Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Woodward Cruise Detroit Aug 19/20!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 09:08 PM
Catapult
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Woodward Cruise Detroit Aug 19/20!!!!

The Mother of all carshows! The largest one-day event in the world is the Woodward Dream Cruise in Metro Detroit Saturday Aug 20th. (the locals start cruisng/parking Monday of that week) 2 million people, 40,000+ cars, a cruise and show that spans 17 miles up and down famous Woodward Ave in Metro Detroit. Everything that ever rolled under power is at this show. It seems like every 3 rd car is a Corvette! You haven't been to a "car show" until you've seen this!

I always wanted to bring all the Corvettes together at one place for Woodward so we put this together. The National Corvette Museum and Tom Peters of GM Design are hosting a Corvette gathering at the Woodward Cruise. Event will be Friday Aug 19th at Somerset Inn (1 mile off Woodward at a great hotel that won't rip you off). See a GM Design extravaganza. Chevrolet does a massive display at the Cruise Sat taking over an entire park as do other divisions of GM. Local Corvette clubs surround the area.

If you ever considered coming to Detroit for the Woodward Cruise, this is the year! Stay with all your Vette buddies at a hotel that isn't going to overcharge you and has security plus an event Fri nite. Fri nite event is a Fundraiser for National Corvette Museum and American Cancer Society. GM Design will be on hand along with Corvette Quarterly and host of designers from all over the auto community. GM Design, GM Engineering, GM execs are signing up now to be there. You'll see stuff that hasn't been out of the box yet too. Tom Peters will also do a full C6 Z06 Design presentation. There will be rare C6 development items available too.

Check it out at http://www.corvettemuseum.com/regist...d/agenda.shtml

Or shoot me an email at Cmespeed@comcast.net for more info. See you in Detroit! Col.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:48 PM
silverv96
Instructor

Originally Posted by Catapult
The Mother of all carshows! The largest one-day event in the world is the Woodward Dream Cruise in Metro Detroit Saturday Aug 20th. (the locals start cruisng/parking Monday of that week) 2 million people, 40,000+ cars, a cruise and show that spans 17 miles up and down famous Woodward Ave in Metro Detroit. Everything that ever rolled under power is at this show. It seems like every 3 rd car is a Corvette! You haven't been to a "car show" until you've seen this!

I always wanted to bring all the Corvettes together at one place for Woodward so we put this together. The National Corvette Museum and Tom Peters of GM Design are hosting a Corvette gathering at the Woodward Cruise. Event will be Friday Aug 19th at Somerset Inn (1 mile off Woodward at a great hotel that won't rip you off). See a GM Design extravaganza. Chevrolet does a massive display at the Cruise Sat taking over an entire park as do other divisions of GM. Local Corvette clubs surround the area.

If you ever considered coming to Detroit for the Woodward Cruise, this is the year! Stay with all your Vette buddies at a hotel that isn't going to overcharge you and has security plus an event Fri nite. Fri nite event is a Fundraiser for National Corvette Museum and American Cancer Society. GM Design will be on hand along with Corvette Quarterly and host of designers from all over the auto community. GM Design, GM Engineering, GM execs are signing up now to be there. You'll see stuff that hasn't been out of the box yet too. Tom Peters will also do a full C6 Z06 Design presentation. There will be rare C6 development items available too.

Check it out at http://www.corvettemuseum.com/regist...d/agenda.shtml

Or shoot me an email at Cmespeed@comcast.net for more info. See you in Detroit! Col.
You are right. I live 1 mile from 13 mile and Woodward the "Hub" of the cruise. There is something I have to add on the start of the cruise. Last year the cruisers started almost 2 weeks prior to the cruise. You could not get into a parking lot but at least you could cruise and at times flex the horses. It is something to experience, at least just once. Beautiful cars of all makes and years, great people and awesome Vettes that expand the decades. Trust me... my windows are open and I hear the action into the wee morning hours. Some nights, I'm there.

It is the "Mother Load" of all gatherings.
If you are thinking of coming here, I would start checking the hotels now. Some take RSVP's for the next year at the time of your stay... may be rumor. I'm not sure... you didn't hear it from me.

Hope to meet some of you ... Oh yea... they do try to have the roads fixed by then.

And some people are not tolerant of this event... Beware.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:41 PM
TP C5
Burning Brakes

Simply Put "A Must See Event, You Won't Believe Your Eyes"

Last edited by TP C5; 05-13-2005 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:40 AM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm there every year. Although, to be honest, it's gotten much too commercialized the last few years.

Cheers,

Mark

Get notified of new replies

To Woodward Cruise Detroit Aug 19/20!!!!

Quick Reply: Woodward Cruise Detroit Aug 19/20!!!!