C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnuson S/C, Who's running water/methanol Injection

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 08:33 PM
arkansascorvette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnuson S/C, Who's running water/methanol Injection

Of those that are running Magnuson's; standard or intercooled where are you introducing the water/methanol spray, before the TB or after???
Old 10-21-2004, 11:34 PM
AVB
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

before tb. 3 inches after the maf. I'm taking it apart in a week or so.. to see how I can spray after the intercooler. I'll let you know how that goes..
Old 10-22-2004, 02:35 AM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

I know you said Mag, but I run a Vortech with Alky injection introduced after the aftercooler and before the TB.
JB
Old 10-22-2004, 09:36 AM
whitelite
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Come on, speak up. Inquiring minds want to know?....lol
Old 10-22-2004, 10:31 AM
arkansascorvette
Instructor

Default Magnuson/water injection

Thanks guys, We are going to experiment at different controller sites, map, tps, and maf and wanted to know where to start with placement of sprayer. Though I have an intercooler, on a 68 deg day iats still climb to 150 deg at boost with an excellent tune. Rather than bigger injectors and more fuel used we are looking at water/methanol inject. Very slight kr at about 8000 hertz on the maf. Will post our findings as they come, BTW we are using Snow's performance stage-2 setup.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:30 PM
AVB
Safety Car

BTW, don't make the same mistake I made.. I blew a tps by putting the nozzle too close to the throttle body (5 or 6 inches in front) and had the spray come on too early (progressive).

I'm thinking it started to spray before the blade opened enough.. The moisture threw it outta wack. I may have been able to fix by drying it out but I didn't.

Anyways.. It's just not that cheap
Old 10-22-2004, 01:15 PM
AVB
Safety Car

Originally Posted by arkansascorvette
Thanks guys, We are going to experiment at different controller sites, map, tps, and maf and wanted to know where to start with placement of sprayer. Though I have an intercooler, on a 68 deg day iats still climb to 150 deg at boost with an excellent tune. Rather than bigger injectors and more fuel used we are looking at water/methanol inject. Very slight kr at about 8000 hertz on the maf. Will post our findings as they come, BTW we are using Snow's performance stage-2 setup.

Is this a progressive controlled by a maf?
Old 10-22-2004, 05:51 PM
arkansascorvette
Instructor

Default water/methanol on magnuson

MagdC5,

not a progressive setup. When the MAF controllers become available, soon, This is the best way to activate the spray. Based on frequency (hertz) our Mafs in C5's are based on frequency. As flow increases thru maf, there is a frequency based on hertz. For example,my setup is experienceing very slt KR at about 8000-9000 hertz at WOT. Using an EASE scanner I can pinpoint where I have KR and have the spray come on just prior to kr, in my case about 7500hertz. We think a MAF controller is more precise and accurate, more instantaneous if you will!

Get notified of new replies

To Magnuson S/C, Who's running water/methanol Injection

Quick Reply: Magnuson S/C, Who's running water/methanol Injection