nfshotrod)

I spoke with a local performance shop earlier this afternoon about a twin turbo setup. The cost is about $10K installed. I can't see having someone beta test their turbo kit on my car to save $2K.

Mark
Old 08-19-2003, 10:10 AM
ICULUKN-C5
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: Twin Turbo - $7,999 (CHRIS NJ C5)

You mean there was no LT-1 option in 1997-98 :confused: :confused: :jester
:lolg: :lolg: :lolg:
Old 08-19-2003, 09:55 PM
Turbocharged Power
Heel & Toe

Default Re: Twin Turbo - $7,999 (nfshotrod)

Those turbo's don't know what kind of motor thay are going on. A turbo kit is a turbo kit. If they are good fabricators that have alot of turbo knowledge there is no reason why they can't make it work.

Thank you. At least you show some degree of reason, unlike those who would immediately pass judgement before knowing any of the facts. Another gentleman who is a member of this website (mn_vette) did have the the courtesy to call us and discuss what we were doing regarding the twin turbo kit we have in development before he put us in the same category with all the other "hype" and "hope" out there. You can read his comments at "Corvetteforum/C4 Forced Induction/Nitrous/Check out this twin turbo deal".

I understand the reluctance of people to believe that someone would actually propose to build a new twin turbo kit for the Corvette, but if I were not so familiar with what has been accomplished with our Mustang kits, I might feel the same way. We have a lot of experience with turbos; our many satisfied customers and the people at Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine and Hot Rod Magazine recognize the quality and performance we offer, and we intend to offer that same quality and performance in any kit we produce. As to who will be the first on the block with our kit, we already have someone who is bringing his 99 C5 to us for the transformation, and I will be glad to let you know the results of that effort when we are finished.

We will be making an announcement on our website in the future about the production kits for this car. I am sure you will be impressed with the results and the fact that our units won't be priced at the same levels as the Lingenfelter kits ($25K-$60K) or sacrifice anything in quality or performance. Lingenfelter obviously has a great product and I have a lot of respect for his company and their marketing, but when you are the only game in town, you can command a big premium on a captive market. We just believe that there is a demand for a lower-cost product that will give excellent performance without sacrificing quality for those people who do not have the luxury of an unlimited budget.

Although we all realize that the people certainly have the right to freely make their thoughts known, which is the very basis for these forums, making comments about our efforts without bothering to learn anything about our products or our company seems a little shortsighted, as I would think true Corvette enthusiasts would welcome a new and affordable product like ours. I only hope that these same people will be as generous with their positive remarks when our production kits become available? Even John Lingenfelter built a number of prototype Corvette kits (and some are still "one-off" versions); I guess we just have to pay our dues with the Corvette enthusiasts. By the way, we do know something about Corvettes; I owned an '85 Coupe and a '90 Convertible. The typo that was referred to was a regretable oversight on our part.

I realize that this forum is not the place for us to be promoting products, but I think it is only fair that we be allowed to respond to comments made by its members. If we have offended you, we apologize. We aren't trying to slide in a shameless plug; we just want to set the record straight. Thanks for listening.

Get notified of new replies

To Twin Turbo - $7,999

Old 08-19-2003, 10:47 PM
flynbludream
Drifting

Default Re: Twin Turbo - $7,999 (Turbocharged Power)

Thank you. At least you show some degree of reason, unlike those who would immediately pass judgement before knowing any of the facts. Another gentleman who is a member of this website (mn_vette) did have the the courtesy to call us and discuss what we were doing regarding the twin turbo kit we have in development before he put us in the same category with all the other "hype" and "hope" out there. You can read his comments at "Corvetteforum/C4 Forced Induction/Nitrous/Check out this twin turbo deal".

I understand the reluctance of people to believe that someone would actually propose to build a new twin turbo kit for the Corvette, but if I were not so familiar with what has been accomplished with our Mustang kits, I might feel the same way. We have a lot of experience with turbos; our many satisfied customers and the people at Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine and Hot Rod Magazine recognize the quality and performance we offer, and we intend to offer that same quality and performance in any kit we produce. As to who will be the first on the block with our kit, we already have someone who is bringing his 99 C5 to us for the transformation, and I will be glad to let you know the results of that effort when we are finished.

We will be making an announcement on our website in the future about the production kits for this car. I am sure you will be impressed with the results and the fact that our units won't be priced at the same levels as the Lingenfelter kits ($25K-$60K) or sacrifice anything in quality or performance. Lingenfelter obviously has a great product and I have a lot of respect for his company and their marketing, but when you are the only game in town, you can command a big premium on a captive market. We just believe that there is a demand for a lower-cost product that will give excellent performance without sacrificing quality for those people who do not have the luxury of an unlimited budget.

Although we all realize that the people certainly have the right to freely make their thoughts known, which is the very basis for these forums, making comments about our efforts without bothering to learn anything about our products or our company seems a little shortsighted, as I would think true Corvette enthusiasts would welcome a new and affordable product like ours. I only hope that these same people will be as generous with their positive remarks when our production kits become available? Even John Lingenfelter built a number of prototype Corvette kits (and some are still "one-off" versions); I guess we just have to pay our dues with the Corvette enthusiasts. By the way, we do know something about Corvettes; I owned an '85 Coupe and a '90 Convertible. The typo that was referred to was a regretable oversight on our part.

I realize that this forum is not the place for us to be promoting products, but I think it is only fair that we be allowed to respond to comments made by its members. If we have offended you, we apologize. We aren't trying to slide in a shameless plug; we just want to set the record straight. Thanks for listening.
Thanks for the clarification and taking the time to visit the forum. Please forgive some of the comments above, unfortunately you are bearing the brunt of a lot of pushback from other vendors who promised a quality reliable kit to the people on this forum. Right now TTI and Cerra are the only ones making an alternative turbo kit to LPE.

As for the comments about not knowing anything about Corvettes, I would have to agree with NSFhotrod. The most important thing is knowing how to get turbo kits to work reliably. All any engine is is an air pump. I would rather have a guy with a lot of turbo experience working on my FI car than a guy who knows a lot about the LS1 and not much about FI.

Where in Roswell are you located? I would like to check out your product after you have it set up. I am in Abluquerque. Please email me if you feel uncomfortable posting here. PROST55CVY@aol.com
Old 08-20-2003, 12:36 AM
blu00rdstr
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Twin Turbo - $7,999 (Turbocharged Power)

I had to post simply because the price was 'too good to be true', especially in the experience of this forum. All publicity is good, isn't it?
Old 08-20-2003, 01:37 AM
Turbocharged Power
Heel & Toe

I had to post simply because the price was 'too good to be true', especially in the experience of this forum. All publicity is good, isn't it?
Well, the price really was true. We have a '99 C5 on the way to being a very happy camper. We are still looking for a C4, however, it shouldn't be long betore someone grabs that opportunity as well. As to the "too good to be true" price, we just don't believe that you have to charge a "premium" price to provide a premium product just because you are the only game in town. I guess if there was a good result of the "publicity" you generated is that it forced me to get off my #** and respond with the facts, which reached a lot of people, judging from the emails I've received. We'll keep you posted here on the forum about our progress with the kits.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Twin Turbo - $7,999