Sponsored by:

What a Jerk - Must read

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 02:38 AM
Vette_Fan
Safety Car

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Default What a Jerk - Must read

I'm gonna try to keep this short, cuz I can't contain my emotions. I was with my girlfriend at a Car Show last Sat. An old friend of mine had a booth there, selling insurance for car,home,life. He's no particular friend, but well known from the past. Always trying to put me down, making fun of my job, cars, etc. (And he's a MBA, who worked at Taco Bell and Circuit City store)..now selling Insurance. As my Gf and I passed his booth, I told her I know him from the past. She says go say Hi to him then. I was like Nahh. She's like, go ahead, I'll wait here for you. (She figured I didn't wanna introduce her to him).

Anyways, I go say Hi. We shake hands, basic chit-chat. I'm like so what are you selling, he says...Oh I'm doing really well with the insurance business, and asks me how come I'm there. I tell him, oh looking for some High-Perf parts for my car. He laughs...Oh the same ol' car..haa..haa. I say no, I got a new car now. He says with a smile, now what? I say a Corvette. I could see colors change on his face. He didn't believe me though, asks - is it out in the parking. I said no, I didn't drive it in the rain...its too dirty and muddy out there. He's like well, it ain't that big deal. I'm like dude, you ever had a sports car? He's like well I dive a Mercedes truck (I think he meant SUV). I said, you must be crazy to compare a Mercedes to a Corvette. Then he says, man I could hit your car with my truck and it wont stand a chance. I'm like huh.? I said, man if you wanna hit someone, go hit a 18 wheeler. But if you wanna find out how good your Mercedes is, bring it on the track, lets find out. Then he says, oh yeah..I'll get the new Acura RX (not sure if he meant RSX, or NSX. Two different cars). But either way, I told him man now you sound weird trying to compare an Acura to a Corvette. That really cracked me up. Then I said you don't know much about cars dude. He says - oh yeah I do, I've been selling car insurance for 2 yrs now, I do know about cars. I was like man you know cars for 2 yrs, I've been building them since I was a kid. He then says, Yeah I remember you had that TransAm you were always racing.. I said, exactly, now you know what I'm talking about.. After that, I just kinda walked away... But I wish I told him which corner of the city he lives in, or what apartment...since I live in a 4 bedroom house. What a jerk... I really wanna ring his neck...Even better, meet him on the road and tell him what a sissy Mercedes he's got. My C5 will burn circles around him and he can't even touch me with that silly truck...

Thanks for letting me burn off my steam.. You all ever run into jerks like that.. Well, hope I see him on the road...

Last edited by Vette_Fan; 03-25-2005 at 02:54 AM.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:45 AM
DaBoz
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time for a deep breath.... no, make that several deep breaths.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:03 AM
MyVetteDream
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: HOW FAST WAS I GOING OFFICER? Los Angeles Hating GM Dealership Service Dept.'s Since Sept. 2004
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

Hey VF-
I think this falls in line with my recent thread about something similar. F$@# that loser! I think DaBoz's avatar represents a good visual of what this jackhole was doing ... talking out of his @zz. I swear, guys like that make me laugh. He's so full of it ... I wish you had his email addy so you could send him a link to this thread and let him read what will get posted here in the next few days.

If he works in the insurance industry, he should know better, and he does. His attempt at "I know this ..." only enhances his ignorance and confirms he's a fake know-it-all.

What a coincidence, this idiot works in the insurance industry, and so does the guy I was talking about? Things that make you go hmmm?

BTW, he should know these are High Performance vehicles ... not Sports Cars. Hence the HP rating on the insurance billing statement.

Bottom line, you're a winner ... he's a definite loser. Tell him I said so.

Dave Q.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:29 AM
CorvetteNoobie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, you kind of baited him while letting him know he was getting to you. When he said I drive a Mercedes, that is when you say "Well, Mercedes makes a great car, good luck with your insurance sales, have a nice day, my girlfriend is waiting for me". Then walk off. That would trump any conversation you could have with him, plus it shows him that you are free to hang out with your girlfriend and he is stuck selling all day. You might not believe me, but that would make him wonder about you all day.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:36 AM
EHS
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Strange things happen at 2:38 a.m.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:59 AM
99SilverC5Coupe
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Wasn't that tonights episode of OC.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:06 AM
Target Chaser
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Machine Silver Z06 The Golden State......... Bay Area
St. Jude Donor '05

You held all that in since Saturday.

