DIC code

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 07:59 PM
jpc0011
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default DIC code

Checked for code and have the following:
C1235 RR Wheel Speed Circuit Open or Shorted. What do I look for? Where? anyone. Thanks
Old 06-29-2005, 11:40 PM
SpeedyZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You will get that code if the sensor is unplugged. There is a two pin connector right on the inside of the rear rotor right above where the parking break cable connects to the spindle. The small wiring harness is normally tied to the parking break cable. Check that plug to make sure it is connected good. Unplug it and look in the plug for corrosion. Unplug it and replug it a few times. Clear codes and check it again. If you still get codes unplug the sensor and use a multimeter to check resistance of the wheel sensor, it should read 850-1350 ohms. Don't spin the wheel when in ohms mode or you may damage your meter. If the resistance is correct put your meter in AC volts and spin the wheel, you should see around 100mv AC from the sensor. If all that looks OK then your may have wiring problems between the sensor and EBCM.

This code will be set if the EBCM sees the sensor out of spec for more than 20ms. So you may have to drive the car a while to shake the wires to see if the code comes back.

Here is were the plug for the sensor is located:

Old 06-30-2005, 07:48 AM
jpc0011
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks speedy z. You have led me right to the problem. The wires are pulled from the connector. I must have ran over something. Can I buy a connector from dealer? Will I need a part #. Thanks again I feel much better now as I was fairly worried it was not a minor issue.

Get notified of new replies

To DIC code

Quick Reply: DIC code