Half way through his BS I would have said "Blo me"! "See my girlfriend over there I am going to leave with her now, keep selling insurance you needlemeyer".

Don't sweat the dweeb.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:20 AM
Vette_Fan
Safety Car

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by MyVetteDream
Hey VF-
I think this falls in line with my recent thread about something similar. F$@# that loser! I think DaBoz's avatar represents a good visual of what this jackhole was doing ... talking out of his @zz. I swear, guys like that make me laugh. He's so full of it ... I wish you had his email addy so you could send him a link to this thread and let him read what will get posted here in the next few days.

Dave Q.
Hey guys, guess what... You wouldn't believe this.... I did search on Google.com and found his insurance company, its local. All I had to do was type up my zip code and get his email id as a local agent. So I've got his phone number, fax, address, and email id.. How about that.. Now what... Give me some strange Ideas!

Last edited by Vette_Fan; 03-25-2005 at 04:30 AM.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:31 AM
EHS
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My thought would be to go to sleep.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:49 AM
C5 MANIAC
Racer

Jelousy is an ugly thing.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:11 AM
rpfsys
Intermediate

This thread reminds me how many clueless knuckleheads there are out there. Even though I've only been a vette owner for three months, I still wish I had a dollar for every jealous a$$hole who thought they had a better ride than my vette. Here in the DC area, it seems a lot of these a$$holes I encounter are so in love with anything foreign and in group settings find stupid things to criticize about the vette while telling me how great the Mercedes, BMW, or Porsche is. And you know what? In private, they always wind up asking me if they could try the vette out, while I have absolutely no interest in driving theirs. Now, I just ignore them, and keep pressing on. Put the hammer down on the vette, that's all the talking you need to do. "Who's yo' daddyyyy!!!!!!!"
Old 03-25-2005, 05:17 AM
FXWG
Pro

Originally Posted by CorvetteNoobie
Dude, you kind of baited him while letting him know he was getting to you. When he said I drive a Mercedes, that is when you say "Well, Mercedes makes a great car, good luck with your insurance sales, have a nice day, my girlfriend is waiting for me". Then walk off. That would trump any conversation you could have with him, plus it shows him that you are free to hang out with your girlfriend and he is stuck selling all day. You might not believe me, but that would make him wonder about you all day.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:39 AM
ZFORME
Burning Brakes

You got a vette and a woman so go enjoy them! Don't get jammed up by sone dude that has no clue. Leave him alone because messing around can escalate things in a hurry. Then you wonder why the guy hunts you down or you hunt him down and someone gets hurt or killed?

Go spend some time with sweet thing and unwind your mind!
Old 03-25-2005, 05:45 AM
mojo1
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15, '19

Great idea,I will try to remember that .
A long time friend of my wifes meet a guy about 16 years ago and when we were introduced he asked me what I did and I told him I was a machinist and he said"ITs a dirty job but some one has to do it" It was all I could do to keep from knocking him out. The wife went to their place this past weekend ,in the vette ,to take her friend out for lunch . SHe said he drooled all over the vette,and I am pretty sure the wife too,made me feel good. He drives a dump truck for his mothers dirt yard abut I couldn't get my wife to tell him its a dirty job but some one has to do it.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:51 AM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CA Events Coordinator

You should forget about him... kick him to the curb and move on with your life. Proving something to a person like that is a total waste of your time. You have better things to do than to spend any more time even thinking about that loser.

VR
Old 03-25-2005, 06:21 AM
C5naples
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ignore him, he obviously knows how to get under your skin. I would just stay away from him. He has your number.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:29 AM
love my car
Melting Slicks

i agree

Get notified of new replies

To What a Jerk - Must read

Old 03-25-2005, 06:37 AM
Z0SLIK
Race Director

Originally Posted by DaBoz
Time for a deep breath.... no, make that several deep breaths.
Zoloft for the dude!! Easy big guy you are going to bust something.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:49 AM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,403 Likes on 610 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by EHS
Strange things happen at 2:38 a.m.
I hear ya..........

..and Vette_Fan, don't take ALL MB's too lightly.

When that E55 rolls up next to you with the 4 doors and baby seats in the back, don't laugh when he's wanting a shot at your C5 at the next light, he could give you a huge suprise.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:54 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,282 Likes on 13,960 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Putting him out of your mind is probably best - no way to argue with the ignorant. You have the car and the girl - life is sweet.

Quick Reply: What a Jerk - Must read